on 5 October 2013
It doesn't help to beat long-term odour (I'm playing indoor volleyball)

It might be useful as a preventive measure.
However this product has its own smell - which I don't like as well (it smells like a bacon).

Summary: it didn't help me.
Cannot recommend to anyone who is trying to beat the long-term odour.

UPDATE:
finally could find a product that was able to beat the "ingrained" odour
Scholl Odour Control Shoe Spray (150ml, 24hr Performance)

I'm playing volleyball (3-4 times a week) - never used any spray for 9 months - and the odour had become really intolerable.

Initially I bought this "odour eaters" product - which could beat the immediate odour, but couldn't do anything with "ingrained" odour. No luck at all.

Scholl "Odour Control for Shoes" finally could get rid of the smell. The reason I think - is the different principle:
Scholl sprays liquid - that evaporates and hence could penetrate the soft material of the shoe - killing the bacteria in it.

Odour Eaters - sprays something non-liquid - hence it beats the bacteria on the surface of the material - without getting really deep. Therefore - in principle it cannot beat the long-term odour

It is up to you to decide which one to use - in the described scenario - Scholl's approach is way better
on 28 July 2012
I have a pair of Nike trainers which have started smelling.
It is an unusual smell, not standard foot odour, more like when a wet mop goes rancid. Also vaguely like the smell of rat urine.
Anyway I tried putting the trainers through the washing machine with some bio detergent powder. Didn't work in terms of getting rid of the smell and parts of the soles fell off and had to be glued back on (shan't be doing that again). Bought the Odor Eaters spray, which is the subject of this review. I sprayed the trainers intensively inside and out, then sprayed my socks then put the trainers on. Did the same more or less every day for about 10 days. The spray did very little to solve the problem, so it was not the answer and I was therefore not much impressed with the product. I have finally soaked the trainers in Dettol disinfectant and dried them out again. This kind of worked, although the trainers now smell strongly of Dettol. I am continuing to use the Odor Eaters spray in the hope that this will reduce the disinfectant smell. It is not really achieving that either.
on 22 July 2012
Purchasing this aerosol was a complete fluke. I had a good offer and needed some regular Odor Eaters for my smelly trainers.

The aerosol is quite small being 150ml in size.

It is meant to reduce foot odour and it's formulation includes anti-bacterial agents.This is designed to clobber the whiff at source.

The instructions are quite comprehensive.Feet are meant to be washed and dried carefully before application.

The application is quite simple,hold the can about a foot away from your feet, give them a light spray and let them dry before putting on socks etc.

It is also recommended to spray the inside of any footwear before use.

So does it work?

ABSOLUTELY!

I suffer from smelly feet and no matter what I do I always end up with my feet honking especially in the summer.

Drastic measures in the past have included washing twice a day in Dettol.

That worked for a while but the dreaded whiff was back within a couple of hours.

Careful washing of my feet and a dollop of spray has made all the difference.

The product works particularly well when combined with Odor Eaters insoles for your shoes.

My Foot Odour emissions have vanished totally when used in this combination.

Any drawbacks?

Well the spray gives off an odour of its own initially, like Smokey Bacon flavoured crisps. This can be a little off-putting at first but it soon goes. My feet also tend to get dry-a bit like using a strong underarm anti perspirant.

But wanting my feet to stay moist and fresh is wanting my cake and eat it!

And that can't happen.

When used in accordance with instructions and in combination with the Odor Eaters insoles this is a formidable product.

Of course it is no substitute for soap and water.

But it can help relieve the embarrassment of "What's that smell!" thoughts or remarks when taking shoes off in company.

And as such it is outstanding.

Thoroughly recommended!
on 28 October 2013
I use it after being at the gym - and it seems to work well, I have used since the trainers were new and they do get hammered several times a week. So I would recommend this product, although it is fairly pricey I think it is worth it to keep your trainers fresh.
on 21 September 2013
I thought this to be an ideal product to clear out the build up of nasty smells after a long training period... one of the best on the market... no problem what so ever with this product... good delivery schedule too...
on 29 April 2014
I work 12 hour shifts wearing heavy steel toe cap boots. I normally have to replace them after 6 months because they tend to get a bit whiffy. But this product has given them a new lease of life. A 2 second spray after they've been worn is all it takes to keep them smelling as fresh as a daisy.
on 22 September 2014
Sorry this spray has a very funky unpleasant smell itself. I use daily in my leather dressing shoes, I use for to work. The shoes I only use in the office, I don't even walk with them outdoors. I have to apply several times a day to get rid of the "stuffy shoe" smell.

And in case you are wondering, I do wash my feet every morning and use clean cotton socks.
on 7 June 2016
As described and works well
on 2 July 2013
I used it before and after using safety boots at work. It is quite effective and will buy more soon as i have run out
on 2 April 2013
ideal for all those people with bad feet, got some insoles and then spray them as well, makes for a happy home