5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item
Great Item but the transfer menu doesn't load at start like Microsoft state.
You have to go into memory manager and transfer it that way, little flaw but still does the trick.

Steps to take:

Follow the steps below to use Transfer Content Wizard to transfer content:
1. Plug the old hard drive into the transfer device and then connect to the...
Published on 9 Nov 2011 by andy_woody_99@yahoo.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
too expensive
Published 4 months ago by michael tahmasebi

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, 9 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Official Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Kit (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Great Item but the transfer menu doesn't load at start like Microsoft state.

Steps to take:

Follow the steps below to use Transfer Content Wizard to transfer content:
1. Plug the old hard drive into the transfer device and then connect to the USB drive on the Xbox 360 console.
2. On the console, go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.
3. Select Memory.
4. Select the storage device that contains the content you want to copy (usb device).
5. Press Y to activate the transfer option.
6. Select the destination device.
7. Select the content to transfer, highlight Start, and then press A to begin the transfer.
8. If there's not enough space on the destination storage device, you NEED to reduce the amount of content to transfer.

5.0 out of 5 stars a lifesaver, 17 Aug 2010
Mr Blackwell (scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
picture the scene,your 14 year old is gutted,his harddrive is full and he's wanting to xfer all the data to his new superior hard drive,his technophobe father hasnt a clue.

Type in hard drive transfer,this little beauty pops up,best £15 ever spent,hand package to son,he disappears to his room,has it set up in no time,im assured the idiot proof instructions would even have allowed me to complete the task,son happy as larry,1 hard drive transferred,rest of my week end priceless.

UPDATE : 18 mths down the line,the wee fella's x-box died,bought the new up to date x-box,we're back to square one,where's that cable? in the darkest recess of his cupboard,tangled,abused ,not in its packet,hooked it up(him not me) ,15 mins later ,all xfer'd, weekend saved again,best money spent ever. Just dont get these negative reviews,either defective goods or not official cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly :), 17 July 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this to transfer my memory from my (rubbish - 4 times broken) xbox 360 premium console, to my brand new Xbox 360 S console which I got on day of release. This transfer kit, worked a treat, thank you. Another good thing to note, is that it only took 5 mins to tranfer 20gb of memory. Which is brilliant :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the...er...box!, 12 Sep 2012
I can verify that this is a 100% genuine Microsoft product and that it works perfectly. Updated from 20GB to 120GB hard drive and had no issues at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin, 9 Aug 2012
Alex (Launceston, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I spent a bit of time looking at different transfer kits in the end I went for the bit more expensive official one and it worked a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move Your Data With Ease, 16 July 2010
IM35461 "IM35461" (East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The device comes with instruction leaflets in several languages. Once you have found the right one the rest can go in the bin.

One thing I did not realise is that it does not copy the data it moves it deleting the originals from the source hard drive.

I had already created my gamer profile on my new Slim console and when I used this device to move the same game tag from my old one it would no longer except it so I had to recover it again from online.

Device is easy to use. With your new console up and running just plug cable onto old hard drive and then plug the other end into a USB port on your new console.

A box should pop up offering the transfer (move) direction and you then get to select what you move by category and down to item level should you require e.g. pick a certain gamer tag or 7Gb video file.

Like windows it has an option to overwrite all exisiting objects but not one for no, don't overwrite existing - no a big deal, just a little annoying.

Once complete, power down your console, unplug device and power up again.

My 30 gigs of data from the last generation XBOX 250Gb hard drive to new model took under 45 minutes.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best of the cables - just a couple of niggles, 30 Sep 2014
LiberTed (Yorkshire, GB) - See all my reviews
Well it does everything it says on the tin. But it's not perfect. It's the best transfer cable on the market: I've come across cheap cables that transfer very little but worse, they still wipe the original drive so you lose everything. Save money but lose your saves. This OEM cable my Microsoft for the Xbox360 did the job very well but obviously takes time - transferring the 60GB onto my new Xbox with a 250GB HDD took several hours. BUT - I did lose the saves to the odd game still. I'd completely done Blazing Angels 2 so I wasn't bothered there plus one of my Arcade games. The big loss was from Forza Motorsport 3 where I wasn't far from getting a Gold in every race and getting all the cars. Thus I was frustrated from completely finishing the game and being awarded the Gamerscore and Achievement for doing it.
So, if you do want to upgrade your Xbox, I'd say get this, the OEM cable not any other, just that if you're close to finishing a game, do that first before transferring over to the new hard drive if you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 24 Dec 2013
Well what can I say, it does what it says on the tin, plug it in follow the instructions off you go all copied over, one happy boy.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 19 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
if you need something to transfer your data from your old xbox to a new one then this is the product for you yes it is expensive but you can reuse it as many times as you want. the packaging is ok but hard to get into as i ripped mine completely open and has now split but its worthy it as im now playing call of duty mw3 on my new xbox360 slim and now giving my old one away with nothing on it all my data on my new one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect: Does what it says ..., 3 Jan 2012
El Mac (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
With the purchase of a new Xbox console comes the problem of how to transfer an existing profile from the old console to its new replacement, the Hard Drive Transfer Kit (Xbox 360) by Microsoft solves this problem with ease. Transferring is as easy as "ABC" just by following the step by step instructions on the product page. Neat piece of functional kit, highly recommended and does what it says on the tin!

Please Note: Following a number of negative reviews about this product, in my case, this was purchased from "Online Game Shop" who supplied a Genuine Microsoft Xbox 360 product.

Official Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Kit (Xbox 360)