5.0 out of 5 stars Shure SE535 Clear - Even better than UEars Triple Fi 10
Published on 21 Aug 2010 by Indrakumar Chaudhary

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Cable Problems
The Shure SE535 headphones certainly look good and are a much more comfortable fit with the ability of the removable cable to swivel and allow the rigid section to sit more comfortably behind the ear. My initial listeing suggests the sound is good and well balanced but, unfortunately, on the 'phones I received, the cable, which has always been the weak point of Shure's...
Published on 28 Dec 2011 by Classic Gibbon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Shure SE535 Clear - Even better than UEars Triple Fi 10, 21 Aug 2010
This review is from: Shure SE535-CL-EFS Sound Isolating Earphones (Electronics)
I own both Triple Fi 10 vi from Ultimate ears and the new Shure SE535. The SE535 utilizes Triple High Definition MicroDrivers - a dedicated tweeter and dual woofers for incredibly spacious sound and rich bass. Shure has Incredible sound quality and are Comfortable. The earlier version of Shure 530 was missing with Replaceable cable but they fixed this in SE535 which makes replacing the cables dead simple. The optional CBL-M+-K Music Phone Adapter Cable turns the Shure earphone SE535 into a headset for the iPhone4, iPhone 3GS and iPods of the latest generation.

I am extremely satisfied with this product and would definitely recommend if you can afford to buy one:).

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and a bit of a faff but they sound wonderful., 30 April 2012
keribillen (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Shure SE535-CL-EFS Sound Isolating Earphones (Electronics)
Was something of an impulse purchase. Wanted to treat myself to something vaguely luxurious but useful.

First the negative points:
> Putting them in my ears is a major faff. The cable is clumsy and gets in the way, and the buds need pushing in hard and held in position for a wee while; otherwise they fall out easily. With practice, I hope this gets easier. I expect I'll be using these 'phones in a confined space (on a plane or on a train when on business trips) so I don't really want to battle with them when putting them on.
> Wearing them can hurt the ear canal. Fortunately, included in the package I received were many different types of bud, and after a fair bit of experimentation I found a painless pair for my ears (consisting of soft yellow foam, which is a bit fragile and easily torn).
> They are expensive.

Now the positive points:
> Many different earbuds to choose from.
> Cable is a useful length.
> Cable is detachable (so can be replaced if damaged).
> Comes with an optional volume control and an optional adapter for 6mm audio jack connections (I was not expecting either of these things).
> The world becomes eerily quiet when wearing them, and others around me cannot hear any noise pollution from them. Their sound isolation quality is excellent.
> Above all, they sound sublime. When I am listening to music, I forget I am wearing the phones because the music takes over and demands my attention. This is what listening to music should be like. I have a half-decent hifi set up properly at home (high-def uncompressed digital audio source; Music Fidelity DAC and power supply; Quad power amp; top-end cabling; and Monitor Audio floor standing speakers) and I am hearing details with these headphones that I have not heard before. Am very impressed by this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - Amazing sound, 18 Oct 2012
This review is from: Shure SE535-CL-EFS Sound Isolating Earphones (Electronics)
I bought these to replace my Shure SE425 headphones, as they had suffered spilt wires.

The step up to the Shure SE535 is like night and day in terms of sound quality. If you can afford these headphones go for it, the difference in sound stage is amazing. Given the are closed it is very deep.

The biggest thing you will notice is a jump in the bass quality, very tight and lots of it very deep without being over blown.

Very detailed sound and highly recommended ... wish I had bought them sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class - Bowers & Wilkins P5 beaters!!, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: Shure SE535-CL-EFS Sound Isolating Earphones (Electronics)
I've just received these today having bought them to replace my Bowers & Wilkins P5 over ear headphones.

Although the P5's were great I found the over ear style to be less than practical for me personally....

Anyway.... These 535's are without doubt the best headphones I've ever heard...!!

I have only used them up to yet with music playing from my iPhone 5 - with no EQ added.

The noise isolation is superb. For example - with my iphone music volume set at around half way, at 60mph in a car with both front windows down I cannot hear any wind noise at all.

