Price:£29.95+ Free shipping

on 16 June 2013
I found that this silt remover does a great job being since its not electric (so there aint much to go wrong with it) we have really struggled to find a pond vacuum that does the job and when money is no object you can buy the best-we still ended up taking them back for a full refund, so we opted for this cheap as chips version - does a much better job than any electric vac we have used on our pond - people who have gave this item bad feedback are obviously using it incorrect - once you submerse it into the water over the silted area you only have to pull the pump lever upwards very slowly, while moving it around the bottom of the pond until the pump arm is fully extended - then take it out the water and release the silt and water out onto the side or in a bucket
on 11 April 2012
I've had one of these for about 2 years and it's been fine. It has just packed in (a non-return valve broke) so I'm getting another. It sucks up silt as well as pebbles up to about 1.5 cm.

The little net for filtering the silt is rather small - I tend to take the net off and just collect the water in a big container. I let the silt settle out and then pour it back in.
on 16 September 2013
I gave 4 stars because it does the job! It is a bit cumbersome as it's like holding quite a long length of downspout (drainpipe)! My hubby did the job and made sure he had a bucket under the outlet spout as the bag is totally useless. There are no instructions which I think is a shame! He carefully placed the pipe in the bottom of the pond, pulled up the suction lever,slowly pushed it back in then slowly pulled it out again .......at this point the flow began. The odd stone did seem to get stuck at the end of the pipe but I waggled my finger around the "flap" at the bottom end of the pipe and the stones came out. Our pond is quite large so we will set about cleaning it over two or three separate sessions so as not to disturb the fish too much with the inevitable clouding of the water! It is cumbersome as I said, but well worth the effort for a good job done. At the small price I thought it was worth the risk and it was a good decision. I wasn't prepared to pay a lot for another item which may or may not have worked!!! After the initial cleaning (our first in about 15 years!!!) we won't expect to have to use it more than once every couple of years....so I think it's money well spent. I was thrilled to see just how much sludge there was in the clear plastic bucket once it had settled! If the fish could speak they would thank us!!! Would I recommend it? Certainly.
on 20 July 2012
i thought i would give it a try but ended up very pleased with the amount of sludge removed,its a sturdy well made product, being a tall pump it made the job easy.this pump will last for years.
on 19 October 2012
Visually- robust,well made and user friendly,
Practicality- very effective, pond friendly
Potential for additional uses. 10/10, I use mine for removing water at water change time
Value for money 10/10, Welldone Bermuda and Amazon.
on 31 October 2012
Needed this as my small pond had accumulated a large amount of sludge over the summer and it was very difficult to remove. This product is large and cumbersome, but did the job. I had to remove the net bag as its mesh is far too large to filter fine silt. Instead I simply made sure the exit water goes into a bucket. This product worked well at removing the water and silt from the pond, but the mesh bag is useless and if your not careful the exit water goes all over you. So if you want an easier method to extract the water and sludge from your pond this works, you can then re fill your pond with new water - just make sure you put your fish somewhere safe before you start this - as stated before it is very cumbersome and if you're not careful you could damage your fish.
on 17 December 2012
Very effective and much cheaper than the electrical version Cleaned out pond quickly restoring clsrity of water We can actually see the fish agsin !
on 25 April 2015
Arrived fast. Okay, it is a bit Heath Robinson but it works well. Clearly it will fail if not treated with certain respect. There are flimsy parts which are bound to be vulnerable to heavy handed usage. Also, if you suck up lots of silt with each action, the bag quickly clogs. I found it easy to slip the bag off and rinse it in a bucket of clean water after 4-5 heavy extractions. In summary, it is what it is, a simple mechanical extraction device which is good value for money and will work well if used with consideration.
on 5 October 2013
Before purchasing this product I read all the reviews, and I am glad I did as I wouldn't have had a clue how to use it. (Sorry, dum female!).

I was a little surprised at how it arrived....delivered by my normal letter Postman and just in a clear polythene bag, no outer packaging whatsoever. So if it had been a present for someone they would have seen what it was straight away. Also no instructions on how to use.

From what I read on here I used it as others said, and it was fine apart from the fact in now rattles with stones! Which I dont know how to remove. I unscrewed the big screw, which just released a longer pipe, which incidentally won't screw back together again. I also used it without the bag, I just directed the water into a bucket. Its easy to get carried away with pumping and not watching the outlet pipe...I got drenched a couple of times!

It appears to have done the job fine, removing loads of black gunge. I would recommend it over buying an expensive electric one. I just now need to work out how to convert my green water to crystal clear...hmmm??
on 19 July 2015
A few mixed reviews but I was buying this with a gift voucher so I figured if it wasn't any good, I wasn't wasting my own cash. Well, I didn't waste my voucher either. This was superb. I only have a smallish pond - I would imagine this would be good on a small to medium pond.

I like the fact it isn't electric as that means not much can go wrong. All you do is pump the handle which sucks the water up and out the back, through the filter bag. It catches gravel and sludge and the soil from the bottom really effectively. After just a few pumps my bag was full - I didn't realise there was that much at the bottom of my pond! The one thing I would say is it makes your pond quite cloudy as when the water comes out the back and back into the pond it disturbs it. One way round this (which I will probably do next time) is to catch the water in a bucket - you could then let it settle and pour it back in gently. I can't rate this product highly enough - finally an easy way to clear out my pond!!!!!