TOP 100 REVIEWERon 23 March 2014
I discovered this double disc collection while out and about on my travels and charged it to my longsuffering bank account as soon as I saw Aretha Franklin's 'I Say A Little Prayer For You' dwelling there in the line-up. Oh, hang about... Amazon don't want you to know about the line-up do they? Perhaps I ought to just keep quiet then. Nah... that really doesn't sound like something I would do at all. OK then... if you PROMISE not to tell anyone that I told you what's on these discs.

OK then;

4. Alone Again Or - Love
5. Let's Go To San Francisco - Flowerpot Men
6. 59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy) - Harpers Bizarre
7. Cathy's Clown - Everly Brothers
8. Spanish Harlem - King, Ben E.
9. Hold On (I'm Comin) - Sam & Dave

17. Land Of 1000 Dances - Wilson Pickett
18. Soul Finger - The Bar-Kays
19. Soul Man - Sam & Dave
20. Stand By Me - Ben E. King

Now then, promise you won't tell anyone where you got that track list from. If you do, may Siobhan Fahey visit my home in the dead of night looking for a place to sleep safely.

Actually, do you know what...? Tell anyone you like! You can tell them that this is a very surprising collection of tracks too, especially if that increases the chances of the fair Siobhan crossing my threshold. Lots of different music styles, combining songs so well-known that even I have heard of them with stuff I wouldn't have previously recognised if it mugged me in the street. The sixties predate me by a whole decade, but they sound pretty darn good to me on the basis of the majority of these forty numbers. Although, I still say Kim Wilde's version of 'You Keep Me Hangin' On' was better than Vanilla Fudge's.

No? Oh well, that must just be me then.

Happy Listening!
on 11 January 2015
good listening for old people like me
on 25 February 2012
The CD looks like it might be cheap but the music is fantastic and sound quality fine (I am no expert). The music of the sixties is so much better than today's rubbish similar sounding rubbish. So many brilliant songs. Try it.
on 29 October 2015
hi cds were excllent thank you kevin
on 16 June 2015