5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent
I bought this product as my second product for the Kinect I bought yesterday and must say it is a good buy. I have been aiming to get fitter. This product I feel already is going to do.

At the start I just played a few of the fun games on it. I then went in for the mode that tests your fitness and allows you to select fitness programs depending on what you...
Published on 11 Nov 2010 by Jay Dee

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept but Frustrating at times
I have been working hard at this game for a few months now and I have really been enjoying the concept of gaining achievements and seeing my progress as I move through the excercise sessions. The concept is great, the look and sounds of the game makes you feel like you are in a special spa retreat, and the avatar trainers keep you motivated because you feel like you are...
Published on 10 Sep 2011 by Cath

3.0 out of 5 stars Too easy, 9 Aug 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I have recently quit the gym in favour of the kinect, preferring to get the dinner on before my work out, however I'm finding it all a bit too easy and don't feel I'm getting much from this game. I'm hoping there is a lot more to unlock in terms of harder levels and much longer games, (I am used to a non-stop hour to hour and half long work out, not stopping every 5-10mins).

I also find the commentating extremely irrating, I would prefer to be able to sync my own music to work outs and let the xbox correct the timing appropriate to the work out. My boyfriend purchased the UFC trainer game, I'm liking this so far a bit better however it is has been more toning exercises as apposed to the sweaty cal burning sesh I'm really after. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

3.0 out of 5 stars Only missing a warm up/cool down - actually dangerous without it, 22 Feb 2011
Mr. M. Richards "Marty" (Ealing, London, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I must add that I dived right in, had my body scanned and put in my weight and age and immediately went into toning cardio.
I didn't know when to stop or how long a session should be, so did an hour and burnt 300 calories, which seemed a really small amount for the amount I put in, compared to a gym running machine which is 180 calories in 10 minutes.
However, I could barely use my legs for three days. I knew where my 'glutes' were like never before and my legs ache now four days later. Getting to bed has been tough.
This game makes out it is the complete package but with no warm up/cool down advice it is actually a pain trap as it stands.
It is actually dangerous if followed verbatim, no warnings on package or carefully constructed software, nothing. No clearly obvious stage where you prepare the body or cool it down. No timed sessions. It needs a health warning right now.
If you advertise as the whole package, and state so as the software is played then you need to include the appropriate measures or state them before commencing.
Without this it throws the research and advice made to make this (otherwise good) programme into serious doubt.
Every live trainer I have had has gone through warm up and cool down if I think back. Missing from here can be very painful if one forgets.
Include this and save a million pained thighs and Gluteus maximus's and a dislike towards this product and its use ever again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fitness, 31 July 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Im not sure if it because I am in Spain or what but I dont get a very good signal from the Kinect all very fuzzy

2.0 out of 5 stars Your shape-fitness evolved, 15 Nov 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
The reason I am marking this down so badly is very simple.
It isnt a multiplayer / multiuser game.
Only one person can use the system at a time and even the "multiplayer" parts consist of users taking individual turns.
This really annoys me -any software can be classified as multiplayer if one waits while the other uses it.
Also we wanted to be able to train together -this way only one persons progress can be logged, so we either do individual logged in sessions and take twice as long or one just copies the others routine without any feedback etc.
As the kinect adventures allows 2 person mapping it isnt an impossible thing to ask -so dont mislabel your product Ubisoft!

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and doesn't register moves, 23 Jan 2011
S. Morgan - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I agree entirely with those reviewers that found the menu clumsy and complicated to use. I also discovered that the game often couldn't track my leg movements, although other games have no trouble doing so. This made scoring on the exercises impossible, of course. This took away any advantage of the game over, say, an exercise video.

Worse yet, it was boring. Visually unexciting, repetitive movements--I bought the Kinect to make exercise fun and (I hoped) addictive. The Adventures that came with the Kinect are just that. But for some reason, once the title includes "exercise" or "fitness" gaming and fun are set aside for a weird form of penance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, 26 Mar 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This game was very disappointing. It does not have much on it. And the best bits have to be purchased at extra cost. Don't buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The game looks great., 31 Dec 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The game looks excellent and from what i've heard it can really get results. The down side is I ordered it on the 29th and paid for the first class wanting to get it before the bank holiday but no its still not here. Game looks great but amazon seems to of let me down :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Glitchy and not intuitive, 22 Nov 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Interface is slow and clunky, once you've done your 100 calories work out, it seems almost impossible to escape without losing your place...avoid.