on 12 January 2011
Treated myself the Move for the PS3, bought this gun attachement for the move controller to use with shooting games, for now...Time Crisis.

Without this attachment you can still play any game, but it does not seem complete and does not feel right.

The build quality seems good, hard plastic and sturdy....a quality Sony product.

Easily installed, slide the two holding mechanism on the side pull off the top part, insert the move controller and feed the wristband through the pop-out button at the back of the attachment and fit the top back - and done!

Played Time Crisis and the Pirate game that came with Time Crisis. The attachment adds to the feel and hence fun of gameplay. One or two minor gripes - could have done with some sort of an aiming sight down the attachment. Reloading is a bit awkward and slow - as you have to press the Move button which is on top, but I found a work around to this but turn the gun on it's side...gansta stylie.
on 8 October 2010
I've just got my Move Gun Attachment (actually, two of them), which I've anxiously waited. The product itself is solid, nice and fits perfectly in hand - a true Sony quality product (but hey, I went for the best, didn't I?). The Move Controller is easy to attach/detach and fits perfectly. The resulting gun is well balanced, not too heavy and not too light, feels just like a real gun. The upper part is transparrent, so you can see the controller's red light through it, and all controller's buttons are easily accessible. You can even keep the wrist strap attached to the controller, and you may charge the controller via USB cable while mounted in the gun. The trigger can be pulled with ease, and using the gun requires a minimum effort (less than using just the Move Controller alone).
However, in terms of playability the gain was less than I anticipated. The only game I had to test the gun was the demo for The Shoot, which I've got in the Move Starter Pack disc. I expected to be able to actually use the gun as a real gun - including aiming. But that was not the case, since trying to do that resulted in erratic moves of the aiming cursor on the screen. The result was really disastrous when I had my arm fully extended and tried to aim by moving the whole arm rotating from the shoulder, as in real life. I achieved a correct response only when I aimed the gun by rotating my hand from the wrist, similar to the moves the controller makes when kept directly in hand (as if a shot cowboy-style, from the hips level). Doing that with my arm extended for a longer time would be uncomfortable, so I had to keep the arm semi-folded. I guess the aiming-related inconvenient is a matter of calibration and might be limited to he Shoot (or maybe just to the demo of it), but again, that's the only game I tried the Gun with.
As an overall conclusion: the product is of really good quality and makes a nice addition to the PS3 Move Controller, but using it brings less fun than one would anticipate. Hence, I'm not still convinced it's worth the money.
44 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 May 2015
The Playstation Move Gun Attachment is an excellent add-on for shooting games, particularly on-rails shooters. It's light weight but sturdy and fits comfortably in the hand. I find it much more satisfying to use than just the Move controller and a little easier to aim with.

Unlike other attachments for the move controller, this one is just a shell which physically interacts with some of the existing buttons on the Move controller rather than connecting via the USB port. As such, most games will require a navigation or Dualshock 3 controller to be used in tandem with the Move controller, since the buttons will not be within easy reach of fingers. Note that many games offer a specific controller setting in their options menu for users of this attachment, or something similar.

The attachment is a bit goofy looking, though considering the big brightly coloured bulb on the end of the Move controller, goofiness is pretty unavoidable.

For me, the attachment was well worth the price I paid (£6.45) as it has improved my gaming experience. It's better suited to rail shooters than more interactive games, since the square and triangle buttons on the Move controller are awkward to reach when using it, so I would only recommend it to those interested in those kinds of games.
on 15 October 2010
Well built, seems solid and works just fine.

Please note Resident Evil 5 does not support shooting with the trigger - you'll need other games to fully use it.
on 30 November 2010
I'm completly happy with this gun for move. Time Crisis now is one of the great games for PS3. Highly recommended
on 16 February 2016
excellent. does what its supposed to do.
only thing i dont like it that the trigger "lags" slightly, because it consists of moving parts (and not electronic). this can make things harder in situations where speedy triggers are needed
on 24 March 2016
Amazed at the price of these and does the job very well. If you have a silicone jacket on your Play controller, then you'll need to remove it first as otherwise the controller does not fit into the gun.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 January 2012
I initially bought the Venom version of the Move Gun to use with "The Shoot". It was ok, but the trigger was juddery, it was fiddly to get the controller inside and the round moulding above the trigger sometimes got in the way of your fingers (I've got normal-sized man hands). Eventually I found not using a gun at all was more comfortable.

Giving the Venom away, I bought the Sony gun to see if it was any better.

Well believe me, the difference was instantly obvious. Every aspect was much, much better. If feels smooth and comfortable, the trigger is silky smooth, and fitting the controller is a lot easier.

Playing "The Shoot" is now almost a different game. I wish I'd bought this instead of the Venom.

You can't mark this down for comments on the accuracy or number of Move games available. It does what it says, and does it well. I find the whole Move system for the PS3 very accurate and reliable, and I can't believe I've got a 'dud' working one!
on 26 March 2015
Simple design, a little goofy looking, but the weight balance is perfect. Unlike 3rd party guns, it doesn't feel top-heavy with the move controller inserted. It feels nice to hold, and the trigger feels reliable.

The sights aren't very prominent so aiming can take some getting used to.
on 31 March 2016
Great item as you would expect since it's the official Sony gun. Nice design and very sturdy. The only slight qualm I have is the fit is very tight which means if you have a silicone skin on your motion controller then you can't really fit it into the gun attachment. You would have to take the silicone sleeve off first which is a bit annoying.