5.0 out of 5 stars A few thoughts on these gloves.
Published 7 months ago by K

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 faults
Published 21 months ago by M. R. Young

5.0 out of 5 stars A few thoughts on these gloves., 30 Jan 2014
I do have a pair of these "All Season" gloves (but didn't buy them from Amazon). There are lots of different Sealskinz gloves and I refer specifically to the "All Season" as they are not all the same. I was recommended these by another user and also by an assistant in a outdoor shop who advised buying this particular version over other versions as he has seen issues with some of the others. I use them weekly in wet conditions - including using a hose pipe with my finger over the end to create a spray (can't use a nozzle as the pressure is too high and they pop off the pipe)......and they don't leak. They are warm enough for most situations including moderate winter use but they aren't designed specifically for ski wear or arctic exploration.

Yes there are two layers but, in practice, they don't separate when removing them. I wash them after use as they get mucky and occasionally treat them with a leather treatment on the palm or a Nikwax waterproofer for the remainder. I've cut the velcro attachments off with a Stanley blade as I found I didn't need a closure and it became a nuisance.

These are my first Sealskinz purchase and I recommend them and have bought a spare pair whilst they were on offer. The manufacturer sell them direct, post free and offer a warranty so can't see why you would complain about them unless they were faulty in which case you would return them.

Recommended.

UPDATE March 2014.
Remarkably waterproof and warm. Washed the windows with them and immersed them fully in water to rinse the cloths out....dry as a bone.

Still recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 faults, 24 Dec 2012
M. R. Young (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought these as they were recommended by a friend, they have one major flaw that is the outside of the glove is seperate to the inside. It feels like you are wearing 2 pairs of gloves, so when you try to hold or lift something the inside slides around seperate to the outside. Secondly they are not quite warm enough and we havent had snow let. It is a shame as the rest of the glove is well made.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good glove, 29 Mar 2011
Nicely fitting waterproof gloves. My only complaint is they aren't as warm as I was expecting them to be; they are fine down to -2ish if you are active but beyond that you start to feel the cold.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 30 Dec 2011
I bought two pairs of these gloves for winter mountain walking in inclement conditions. Yesterday one pair was put to the test for the first time at Hell's Mouth in North Wales when a squall blew in off the Irish Sea. Half an hour of rain and the thumb and forefinger and joining palm area on both hands of these brand new gloves were soaking wet. The weather wasn't particularly cold so it wasn't a problem but in colder weather it certainly would be. They are advertised as, and claim to be waterproof and are not, so I can only give them the lowest rating. Very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot On, 2 April 2014
Xtro Jon (Derbyshire England) - See all my reviews
I wanted a glove that would keep my hands dry, protected from windchill, and be reasonably warm during active days out in hill, moor and mountain. Comfort and dexterity also rated high on my requirements too. These Sealskinz have met all four requirements and are a pleasure to wear.
The gloves are waterproof when worn under the cuff of a fully waterproof jacket. Any waterproof glove is vulnerable to water ingress at the wrist area. Waterproof jackets can often allow water through the cuffs and lower sleeves during heavy sustained rain unless they are reproofed regularly. This water will travel down your arm and into the glove you are wearing giving the impression that the glove has failed when actually it is the jacket that is at fault.
I would suggest to anyone who has found these gloves let in water to check the integrity of their jackets waterproofing just to be sure. If your coat is in good order and you make sure the glove ALWAYS remains under a sealed (not loose) cuff then water will not get inside these gloves to your hand. If after checking the above you are still suffering water ingress in these gloves then you must get them replaced they can only be faulty, because they do work.
A word on the warmth of the gloves, you will note my requirement was 'reasonably warm'. An all season waterproof glove needs to be comfortable during wet weather all year round. To achieve this there will always be a compromise and the user must decide if that compromise suits their needs. The thermal rating on the gloves packaging says three out of five which puts them bang in the middle of the scale. That is exactly where I would expect a glove claiming to be 'All Season'. It lets me know that for the most part I can wear these gloves all year round, from summer storms to winter deluge and my hands will remain dry and comfortable. If you are wanting a full winter glove then that is what you must buy. 'All season' means usable in all seasons, not just one. I always carry winter rated gloves in my pack during the winter months in case of extreme cold but to be fair during active use even in cold, wet and windy conditions I have found these Sealskinz to be as my review title says, spot on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof gloves, 19 Mar 2014
Bought these for dog walking in the rain and they saw a lot of use given the amount of rain winter 2013/14. All season waterproof glove but not that warm if below zero so used thin liners to augment. Switched to my ski gloves when got into the minuses. Quite warm in ten plus so recommend more as a autumn spring glove. Definitely water proof!
We'll made and no signs of wear as yet (three moths daily use). Size was quite accurate but cuffs seem small for a large that is roomy on the hands.
All in all very happy and looks like they see me through a good few seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars waterproof gloves, 9 July 2014
Great waterproof glove for cold and wet climate
Fast delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 8 Jun 2014
Durable. Waterproof. Comfortable. Well fitted. What more can I say? Exactly what I was expecting and more. I recommend this to any walkers, bike riders, runners and kayakers. Haven't let me down yet and I have had them for a few months and have really put them to the test.

4.0 out of 5 stars prompt delivery, 8 Jan 2014
Bought for my husband as his last pair eventually wore out. Good quality gloves which really are waterproof and good value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Sealskinz all gloves, 28 April 2013
These gloves were so good on the first purchase that when I lost one I had to buy another pair - I have the windproof version from Sealskinz but these are truly warmer and better as all weather all purpose glove = - get them for whatever outdoor activities you have in mind - they will keep you warm and snug whilst you are "doin' your thing!" A really good buy!!