4.0 out of 5 stars A simple but very robust security suite
The whole approach of Webroot Internet Security Complete 2011 is too keep it simple without compromising the level of protection. Consequently the GUI has a refreshing stripped-down look that's divided into 4 sections - PC Security, Sync & Sharing, System Cleaner, and Identity & Privacy. A simple colour coding of green, yellow and red is used to denote the security status...
Published on 29 Nov 2010 by N. Burgess

3.0 out of 5 stars Good PC security protection, but has issues?
I have been an avid follower of Webroot security software for 3-4 years now, after I used this software to remove a particularly nasty virus that my old PC had. Over the years, Webroot have improved their software year after year, building on its effectiveness and its capabilities each time.

Webroot Internet Security Complete 2011 is a further enhancement of...
Published on 9 Jan 2011 by G. Horsham

5.0 out of 5 stars Practically invisible service, 16 Dec 2010
Lisa Maynard "Mrs Kasani" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Webroot Internet Security Complete 2011, 3 user (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I actually had to check that this was properly installed, because it was so easy to do and ran effortlessly. The CD process is very simple, and the scan began to run automatically after installation. I was very impressed but of course it's hard to tell how well it's actually performing until I've been using it for a while longer. All good so far though :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Flawed but capable security suite, 16 Dec 2010
Mr. G. Battle (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Simple to install and set-up on Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) the 2011 edition front end is fairly clutter free. The scan time is not the fastest of the internet security suites I have used, however it found over a hundred cookies the previous suite did not. Webroot's software is over cautious though, more suited to the general user, than a power user. It identified a few lesser know applications as potential threats, which can be manually removed from quarantine. The malicious browser protection is aimed predominantly at Internet Explorer users, again the biggest portion of surfers, and crashes FireFox when browsing Amazon pages (a known problem). The tool can be readily uninstalled from FireFox, however it still remains an issue. The options vary from too simple to very complicated and although Webroot offer video tutorials, in application help could be improved. Overall though, this updated version is mostly hassle-free, does what you expect from a trusted supplier of security software, offers maintenance tools and a Gaming mode to reduce system overheads and is a solid choice to protect your PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Dec 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Installed easily onto a VISTA & XP Windows PC. Straight-forward to use. The option menus on the PC are straight-forward and easy to use. I would recomend this product to user's who want a smooth and problem free PC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Webroot Review, 7 Dec 2010
I am very happy with the Webroot security and especially the price. It was much cheaper than other places where I saw it advertised. To be completely honest I wondered if it was genuine because of the price and I have no problems there. It is now protecting my computer. Thanks

2.0 out of 5 stars Possible incompatibilty issues slowed system down to a crawl., 6 Dec 2010
Glasgow Dreamer (Glasgow Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Webroot took three attempts to install properly on my PC. The first two attempts failed as the installer failed to locate a file, which was on the installation disk. Annoyingly, rather than aborting the install at this point, it continued, giving the impression that it may have found the file after all, only to inform me at the end of the process that it had failed. Giving the software the benefit of the doubt, I tried a third time, and the "missing" file was found and the software appeared to install correctly.

A reboot is then required, which is fair enough, but after this reboot my system had slowed down to a crawl. Start-up took a full twently minutes, and even after this time, my desktop was sluggish with programmes, including Webroot, either taking an age to load, or simply not opening at all. Eventually I uninstalled Webroot, rebooted again, and everything returned to normal.

My system runs on XP (SP3), so is not the most up-to-date, but the advertised system requirements state that the software should be compatible with such specifications. It may be that it conflicts with some other software running on my system, but I removed (temporarily, as it transpires) all software performing the same tasks as Webroot before installing, and there were certainly no warnings given to that effect.

So unfortunately I can't give a particularly positive review. The software certainly looks like it should be ideal, and maybe it would perform better if installed onto a cleaner, newer system. I have a colleague who runs it on a Vista machine and he is quite happy with it. Equally, I don't want to be too negative either, as the fault may be with my system, but my system is no more disorganised than most personal home PCs, so I do feel slightly let down. The problems with the installation procedure did not help either. I certainly couldn't recommend that you purchase this software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually very good and V cheap!, 27 Nov 2010
Marco Rossini "Marco" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Actually this is a very good piece of software, so I'd like to offer 5 stars, which I hardly ever do. But I'd like to point out a couple of both positive & slightly negative aspects here. Hope this helps!

