5.0 out of 5 stars Really Quite Good
I've used a number of different brands of protein bar and these are the only ones so far that haven't made me regret it after the first bite. They do have that chewy, slightly granular texture, but I don't suppose you'll ever get away from that with what is essentially a compressed block of whey protein.

The bars are quite small but contain the ideal amount of...
Published on 18 Nov. 2011 by Boing

3.0 out of 5 stars very chewy
came quick. good packaging, very chew, tasted okay, there not as filling as described in other reviews. i ate 2 to make me feel full.
thought they'd be bigger.
Published 12 months ago by jel

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Quite Good, 18 Nov. 2011
Boing (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

The bars are quite small but contain the ideal amount of protein to replace one of your daily portions in an emergency. Because of the cost, I keep them for those occasions when it's not practical for me to prepare, buy, or eat what I'd like to. Usually that means when I'm at work and can't get away from what I'm dealing with. It's nice to see that they also contain CLA, L-Carnitine, flaxseed and green tea - most other manufacturers whose bars I have tried don't put that extra bit of effort in.

Each bar contains:
181kcals energy
25g protein
14g carbohydrate (1g sugars)
4.7g fat (2.6g saturated)
0.6g fibre
0.08g sodium
1g CLA
250mg L-Carnitine
500mg Flax powder

The bars come in one of those display boxes with a folding top. Mine was a bit squashed on arrival since it was shipped in a plastic despatch bag, however the bars themselves were not damaged. They have a nice long 9-month expiration date on them (Aug 2012).

I'll buy these again, although next time I will probably go for one of the more fun flavours, maybe Strawberry Cheesecake. "Chocolate cookie" sounded good but in reality it is more like "Chocolate without the deliciousness"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good taste and not at all chewy., 24 Aug. 2014
This review is from: PhD Diet Whey Bar Strawberry Cheesecake 50 g (Pack of 12) (Personal Care)
Taste a lot better than the other protein bars I've tried and not too chewy. Worked well as a meal replacement although you'll still need some discipline if you're trying to lose weight as they won't really keep you feeling full. I'll be buying these again as my I was pretty pleased with the results.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great taste, 2 Nov. 2011
Ordered these and they arrived pretty quick. The taste is rather nice unlike many other bars ive had before. Would order again .

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 14 Mar. 2013
I reaplced two meals a day with one bar and one of these shakes and I lost over a stone in 4 weeks - hgihly recommend it cut the carbs up the protien feel and look great and NEVER put up with starvation...

5.0 out of 5 stars chocolate fix!, 24 April 2013
I've had this produce a number of times. It's great for a chocolate fix if you're dieting as well as a tastie snack. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good low carbohydrate snack, 4 May 2015
Bought these in two flavours, orange chocolate and strawberry cheesecake.

I've tried the double chocolate bars by phd before, and I've quite enjoyed them. They were 75g bars however, and I found then a bit too big. 75g might not sound very much, but they are 50% protein which makes them very filling. I usually had about half a bar and then put the rest away for another day.

These are also 50% protein, but being 50g they are easier to finish in one sitting. There is that distinctive 'protein bar' flavour, but I don't think any bar with 50% protein can avoid that. I honestly don't mind if, but I know some people don't like it.

The texture of these bars is a kind of chewy fudge. I can agree with the orange chocolate name, but I think strawberry cheesecake is a bit optimistic. I like the flavour of both, but can't quite believe it is strawberry cheesecake.

If you are looking for a low carbohydrate alternative to a bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps, you might like to try these. They are easy to carry a couple in a handbag or pocket, and although you wouldn't mistake them for a standard snack bar, they are surprisingly good.

4.0 out of 5 stars PHD Diet Whey Bars, 20 July 2013
I currently use PHD diet whey protein shakes, and after finishing my last box of Quest bars I wanted to see if there were any cheaper alternatives for protein bars out there. This bar had some great reviews so I decided to check it out and explore more of the PHD range.

To be honest I didn't really think any protein bar could top the taste of the Quest chocolate chip cookie dough bar, and in all fairness this doesn't quite live up to it. All in all, it's a pretty nice tasting bar however I couldn't really find the likeness to chocolate cookie - mine tasted more like coconut (but I'm not sure if it was just my batch!) Plus points for me are that there is more protein packed into a smaller bar and better value for money

I popped it in the microwave for 15 seconds and spooned some wholenut peanut butter on top, which overall made it taste heaps better! And with that in mind, and some pretty funky packaging going on, I am sure the box will get used up in no time

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes fine, quite filling, 15 Nov. 2012
Ok let's face it if you're looking at this product you're probably not looking at it because you think it might taste better than a Mars or a Snickers. These things aren't made for your sweet tooth, it's a bar of chocolate that has more protein than anything else, packs just under 200 calories, and is a healthier or more convenient alternative to the other stuff available.

Having said that, these things taste fine to me, but again I wouldn't be picky because I'm not going for taste. They are filling enough to keep you going for a few hours, if you're a working man this could be a good alternative to a piece of cake or a handful of biscuits with your morning break. They really are surprisingly filling, so if you are calorie counting (and I have been) these will probably bring your daily total down to the deficit you're probably going for. The price...is pretty average. Packaging was secure and the item arrived in fair time. Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars chocolate cookie flavoured protein bars, 31 Jan. 2012
I am not a body builder at all but I go running or do light resistance work 6 mornings a week. I was finding that I was uncontrollably ravenous all day after an early morning workout and would get really fatigued by mid afternoon. I find these bars really excellent for controlling my hunger and my energy levels (obviously with healthy meals and snacks throughout the day) are maintained into the evening. They are not as calorific as a lot of protein bars - I think they are 177calories per bar and they don't have loads of sugar in them so they don't spark off a sugar craving. Personally, I think they are really tasty and they have a kind of fudgey consisteny, which makes you feel like you are having a naughty treat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase, 3 Jan. 2013
These bars contain a decent amount of protein (25g per 50g bar), taste pretty good and I've found they do keep me full for a fair while. They're obviously not supposed to be meal replacements, but incorporated into a clean eating/exercise regime to build muscle and reduce fat, so I wouldn't expect them to be keeping me full for hours on end anyway. The only slight issue I have is the price; with only 12 bars in a box these aren't cheap, but then again you get what you pay for (and in fairness I doubt they're overpriced in comparison to other similar products). They arrived very promptly.

Overall a good purchase and one which I will more than likely be making again.