I would suggest that due to this fantastic noise isolation the music has better clarity and a wider range (yes I know technically they have not got as wide a sound spectrum) than the P5's - as you can hear every detail extremely clearly. I have heard new ghost notes and instrument parts in songs that I have been listening to for years!

Having read several other reviews I have noticed many people say that these aren't for bass heavy fans.... I beg to differ... The bass response from these is excellent - maybe not artificially booming like the "beats" headphones - but very detailed and prominent!

Build quality is also very good - the headphones themselves feel very well made and weighty (not too heavy though) - and the cable seems very strong and durable.
They are exceptionally comfortable to wear and with the bundled mass of numerous and varied earbuds I'm sure anyone could find a comfortable fit and good seal.
I am currently using the olive style foam tips that were on them out of the packet - and they seem to suit my ears very well.

To sum it all up - yes, they are very expensive headphones - but, considering these we're 470 when first released the quality of these will demonstrate that anything less than 320 - is a good buy....
As another reviewer has already said: "eat baked beans for a month to save up the money"!!
Or just sell stuff on eBay!!!
I would highly recommend these you will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rolls-Royce of in ear headphones, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Shure SE535-CL-EFS Sound Isolating Earphones (Electronics)
Have to be used to be believed. Try once and wander around with a smile on your face while looking at the easily influence with their Beats on. Sound quality is second to none, the process of putting them on takes a little getting used to but it becomes automatic after a few days. The noise isolation is perfect, reducing ambient noise to a whisper and also eliminated the annoying rubbing noise typical of other in ear phones. While at the top end in terms of price, if you take sound seriously there is no alternative. Additionally, the modular cable allows for replacement, a common fault in previous Shures was fraying of the cable, essentially killing the headphone. The solution was a heavy duty Kevlar cable with the capability for replacement. The headphones come a variety of buds so you can find the ones suitable for you. My preference is the black soft foam variety which seem to provided an excellent seal with the ear canal.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE, 1 Oct 2012
Rod Sturdy "Rod Sturdy" (Wokingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shure SE535-CL-EFS Sound Isolating Earphones (Electronics)
There are plenty of reviews here quite rightly explaining how great these earphones are but I just wanted to comment on Shure's customer service. My SE535 developed a slight fault (after 22 months of solid use). I thought I would just put a call in to see if they was a repair service available. However, I learned that the earphones come with a two year warranty so I posted just the eaphones back in a Jiffy pack as requested and forty hours later I was woken by a courier who had a brand new retail package of SE535 headphones for me. That was most welcome and clearly great service but I should also point out that the process was painless. A simple call to the customer service number on the website, No holding, and the phone was answered immediately by the person who could help me. He was also very knowledgeable, understanding and professional. For me the quality of customer service is as important as the product itself and Shure score 10/10 on both counts.

One final comment - Shure did ask me for proof of purchase which normally would have stumped me but because I had bought these on Amazon I was able to go back through my order history and print of my original order details which did the trick. So thanks also to Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning clarity. Worth every penny, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Shure SE535-CL-EFS Sound Isolating Earphones (Electronics)
Having had numerous earphones over the years of varying quality, I had a very firm idea of the type of product I was after. As a drummer I often use headphones when practicing at my electronic kit and I wanted a set of in ear monitors that could faithfully reproduce the stunning sound palette of the Roland TD20KX. I also enjoy listening to music through headphones when relaxing and often find that in ear buds can irritate if left in for prolonged periods. So my requirements were to have some noise isolating buds that could handle the frequency range of an instrument like the drums and would also be practical enough for daily use.

With the price tag I was naturally sceptical of whether they would be worth the investment or not but after a few days of reading reviews I decided to take the plunge and order a set. I'm glad I did. As in ear monitors for drumming, they are nothing short of stunning. Every component of the drums sounds incredible. From the canon like kick drum through to the cut of the hi hat and cymbals, they are beautifully reproduced in every respect. A truly epic experience. As earphones for music they are nothing short of sublime. I'm not joking. The dynamic range of these tiny little earphones cannot be adequately described. They need to be heard to be believed. If like me you enjoy a very neutral and faithful reproduction of a recording, these really are the ticket. Be warned though, to really put these through their paces the input source needs to be top flight stuff. Forget about feeding these low quality MP3's. They show up poor recordings in a heartbeat. However, feed these things high quality input and they will blow you away. Truly.

