5.0 out of 5 stars Long Lovin' Album, 15 May 2008
This review is from: A Lot Of Bottle (Audio CD)
Being a Stafford boy, The Climax Blues Band was one of those bands which everyone had heard of but very few had actually listened to. As a spotty teenager in the early 80s I managed to borrow this LP from a friend and tape it (Oh the shame!!!). The tape got played to death. Recently I tracked this album down on Amazon and simply had to buy it.

There is not a bum track on this album. It opens with 'Country Hat' an excellent piece of slide guitar - a lot of bottle! 'Everyday' is a blues number with a with a forceful but laid back rhythm under pinned by a strong bass guitar presence. 'Reap what I have sowed' has a gritty rhythm with an excellent guitar solo section. 'Brief Case' is an instrumental which introduces the band's horns - effortlessly working with the guitars. 'Alright Blue' is another instrumental featuring a blues harp which you can't help but tap your foot along too. 'Seventh Son' has atmosphere with a great bass line, leading into a faster tempo section with excellent guitar work. 'Please Don't Help' is another great track in its own right leading into the more humourous 'Mooring Noon and Night'. 'Long Lovin' Man' is an equally humourous track. 'Lousianna Blues' is wonderfully crafted as is 'Cut You Loose' with its organ, horns and guitar solos. 'Lovin' Machine' is a great raunchy number with its guiar work - very 70s.

All the tracks are well crafted with their own identity and clear vocals. I find the whole album so uplifting - I recently caught my 5 year old bopping along to it! I've currently got this album in the CD changer of my car. I can see it being the sound of summer 2008.

I apologise for taping the LP in the first place. Hopefully, with the fact that I have got around to buying it on CD and writing this review, I am finally forgiven. In short buy this CD. You will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended. An excellent sounding remaster, 27 Mar. 2015
I bought this yesterday at my local record store rather than amazon so I hope its OK to post a review. This is an impressive release with an excellent quality remaster. I have long been a fan of the CBB, although their later AOR leaves much to be desired. This album contains many stylish tracks and the CD is a joy to listen to. I haven't found too many CD's from this era that sound good. If only we could get a decent CD remaster of Bostons stunning debut album that sounds as nice and balanced as this. Above all this CD has lovely clarity and separation. The CBB were often a bass heavy band(especially live) but on this release its been toned down and balances well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRUE CLASSIC, 31 Aug. 2013
Many will not have heard of this blues/rock band, I became a fan back when this album was released way back when, don,t know why it has taken me so long to buy it on CD, the most popular track on here, REAP WHAT I,VE SOWED still remains my all time favourite, with the bonus of the said track being added live as an added feature, but this really is a classic album so no duff tracks if you like rock,blues/rock or blues I recommend you give this whole album a listen, once you have I am sure you will buy it, for me this is the CLIMAX BLUES BAND at there best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!!, 28 Mar. 2013
S. Heaven (UK/US) - See all my reviews
Great to see these albums reissued! Shame that the track listing is wrong...it appears that someone screwed up and put "Who killed McSwiggin" on as a bonus track instead of Spoonful!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My old freinds, 11 Mar. 2009
This review is from: A Lot Of Bottle (Audio CD)
This is probably a cheat in that I personally knew some of the Band being from Stafford and having been at school with Pete Haycock. My old vinyl had become very noisy so it was really a pleasure to hear the pristine tracks again. Having seen most of them performed live at one time or another bought back some great memories

A Lot Of Bottle