5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING VALUE FOR MONEY
Published 18 months ago by Fhughes

3.0 out of 5 stars Honest review after use
Published 9 months ago by Arthur

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING VALUE FOR MONEY, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Jazooli Powerful 1mW Green Beam LED Laser Lazer Pointer Pen (Electronics)
Wow. I have to admit for the price I bought this for I wasn't expecting much. The batteries it came with were rubbish, but when I put in my own AAA batteries I was surprised. This laser pen is extremely bright and can go amazing distances especially at night. Other people said they had problems with the batteries running out quickly but I haven't had this problem yet. Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 4 Jan. 2011
Works well. Green spot can be seen on buildings in daylight. The beam can be dimly seen in the air in daylight if looking straight down the beam (away from the source of course!). Beam quite visible at night. Nice gadget. Ignore the battery fitting instructions and just fit them the obvious way around (I may have had a dim moment, but the instructions seemed to indicate that they should be fitted the wrong way around).

5.0 out of 5 stars wow., 8 Jan. 2013
its a great purchase. Very clear during the day! Great fun with my kitten. I would recommend this over other cheaper ones!

5.0 out of 5 stars My god this baby is good, took some time to arrive but hay it ..., 13 Dec. 2014
My god this baby is good, took some time to arrive but hay it came direct from China, I know because saw the beam being tested! Very bright and beam easly visible in low light situations, have mine pointed at moon now, take a look!

3.0 out of 5 stars Honest review after use, 8 Aug. 2014
I bought one of these lasers and was impressed at how powerful the beam was for the money. However after a month the beam had become gradually weaker to the point where it doesn't work, which was expected due to the price. Overall the laser is good if you only want it to mess around with for a bit until the novelties gone. If you are wanting a laser that will last, you will have to spend a bit more money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great laser. Needs a touch of DYI., 14 Dec. 2013
The output of this laser is very bright. The pen feels solid, though I would not purposefully subject it to hard bumps due to the sensitive(?) laser parts inside.
I expect it will last a long time, as long as it is fed enough batteries. The black part of the pen has a kind of soft rubber coating. Same as on some phones and tablets. It makes it extra grippy and less likely to slip from a fumbling hand.

The minor quibble I have, is that the batteries don't always make enough contact with the leads inside. If you tilt the laser at a certain angle, the light might cut out. I fixed it easily by taking a bit of foil paper, rolling it into a small ball and dropping it into the top part. Then I jammed the two batteries in place and attached the bottom (laser) part. Now everything is nice and snug. No more feeling anxious it won't work if I dare hold it incorrectly.

Some people mention the battery housing coming off. I don't see how that is possible, unless it is either banged around severely or over tightened to the point of stripping the thread.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good pointer, variable quality but still ticks the boxes, 18 Dec. 2013
I bought this initially for an astronomy demonstration for the local Scout Cubs group to point at stars (safety hint - "Circle the object, don't point" to avoid accidentally buzzing an aircraft). The first one didn't work and the seller replaced it IMMEDIATELY without any fuss.
At first, I didn't get the visible beam of light that I was expecting or that appears in the simulated image on the product description, just a dot. But after a while of playing with it, the laser seemed to 'burn in' and eventually produces a DEATH STAR beam of light that totally wowed the Cubs and helped to make the night even more fun. On a slightly misty night the beam is ingredibly impressive.
DO be careful with this, it's clearly not a toy. I also found that rechargable batteries don't work as well as the voltage is slightly lower than one-use batteries. Pop in a couple of the copper coloured top ones shown in the illustration (it comes complete with the usual cheap chinese batteries) and you'll be in business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Powerful, 11 April 2013
I have had the laser for a few hours now and it is a very powerful laser pen. I tried it during the day time and you could see the pointer on the buildings a few 100 yards away, I haven't tried it at an long distances such as a mile but I would be confident it could reach that distance. At night time I have aimed it at rooftops at an even further distance than what I tried during the day and the beam is a clear as day. I am still using the batteries provided and it does not seem to have lost any power after a couple of hours play on and off. Pointed it towards the sky and it looks absolutely fine, not sure if I could see an end point because I didn't want to distract any pilots etc, was more for curiosity.

The only problem that I have with the laser is that the button seems a little loose and might break after a few weeks but that remains to be seen. Excellent product and will definitely recommend it to friends.

Edit: This pen comfortably exceeds the 1 miles marker.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 13 July 2013
Good laser pen, travels far at night, but.the.button.has.already started.to come a little loose a day later. But overall great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, 28 Feb. 2013
L. J. Grant (Bath UK) - See all my reviews
A very powerful green laser. I tested the output and it is 80 mW, so much higher than advertised. Be careful what you shine it at!