A word of caution though. If you enjoy overpowering bass in a set of earphones these are not for you. They are far more subtle than that. You will hear aspects of your music you never knew was there. These are all about faithful reproduction and range. Right now I'm listening to Daft Punk's Random Access and it sounds dizzying through these earphones. Put on something classical or a technically adept recording like Def Leppard's Hysteria, R&B, or anything else you care to throw at them, these do it all with equal mastery.

They can be fiddly to put in at first, but live with them for a few hours and they will feel like the most natural thing in the world. With a decent array of ear adapters that come with them you will definitely be able to find something that works for you and they will happily sit in my ears for many hours without even a hint of irritation. As for the isolating properties, you can pretty much kiss the world goodbye when you have these in.

If you are serious about your music and prefer in ear monitors to over ear options, these are difficult to beat. I consider myself a stickler for detail and I have had these for well over a year now and marvel at just how good they are every time I put them on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Q for a few Q, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Shure SE535-CL-EFS Sound Isolating Earphones (Electronics)
4 stars ? - yeah , no remote and mike for those huge sum of money. That's why.
One more thing - if u use one of those bumper cases or shell cases whatever, - jack of the phones does not exactly fits properly to some of them - so get ready to by one with a bigger hole for phones input . I use griffin shell case only with supplied Shure 535 volume controller becose of it.
It's my third purchase of Shure phones. Up to a price ladder from 80 - 180 & finally to most expensive ones.
My recommends to all folks who's crazy about music in noisy places - I'm one of them )

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality earbuds for on the move, but not as good as over ear headphones, 13 Sep 2011
This review is from: Shure SE535-CL-EFS Sound Isolating Earphones (Electronics)
After much deliberation I decided to invest in a high quality set of earbuds. I already own high quality over the ear headphones, but they are just not useable on the move and the highest quality headphones tend not to cancel out noise very well. Earbuds are great for this, but I can't listen to poor quality. I was really concerned about fakes, but thankfully I am confident that I got the genuine article after successful registration with Shure and listening to the product. At full price, these buds are overpriced, but at the price I paid, They are very good value and compare favourably with other headphones and earbuds in the price range.

Took a little time to get used to fitting, but once you find the right sleeves these buds fit very nicely into my ears and look the part. The stiffened cable coming from the buds is a nice touch for hooking them over your ear and once fixed I found I was able to move freely without fear of a sudden head movement yanking them out my ears.
Sound quality is very good for earbuds. Being the owner of a set of high quality over the ear headphones, I can tell you where they could be better, but given that they cost me twice the price of the Shures it is not fair to compare. I can't really fault the SE535 for the price I paid. The bass is very good once you find the right sleeves, though it does lack a little depth and extention. It's nothing you would miss if you had not already heard it. The bass is clean and not boomy allowing nice detail. Mids are very good with good space around instruments for earbuds and lots of detail. Treble is clear and not too harsh unless you really take the volume up. I use a headphone amp to bypass the DAC on my iPhone, but these have enough punch to use through a headphone socket and provide good volume albeit at a lower quality. Headphone socket is good quality but a little wide meaning that if you use a portable device with a case surrounding the headphone jack may not fit without removing the case. In this case you can use the supplied in line volume control (which is not the best quality) which has a smaller jack that is more likely to fit. Cable appears robust and of course is replaceable if the worst happens. One final thing, noise isolation is great!

So on the whole a great set of earbuds for those that want a good trade off between portability and sound quality. I will always use my high quality over the ear headphones around the house and in quiet locations, but on the move and in noisy circumstances these earbuds are about the best resolution there is without paying obscene amounts of cash, though some may argue these are an obscene amount of cash.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exellent sound!, 14 May 2011
This review is from: Shure SE535-CL-EFS Sound Isolating Earphones (Electronics)
Its afford your money in terms of sound is spectacular, but they are quite big and it take a tittle more time for fit it than conventional earphones.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›