on 20 December 2012
I discovered Strega some years ago. since then its been my favorite liquer. Strega means 'witch' and that is so appropriate given its delightful herby flavour. Very complex, possible hint of mint:superb! The downside is it almost impossible to find. I have searched wine merchants, supermarkets, off licences in the UK and in Spain but no one stocks it. I tried emailing the trade department at the Italian Emabsssy, but they could only point me towards a merchant in the Kings Road Chelsea: not too helpful when you live in Blackpool!

In the end I found it on Amazon.

Wonderful ............. If you havent tried it please do .. it truly lovely
on 17 January 2014
An unusual Christmas present/stocking filler for my dad bought right at the cut off point before Christmas. The delivery was fantastic, came really quick in the post and my dad was amazed to see a product he hasn't been able to buy in the shops for years. same great taste though- can't say the same for the hangover.
on 11 April 2014
This has a lovely taste and good value for meney too. Very difficult to get hold of anywhere but online, pity it isnt more widely available as it is every bit as good as the many other liquers out there.
on 9 September 2013
Black Sambucas such as Passione Nera or Opal Nera have been a favorite after dinner drink of mine for some time but Sambuca Alberti by Stregga is a worthy addition to any Sambuca lover's repertoire. Its smooth flavor and hint of coffee makes it a very enjoyable treat after a meal or as simply a nightcap.

Its strong aroma will please the senses as you lift your glass and the full bodied flavor will please even the most discerning.
on 20 March 2014
wonderful fiery flavours and smooth taste!
have loved this particular liquor for a long time as it always featured in
any family get- togethers in my younger days, it being a traditional Italian tipple
on 26 January 2013
It is a lovely drink and beautifully packaged. Reminds my husband of his home in Italy. Good forr anybody looking for an authentic italian beverage.
on 2 February 2015
What can I say? Delicious and gets you leg less! Wish I could get it from my local boozer. Comes well packed in bubble wrap and usually needs to be signed for.
on 3 October 2014
Expensive but once you have added it to some ice and had a glass, the pain subsides.
on 8 June 2013
I used it for my Tiramisu which is supposed to be Marsala Wine or Coffee Liquor. However, when I used it with Sambuca, O God, very rich in mint flavor. I couldn't describe the taste as it was ended into Italian Meringue that is a bit sweet. Am going to try as I have 2 bottles. (the smell before ending in really bad. It just like those medicine found in pharmacy.)
on 20 November 2014