4.0 out of 5 stars Updated
First there are not big changes from the privous versions. The only reason I bought it was for the time lines on the maps. It is a particular intrest to me and so worth the upgrade. Otherwise I'm not sure why you would upgrade if you had a recent version of the software. If you have a intrest in building and resarching your family tree then I would recommend this...
Published on 17 Oct 2010 by L. Richardson

2.0 out of 5 stars Down grade in my opinion
I upgraded(?) from the 2006 version to the 2011 version and I have to say that I was very disapointed. Even after 3 months of use data entry is much slower than it was with the 2006 version.
I use pdf files generated from the reports to email close family changes to the tree. The changes to the way that the pdfs are generated means that I cannot now produce a 1 page...
Published on 12 Mar 2011 by Nicola Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Loved this nice easy software to help me with my family tree. Is nice and easy to use, great price too

3.0 out of 5 stars Family Tree Maker., 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I chose this version after research ,I found that this was the version I needed to updat my old 4.4 FTM. Since installing the newer version I have been having lots of problems, mainly with relationships. All the names I have entered in the past are there, but I'm having to spend hours sorting out the various relationships for example, my younger son at first was recorded as not being related to me, then he was my grandson and finely the brother of my son!
My ex husband has become the Home person on my family tree so far I have been unable to correct this I'm considering deleting him for the time being so I am the Home person and then add him in later, not sure what will happen to my sons I guess they will become illegitimate on my tree.
Not sure if this is the fault of FTM2011 or Ancestry which is why I only rated it 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What i Need, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC) (DVD-ROM)
This version is everything that I need. It updates, allows me to put pics on and allows me to save media files on it

4.0 out of 5 stars Family tree maker 2011, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Having had a previous family tree builder I was able to transfer all my old data to this software without any difficulty. The navigation takes a bit of getting used to but is very user friendly. The one thing I miss is the ability to be able to view an actual family tree across all the info inputed it is quite limited in this regard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Family Tree maker., 1 Nov 2013
N. Pearson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Loaded after a couple of attempts from inserting the CD. Did not recognise it immediately but seems OK now. Have not yet started to use it.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good but you don't get what's promised, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I previously had the FTM 2005 version which has served me well. This newer version is an improvement in most areas and is much faster. The charts and reports are better but there's still a problem positioning a large family tree. You don't have full control over where the tree is situated and this can be very wasteful of expensive glossy photo paper, even if you use the large A3+ format. The margins can be huge. The biggest problem is you don't get the promised three months subscription with Ancestry.com. I tried three days in successioon and all I got was the message "We're sorry but this page is temporarily unavailable"

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we needed., 7 May 2013
This review is from: Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC) (DVD-ROM)
This is a perfect advance from the old Family Tree software we were using. the software was despatched quickly and arrived in good condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Growing family, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Very good program for the money, with added bonus of three months free access to some Ancestry records. I also use My Heritage, which I also like, and seems clearer to follow for certain details. I guess it's a question of what you're used to, but I've given this four stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to convert from Personal Ancestral File, 22 Feb 2013
R. J. Hole (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using Personal Ancestral File for many years and am fairly happy with it. I have discovered that to change would be too much upheaval. E.g. I create source records, e.g. census records, and link them to each individual that is referenced. Other products seem to work differently and so it would be difficult to change. Converting the PAF File does not give desirable results, not for me anyway.

Family Tree Maker is heavily linked to Ancestry.co.uk (or .com). You can build your whole family tree on the Ancestry website (or upload it from a gedcom file). This begs the question of whether you really need to buy Family Tree Maker. To get the best of either you need an Ancestry subscription.

5.0 out of 5 stars family tree maker 2011, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC) (DVD-ROM)
excelent quality and the disc arrived on time.this was just as advertised and just what I wanted at an excelent price

Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC)
Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC) by Avanquest Software (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)