5.0 out of 5 stars just as the title say - purrfect!
Published on 22 Jan 2012 by Marcin De

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not start with this collection
Published 21 months ago by Hugues Orsetti

5.0 out of 5 stars just as the title say - purrfect!, 22 Jan 2012
This might be my favoruite Eartha Kitt collection. The songs here seem to have been re-recorded in the 60s and they sound more juicy than the usual studio recordings from the 50s (I Want to be Evil, Ces't Si Bon, etcetera). Her voice is perfect, her performance brilliant, and the songs are enjoyable and legendary. The selection is very good. All her trademark songs have been included here.

What can I say more? I love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars almost purrfect, 20 July 2010
R. Poole "baby boomer" (london uk) - See all my reviews
another good eartha kitt selection this time of her sort of novelty "bad little eartha"type numbers.fun with most of her most famous songs of this ilk included,"i want to be evil,santa baby,just an old fashioned girl"etc.worth getting especially at this price.this is really the one to get for the lovers of this style of eartha kitt.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not start with this collection, 21 Oct 2012
Hugues Orsetti (Manosque) - See all my reviews
I'm surprised other reviewers didn't notice this: this collection doesn't feature the original recordings of the fifties, but re-recordings that Eartha did in the early sixties (the earlier ones being from 1959). Those who love Eartha Kitt know what I mean: you can't compare the original versions of "Santa Baby", "I want to be evil", "C'est si bon" and so delightful others she did in the fifties with the ones she revisited a few years later with less spice, passion or inspiration. At the time I write this, a new collection called "The Essential" to be out soon seems to be a much better start, with the original versions of the songs mentionned above, including "Monotonous" and "Santa Baby".

4.0 out of 5 stars Purrfect, 30 April 2014
I love the humour in her songs. The songs are classics. She has an earthiness to her voice that is fab.

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 19 April 2014
This was bought for my husband as a present, he really loves it.
It is so nice to be able to buy these CD's on line.There are so many option.
This one has a wonderful choice on it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for a friend for her birthday, 22 Jun 2013
Listened to it and both my friend and me enjoyed the songs, she has a nice voice and some songs I actually knew.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purrfect, 4 April 2013
I bought this for my father and he is delighted with the variety of styles on this disc. This is an excellent compilation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Eartha Kitt, 31 Dec 2012
I enjoyed this cd............just bought back some old memories, but not as good as I remember it! But I shall play it occassionally

4.0 out of 5 stars Eartha is a revelation, 13 Nov 2012
Bought two of Ms Kitts albums mainly for the popular songs but really pleasantly surprised that others are so comical and well worth a listen

no one does or did innuendo whilst singing ....... like Eartha

bless her

5.0 out of 5 stars great music, 17 Nov 2011
This review is from: Purrfect - The Eartha Kitt Collection (MP3 Download)
love this , got it with MP3 download with is always a pleasure and I have enjoyed many hours of listening