5.0 out of 5 stars efficiency
the supplier kept me up to date with progress and delivery was on time. The card is working well and was a very good price for the spedd involved. Class 10 SDHC cards work well in professional camcorders such as Sony EX1 and the speed facilitates transfer of large image files up to 6 GB tried so far.Komputerbay price well below Sandisc, Panasonic versions.
Published on 23 Aug. 2010 by Dr. A. Kelly

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed within a month
As someone who works in film I use digital media day in/day out. Generally I'll use cards far more expensive than this but this one was just for my car so thought nothing of spending a small amount of money particularly due to the hundreds of good reviews on Amazon.

Published 17 months ago by barton

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed within a month, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Komputerbay 32GB Class 10 SDHC Ultra High Speed Memory Card (Accessory)

The card is excellent value - yes, but it is an absolute lottery as to what you'll get which is why you're paying much less than the equivalent Sandisk. If ultimately it doesn't work or you lose valuable work, is it worth the saving? For me it doesn't really matter, I can just get a new one and I've lost nothing but I'd ask people to steer clear of Komputerbay. People who've used the cards in Canon 5Ds for video and in Black Magic cameras have reported lost work and significantly lower than advertised speeds. They're borderline acceptable for consumer use, but not for professionals.

As for the specifics to my purchase. It worked fine for about 3 weeks then when I went to load more files on it accepted them but lost them as soon as the card was ejected (the card wasn't locked). It then refused to be reformatted. I'm sending back for a refund and putting my money elsewhere.

Ironically, I've only made this review because Komputerbay emailed me specifically asking me to but having seen the overwhelming numbers of positive reviews, I felt compelled to.

2.0 out of 5 stars Komputerbay 32GB "class 10" SD card., 11 Jun. 2012
Good news first; my read and write tests confirmed that it was not a fake and, indeed, all 32GB of it was perfectly usable.

Unfortunately, it didn't even come close to living up to the claimed read and write speed in my case. Writing 1gb files onto the card until it was full (using the f3write test utility) happened at a disappointing 4.2MB/sec, while reading these files back went along at 10.7MB/sec. Both of these speeds, particularly the all important write speed, fell well short of the claimed speeds.

All in all, good value for money, but it's certainly not worthy of it's class 10 rating.

Other reviewers seem to differ on speed reports, so I guess it's just a case of hoping you get lucky!

5.0 out of 5 stars efficiency, 23 Aug. 2010
Dr. A. Kelly (uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars 32GB SDHC Class 10, 23 Mar. 2011
D. SMART (UK) - See all my reviews
Used in a Panasonic HD camcoder. Installed into camera and formatted. NO PRObLEMS. Camera reads and writes without a problem to this card. PC can't read it tho. That is not a fault of the card. it's my Card reader. Have another one that reads it fine. Would recommend this card, FAR FAR cheaper than a Class 10 32gb SDHC by Panasonic. In High def max resolution I can get over 5 hours of video. in true 1080p at 50 frames per second. Great bargin. I have two. You need a fast card then you won't go far wrong this this one. ENJOY.

Well here's an update.... Cards so good i got two more. No problems what-so-ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and big, 25 July 2011
Ordered and delivered within 72 hours (which included a Sunday). The card arrived held in a large plastic clamshell that had a printed product sticker on it; the clamshell was loose in an Amazon cardboard packet. The back of the card was marked 'Made in Taiwan' with serial number 'LTSD110632GB'. The card itself was blue with a plain black and white no-name label on it.

Given the numerous fake cards being sold out in cyberspace I ran the H2testw program (version 1.4) on the card. This returned a result of a 30GB formatted card with a write speed of 14.4MB/sec (comfortably exceeding its Class 10 description, although not achieving the full 15MB/sec advertised), and with a read speed of 16.1MB/sec (again not achieving the fully advertised 20MB/sec). My Canon 550D reports space for about 3500 high-detail JPEGs at 18mp, while my Panasonic TZ7 shows enough space for just under 5500 high-detail JPEGs at 10mp. Having just received it, I can't yet comment on its longevity.