1) Every time I start up my PC (Windows Vista), a pop-up warning appears and says 'Check your AntiVirusstatus - AntiVirus protection is off'. But don't worry, it is just the issue of the start-up speed until the Webroot properly is turned on and ready to work, and only then does the AntiVirus automatically starts. So, just ignore the message.

2) The protection status is slightly unclear, because whether my PC is properly protected or not isn't so obvious as Norton or McAfee, because both of them clearly say 'Your PC is protected from known viruses and up to date'. Webroot says your PC has been swept (scanned) and the quarantined (disinfected), but still it's not very clear if my PC is being protected or not.

However,

1) My PC seems to be working well without slowing down at all. Webroot uses a number of new terms instead of better known terms, like 'sweep' for 'scan', 'quarantine' for 'disinfect', 'shield' for 'protected' and so on, but I've already got used to them.

2) The graphics are minimal but nicely animated and fun! This is a good idea as this software is not too 'heavy' and works more efficiently than more traditional and well-known products.

3) This software comes with anti-spyware, so as well as it protects your PCs from virus, hackers and so on, it will protect your precious information from being stolen.

4) It's very simple to use, so it's only the matter of time until you get used to it, and I'd definitely be happy to renew my subscription at the end of the one-year period.

5) This product protects up to three PCs for this price, so it's definitely reasonable!

Hope this help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Webroot products have never let me down, 26 Nov 2010
Dragon0303 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always been impressed with Webroot's Spy Sweeper over the years, no matter what other similar software I've tried (even right before scanning with Spy Sweeper) it has always found more things sneakily hiding in my computer. So now, for the first time, I'm happy to go the whole hog and trust Webroot's full package to protect me. The other reviewer (so far) mentions about the scans being slow, but unless you only keep your PC switched on for short periods at a time (which I don't) then I can't imagine this will be a problem as it just gets on with it in the background and it hasn't affected anything I've been doing at the same time.

I definitely have peace of mind in trusting Webroot products and until something happens that forces me to think differently I'm happy to trust and recommend this and any other of their products.

P.S. I dont work for them! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK but very slow scanning., 21 Nov 2010
L. W. Newton "lwn83" (Nottingham, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I installed this Webroot security package to a PC running XP Pro, (I un-installed the previous, about to expire, security product before hand), I did have a couple of issues installing this program, an error box kept popping up saying that a file could not be found, but on the third attempt Webroot seemed to update itself via the net and then install correctly. The spec for the PC Webroot is installed on is 2.4ghz single core CPU, 2gb RAM, 80gb HDD, well with the recommended specs.

Webroot Internet Security software has a simple, colour coded interface and is easy to use, but I found that it is s-l-o-w at scanning the PC taking hours to do a simple system scan but it does not hog resources whilst scanning, using just 16% of the CPU which is probably the reason for the slow scanning, this could be an advantage on an underpowered PC though and will allow you to continue using your PC whilst Webroot is scanning, unlike some internet security software that makes the PC slow to a crawl when scanning, leaving it unusable. Webroot updates itself automatically, so this software should protect your PC from the nasties of viruses, malware, spyware, phishing, keyloggers and many more, only time will tell if this software does as it says as there are so many threats out there and keeping them at bay is becoming more of a problem.

Webroot Internet Security 2010 also has some other features that include online secure data storage(10gb), gamer mode that can be turned on or off, Permanent deletion of unwanted files(file shredder), system clean-up program, so it is a complete package.

The software comes with a 1 year licence for use on 3 PC's and comes at a reasonable price, but is let down by the s-l-o-w scanning.

3.0 out of 5 stars webroot, 25 Aug 2011
Price varies quite a lot especially from USA, expensive if purchased via webroot on line reminders, also the price varies in the UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Slows your PC, 31 Dec 2010
Bought this after using Kaspersky last year without any problems. After installing Webroot my computer was considerably slower. My browser is slow and freezes. This is the worst security software I've ever used.

Webroot Internet Security Complete 2011, 3 user (PC)
Webroot Internet Security Complete 2011, 3 user (PC) by Webroot (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: 39.99