4.0 out of 5 stars Great case - room for improvements
I bought an I-Nique case for my iPod classic way back when and have been really pleased with it, so when I upgraded my mobile to an iPhone 4 I wanted to get one of their cases for it (Tuff-Luv being part of the I-Nique company).
Published on 11 Aug 2010 by CeeDee

2.0 out of 5 stars Tuf luv iPhone 4s case
Very dussappinted with case within a week the lining on the top of the case had spilt where the top folds or bends over when using the phone.
Published on 4 Jan 2012 by Ms. Ruth L. Beaman

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case - room for improvements, 11 Aug 2010
Firstly the positives: this is a great case - the leather is soft and well padded and the case doesn't increase the size of the iPhone if you want to stick it in your pocket.
The case grips the iPhone securely so there's no danger of it flying out without warning. The volume buttons and headphone jack are easily accessible although the on/off switch is partially obscured when the cover is folded over closed but can still be depressed if needs be.
Now the negatives: When the case cover is folded open it obscures the camera. This is quite obvious really but there isn't really any way around it you want the front protected (to take a photo you have to shift the cover to the side - it's not the most comfortable way of holding it to take a picture but there isn't much choice!).
Probably my main issue with the case is the popper closing mechanism. The "ball" bit of the popper is on the back of the case which means it wobbles when using the phone on a flat surface. It would be better if this bit was on the strap instead, or if they had used either a Velcro connection or a magnetic one (as on my other I-Nique iPod case, although I don't know if the magnet may have interfered with the phone). It also means that with the cover folded open the "ball" presses into the soft cover giving it a little dimple; it does fade after a while but I suspect with prolonged use this would become a permanent mark.
It is for this reason alone the case gets 4 and not 5 stars. In all other respects this is a top quality case, as you would expect for the price. The build quality is top-notch and feels solid and well put together.
I would say, despite my gripes, that this case should be a regarded as a definite purchase if you are looking for a classic, well manufactured, small but sturdy case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, rugged & attractive, 27 Jan 2011
This review is from: Tuff-Luv Western Leather Collection V2 Antenna Assist Hide Case Cover for iPhone 4G/4/4S - Brown (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Have left a couple of months 'til reviewing this as I tried other cases before (eg the Exspect flip case for iPhone4, as the one I'd had for my old 3G had been very good) which started off seeming great, but didn't hold up well under continued use :(
So far this seems brilliant! Really like that it has a popper closure rather than velcro (tacky and liable to come away) or magnetic (don't like the idea of magnets close to tech gadgets). I always prefer to have a flip over cover as well to protect the screen. The bonded leather really makes it though - it actually seems to be genuine and is wearing in beautifully, compared to a lot of the cases that claim to be leather but turn out to be mostly koskin or similar.
Main case clips around the phone fairly securely; doesn't feel like it's going to fall out, but not too much of a job to remove the phone again. Cutouts all present and correct, with plenty of space round the camera & flash.

Definitely recommended if you prefer flip cover cases.

2.0 out of 5 stars Tuf luv iPhone 4s case, 4 Jan 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far Very Good, 5 Feb 2011
A. D. Clift (Bromley Kent UK) - See all my reviews
I originally bought a slip case for my iPhone 4 but found it a nuisance to take the case off every time I had a call. This case is a big improvement. It fits very snuggly so does not make the phone much bigger but is still quite easy to remove if necessary. All buttons and sockets are accessible and I rather like the distressed leather look which means minor scratches do not distract. My wife has a similar case but hers hinges from the power connecter end which she finds a nuisance. This case hinges from the top which seems much more logical. Another user commented that a failing was that opening the case covers the camera lens. Well OK it does - of course - but it is not a problem, just open the cover 180 degrees and hold in hand rather than fold it right over the back of the camera.

One plus on my slip case was a window that showed who was calling without removing the phone from the case. If this case had that window it would even better.

This case seems much better than anything I have seen in High Street phone shops.

4.0 out of 5 stars Case that protects the screen, 10 Oct 2010
I've had my iPhone 4 for a couple of months using various means to protect it while waiting for the free Apple case. The problem with most cases I have seen is that they do not protect the screen itself, for that you typically add some protective plastic film resulting in lessened sensitivity and the smudge resistanse of the glass gone. I bought this case before receiving the one from Apple but this product is far superior to the rubber cases as it protects the screen.

I have been looking for cases with a screen cover but almost all flip open towards the bottom which is awkward and strange. This case flips in the right direction and had holes for all buttons and ports. The quality is excellent and seem to be very rugged. The only gripe I have with the case is that the flip will cover the camera when flipped over completely unto the back of the device. Just making the hole around the earphone larger would have solved this issue, aside from that the case is perfect for me.

If you can live with your iPhone getting a little thicker you should really consider buying this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars iPhone cover, 12 Sep 2011
Amazingly it works, boosts my signal at home enough to stop the phone droping calls as it used to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, 7 Feb 2011
I'm using this cover daily for almost a month now and I'm really happy with it. There's only one detail I'm concerned about... I use the iPhone so intensively everyday that the constant opening and closing of the cover is making it deteriorate fast, particularly, where it bends all the way back... Until now it's not worrisome, but only the time will tell us more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tuff luv, tough case and tough to beat., 7 Jan 2011
I've searched everywhere for a case for my iPhone 4 with no luck, wasted quite a bit of money only to be disappointed. I then found the Amazon app on my phone, well it opened up a whole world of products to me and the tuff love case came a callin.
It looks great it's really tough and everyone asks me where I got it from , it arrived really quickly amp well packaged so I bought another one just in case they stop making it, extremely pleased thank you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Generally ok but not fantastic fit, 2 Aug 2010
This item has a plastic shell that is clad with leather. Chinese made. It fits the phone ok but partially covers the headphone plug of the phone, meaning that the cover must be open to plug in the headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars The first mobile case I've owned that fits, 2 April 2012
I've had this case for a little over a week and can't praise it highly enough - as I've said in the title, it fits the iPhone remarkably snugly and it feels like the phone is secure and well protected. In my opinion, it looks better "in the flesh" than it does on the photos on Amazon but time will tell how long that will last. Will definitely buy another one if this one does wear out.

In short, more expensive than many of the alternatives but worth every penny.