While I'm happy in general with the card the read speed is a little disappointing, as I would have anticipated something closer to 18MB/sec (although I know that many things will never achieve in reality what is claimed for them on paper). That said, the read speed is certainly more than adequate for my purposes and it doesn't detract from what is otherwise an excellently priced 32GB Class 10 SDHC card.

1.0 out of 5 stars KomputerBay 32GB Class 10 SDHC Card, 9 Dec. 2011
Buying this product was a BIG mistake!

It was a really good price for a 32GB Class 10 SDHC card, but I guess it is true... you get what you pay for. The card worked fine for a few weeks, then just stopped working whilst on holiday. I was using it in my new Canon Ixus 310, and it stopped writing to the card. 'Memory Card Error' it said.

I eventually managed to re-format the card, and recover most of the pictures through some recovery software. However, I lost some valuable video of my son's birthday.

The product seems flimsy in comparison to other cards I have used, and I am not convinced by the claimed write speeds. It seems suspicious that I was trying to shoot slow-motion video when it failed. Being a Class 10 card it should have handled this, but it seems not!

This card might be OK as a temporary storage device, or to transfer files, but I wouldn't risk using it again in a camera. Apparently 96% of people gave this a 5 star rating. However, if you are one of the unlucky 4%, you could end up losing valuable pictures.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly constructed, to avoid..., 13 Aug. 2011
I found mine to be working fine for the first few days, then found it to annoyingly stop its write-processes erratically. I left it and went back to use my 16GB Integral branded card(in my opinion far superior). I later decided to move everything in this KomputerBay 32GB card to my computer, which went ok until I found that the write-protection switch became faulty. Now I have a card that is half full, and will NOT delete or be formatted. I then tried to mess with the switch (flicking it to lock and off) which ended up with the whole card falling apart!!!

Do yourself a favour, go for a better quality card. I was tempted by the price, but be warned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as fast as claimed, 4 July 2011
This is an unbranded 32gb SDHC card. I've got 2 of these now. My performance tests show:
Writing speed: 13.4 MByte/s
Reading speed: 16.5 MByte/s
so not as fast as claimed by the seller. Nevertheless I'm fairly happy with their performance.

10 July update. Since publishing this review I've carried out more performance tests on these and some other Class 10 SD cards. To my surprise the unbranded one here actually performed better than a couple of my Transcend branded Class 10 cards.

1.0 out of 5 stars Komputerbay 32GB SDHC, 30 April 2011
after 7 days lost data collected over the week then jammed in a camera because it started to open up weak construction. a great loss of information and unusable
Randle in Darlington

3.0 out of 5 stars Works good when it wants, 13 Jun. 2011
I've been using it about two months now and in general have had no problems but if I have to specify certain ocations I would say that there's been quite a few times when trying to record a video it has stopped automatically because it was working very slow. I have to admit that recording an HD video at a bitrate of 40 mb/s, as my Canon EOS 550D does, can't make it any card, but knowing that this is a class 10 card shuldn't be any problem as the minumun required for my camera is a class 6. Another thing I'd like to point out is that using a Sony 8 GB Class 4 card whith the same camera doesn't give me any trouble, what does that mean? That actually a Sony Class 4 performs better than a KOMPUTERBAY Class 10?

At first I thought that the problem would be because the hard was almost full (29 GB out of 30,9 GB) but the other day happend the same thing and the card was EMPTY. It started recording 3 seconds and stopped. I've had this problem a few times, and I was lucky I wasn't recording something important, but what will happen when I'm recording something that really matters?

I wouldn't recommend this to somebody that will use it at work and his work depends on this, it would be better to buy a trusted brand. It is a good buy though for someone who would use it not professionally, 'cause you never know when will it bug.

Komputerbay 32GB Class 10 SDHC Ultra High Speed Memory Card
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available