on 16 February 2014
A good edge and a handy weight too the tool. The only thing I can say is a bad point is the smooth plastic handle. This gives very little in the way of a good, secure grip. however, this is cured by rubbing the yellow part of the handle (see picture) for a couple of minutes with some rough emery/sand paper.

This removes the smooth shine too the handle, giving a good, slight roughness on the yellow part of the handle, This is essential I have found so as to feel confident that the handle will never turn in my hand when using the axe. It would of course have been better if the axe CAME with a slightly rough handle to begin with, but this is not the case when new. I highly recommend that anyone who buys this axe does the same thing too their axe before use.

Other than this small, but necessary modification, I can firmly recommend this axe for light too medium chopping duties.
on 10 April 2013
I got a bigger Fiskars to split logs and that's great. This smaller one, I've use to get the logs to kindling size and it's a great axe.
I have 2 others hand axes but this one is now the only one I've used.
It is weighted correctly and goes through wood with little effort. In fact, sometime a tap is good enough.
I have used this now for 6 months (every weekends) and it is still sharp. I'm really pleased with it.
on 30 January 2014
comes with a razors edge which the Xsharpe keeps (sold seperetly) weel balenced and pretty light wieght the grip works well and makes short work of the task you put it to . im using it to remove ivy from tree on a large estate and its quadrupled my work rate .
on 3 April 2014
I have 3 Fiskars axes, a tiny toy-sized X7 for camping, this X7 and an X17 for proper log splitting.

This X7 is an excellent general purpose axe. It feels very light weight, but all the weight is concentrated in the head, where you need it. I have worked all my Fiskars axes very hard and they take the punishment brilliantly.

They are all easy to keep sharp with the cheap Fiskars Xsharpe axe and knife sharpener.

Ergonomically they are excellent. After using them all day, splitting and chopping, without gloves - I have no blisters, which I used to get with axes with wooden or rubber coated handles.

I cannot recommend them enough!
on 12 March 2014
I have a selection of fiskars axes, All of them well made and all take and hold a great edge. A far superior axe against most of the competition. Highly recommended
on 22 December 2013
This axe is impressive. The handle is made of a thick plastic but is very sturdy and light, the head though is weighted well to do the tasks required of it, this is great addition to and survivalists pack
on 12 December 2013
Bought an X27 splitting axe a little while ago as my old Splitting Maul wasn't up to the job - particulalry bigger logs. . The Fiskars is the most amazing axe I've ever had & deals with just about any diameter logs ( knots as always are troublesome though) and on this experience I then bought an X10 general purpose chopping axe which is also fantastic. However this was just a bit big for doing the kindling so I bought the Fiskars X7 axe which is equally good and perfect for the job in hand.

They are all beautifully balanced and the "hook" shape at the end of the handle really does work & prevents the axe from slipping out of your grip.The handles are also very strong and durable. The curtting edges on all the axes are razor sharp and I keep them that way by using the Fiskars sharpened which works a treat. That makes easy work of the perpetual log handling that goes with keeping 3 log stoves fed!

Just looking for an excuse to buy the little X5 Camping axe now :-)

Must be the best Axes in the world at this price.
on 22 August 2014
brilliant little axe, comes very sharp and stays sharp for a descent length of time, it sharpens easily if it does go blunt, it's very light and well balanced, it says it's meant for camping and such like but I reckon it would handle most jobs, at first you may feel the axe handle may not be such a good grip but in fact it offers quite a good grip because of the slightly rubberized handle, I would highly recommend this axe, if you Google Fiskars x7 axe you will find lots of reviews about it on u-tube.
on 6 November 2013
Have used only a couple of times but axe extremely sharp and quality is excellent. Have dropped a star as it could be a little heavier to give slightly easier cutting action.
on 23 January 2014
It's in a league of its own...... Truly outstanding. Don't waste your time searching the internet. In simple terms buy a FISKARS! You won't regret it