Colour Name: White|Change

on 10 July 2014
This is a great speaker. It has two sets of connections so you can play stereo music (left and right) from one speaker. This was good in my small bathroom where I didn't have room to put up two separate speakers. The connections on the back are nice and sturdy and hold the wires in well The clamps that holds it to the ceiling are really good too, they have a good design where they are held in place while you fit it into the ceiling hole and they spin round to clamp the speaker up as you tighten the screws from below. It really is easy to fit. Once you've fitted it, the grill just pushes over the top. As you can see from the picture, you can see through the grill a bit but the inside is nice looking and the two small speakers you can see in the middle look quite good when it's up on the ceiling. As for the sound quality, this speaker sounds great. Mine is installed in a suspended ceiling and the space behind really gives me a nice amount of base. I played around with the equalisation a bit and now have a nice balance of base vs the mid and high range sounds. I think this speaker could make a lot of noise but I don't need that in my small space. All in all I think it's a good buy for the price and it looks well made and built to last. The item is also well packaged for delivery so it's well protected and should arrive in good condition.
on 13 May 2016
These speakers are a little hidden gem (quite literally if you install it into your ceiling). For the price, they produce a very clear and vibrant sound. There is really good tonal reproduction (although don't expect too much bass). Just bear in mind that there are two separate drivers in each of these units, each with their own terminals, so you may need to keep this in mind whilst working out your impedance and the best way to wire them up.

Installation is really easy. After cutting your hole, you just need a screwdriver to move the feet round and into position (the four holes in each corner). You don't need to have access from the top. The grill was a bit of a pain to get back on, so we ended up cutting the edge of it which did the trick.

For the price these are unbeatable. Really happy with the result. They sound good and look the part.
on 2 September 2014
After all the positive reviews I was expecting these to sound a bit better than they do. They lack fidelity (poor high frequency response). Even with the tone controls of my Sonos turned up to boost the treble they are barely acceptable. I also have some Polk Audio and Kef ceiling speakers which admittedly cost more but despite the double tweeter arrangement of these they sound quite muffled.

They are stereo speakers (ostensibly one voice coil and one tweeter for each channel) but I am using them as mono speakers by splitting the line level into two cheap stereo amps and using both channels of each stereo amp into each speaker. Since the high frequencies were so muted what I ended up doing was cutting one of the voice coil wires so that, for each speaker, I am driving both tweeters but only one voicecoil. Once the gain is increased to give the same overall volume, this boosts the tweeters relative to the woofers and has improved the sound somewhat, but I wouldn't buy them again.

If you stand directly underneath them they sound okay-ish. If I'd only bought one of them I would have considered the possiblity that it was faulty, but the pair I bought are equally poor. They'd be fine if you only listen to radio4!
on 28 April 2016
I wasn't expecting much for the price, but these are just crap. Honestly, my iPhone puts out a similar sort of sound quality. They look ok and feel fine, in terms of build quality, but the sound that comes out of them is just completely useless for almost every situation. The only place that I think this sort of tinny, unpleasant, thin sound quality would be appropriate is maybe in an elevator.

They distort at low volumes and even with a heavily adjusted eq, still sound terrible. Don't waste your time.
on 15 August 2013
These speakers are excellent value for money. They will need both voice coils connecting together to be used as mono surround speakers. great sound, and look the business.
on 28 July 2015
Excellent sound quality, well built, easy to install and it is capable of producing some bass! It is loud enough to hear around most of my house when turned up and doesn't distort sound as it gets louder. Of course it plays music in stereo which is a massive bonus for applications where only one speaker is neccesary in a room, mine is installed for listening to music in the kitchen.Overall a really nice bit of kit.
on 25 March 2015
In the picture the grill look very see through which is not the look I wanted but when they arrive the looked great, you have to be right underneath to see the speaker inside even then its not as obvious as the picture shows.

Very easy install, use the provided template to cut out the hole, connect your wire and tighten the four screws, Job done
on 17 October 2012
I bought two of these speakers to turn my stereo into a surround system. I didn't have room for floor speakers so opted for these & I must say i am not dissapointed.The sound quality is great just as good as my 100w pioneer speakers at £100.They were delivered in two days & packaged really well.For less than thirty quid a pair you can't go wrong !!
on 7 May 2016
for the price, these are unbeatable, the sound quality is very good, the bass isnt massive, but for domestic music listening they are ample. i would not recommend for home theater or commercial (large areas) but like i say, great for home, although my neighbor may not agree.
on 13 May 2013
Nothing more to say than amazing! The sound quality is fantastic! I brought a pair and am so pleased. No need to spend a fortune these are that good and I'm only using a normal every day sound system. :-)