on 11 January 2015
I already had a Skagen gents white ceramic watch and loved it so much I thought I'd buy this ladies one for my partner. Unfortunately she felt it was slightly too big for her ( it's exactly the same size as my gents one ) but it was so beautiful I decided to keep it for myself! I got it after months of keeping a check on prices and the lowest price it fell to on Amazon was around the £90.00 mark but then I came across it on eBay, brand new and in original box etc for £50.00! As with any ceramic watch you have to be careful with it. I take it off when I'm gardening etc for instance. On both watches I took them to Timpsons and had the links removed for under £5.00 although I had to accept responsibility if any links got chipped. I had taken it to reputable jewellers but none would touch it as it was ceramic. These watches are beautiful- you just have to treat them with care and they don't chip all by themselves as the previous reviewer stated. My first one I have had for nearly 2 years and this one for about 4 or 5 months without any issues. If you appreciate Scandinavian design and quality you will love this watch.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 May 2013
There is a problem with the way Skagen manufactures the Ceramic Watches. It results in bits of the bracelet, adjacent to the watch case, chipping off. The company itself takes no responsibility claiming that that the bracelet is not covered by the guarantee and refuses to cover the repair, even though the watch was under 1 year guarantee. Ceramic Watches are not cheap and if the same thing happens to you at least by reading this review you can say that you have been warned. I know for sure that I will never, ever buy Skagen watch again!
on 13 June 2015
The Lifetime Guarantee on this wristwatch by Skagen will not be honored when purchased from Amazon. Apart from that the watch functioned well until a small bezel on the face of the watch became detached and caught up in the hands of the watch.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse