5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent
I bought this product as my second product for the Kinect I bought yesterday and must say it is a good buy. I have been aiming to get fitter. This product I feel already is going to do.

Published on 11 Nov 2010 by Jay Dee

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept but Frustrating at times
I have been working hard at this game for a few months now and I have really been enjoying the concept of gaining achievements and seeing my progress as I move through the excercise sessions. The concept is great, the look and sounds of the game makes you feel like you are in a special spa retreat, and the avatar trainers keep you motivated because you feel like you are...
Published on 10 Sep 2011 by Cath

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent, 11 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

At the start I just played a few of the fun games on it. I then went in for the mode that tests your fitness and allows you to select fitness programs depending on what you want to increase. From toning to even having programs to help women after having a baby to get into shape and cardio work. I spent a couple of hours on this and I now feel the muscles burning.

It is great from the point of view that it measures your body accurately. I would recomend for the actual working out regimes to wear some loose clothing. I believe this will help with toning up and I found it a lot easier to use than the Wii and with facial recognition it means that if my brother goes to use it, he can have his own profile and not mess mine up.

I also enjoy thr fact that it has games that are multi player up to four people which I imagine will be a good laugh. It also includes Tai Chi classes.

All round it is great and am so glad I bought this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shrinking Telly-tubby review- the unfit perspective, 18 Nov 2010
Julie Cutler - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I like this game and I like the Kinect technology. But I am not sure if this has enough activities to keep you occupied forever despite its claims. I think that you probably will need to do what exercise addicts do and cycle through different kinect fitness disks to keep your enthusiasm up.

Ok- it was a toss up between the two fitness programs initially released. I've got into a rut and am not fit (and too podgy). The "nice and easy" program (huh!) seemed the most suited for me out of the many, many exercise classes. This is 13 minutes of repeating bouncy arm and leg movements and trying to keep up with stick figure Barbie, aka the trainer. Thankfully the program automatically pauses when you collapse part way through. I've done a few days only out of the 12 (it's quite easy to keep coming back to it) - already I feel an inch taller and I've got a slight bounce to my step, I'm sleeping way better (middle aged insomniac). Impressive.

The Tai Chi and the Boxing (disco with punches) are very pleasant, without at the moment being mind blowing - but don't seem to have many variations. I'm not overkeen on the gym games- Kinect Adventures is way better at getting you moving!

If you have no patience then you will get a little irritated with the two phase hand operated menus you have to use to navigate everywhere- it took me several days to work out how to even exit the game (out of the activity and select the Kinect hub). Also if you do collapse part way through, you have to reactivate the kinect tracking by walking towards and back to it. And you're portrayed on screen as an orange or blue blob as seen by the infra-red camera- it's a bit disheartening for the very blobby!

Compared to the Wii, you actually do get to do the activities at a reasonable pace without faffing about going through menus and scores. It also allows you to do enthusiastic arm and leg exercises simultaneously (the Wii always constrained you because you had to make sure you didn't damage the delicate electronics of the board). And no stupid controllers to pick up and put down. Superb!

UPDATE: 2 WEEKS IN- I've completed "Nice and Easy" and switched to "Break a Sweat", which has increased the workout time to 20 minutes and contains completely different exercises. (I did try out "Sculpting" but it seems to have a bug which stops it from counting down the exercise repeats). Er, inch off bust, inch off waist, half inch off hips. No change in diet (which has been fairly restrained for 2 years without any weight loss). A bit of extra bouncing around to Kinect Adventures etc. At one point I had worked up to 2 hours a day on the Wii Fit without any impact on body shape, and losing weight is a big struggle- so after TWO WEEKS on the Kinect I am well impressed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Fitness, 10 Nov 2010
M. Price (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
When it came to Pre-Ordering the Kinect I saw this title and was interested for the fact I'd put a few pounds on above the already slightly overweightness I had been for a year or two. The result a fun interactive game that from the first play and setup had me not only hooked and interested but burning some of those callories too! There could be more mini games to entertain you after a work out but who knows they may come as an update or as DLC (Download Content).

To start off the game - or should I say product! it looks you over and measures you up then asks for your weight in pounds. After this you are put through a small exercise session to evaluate your overall fitness level.

One thing that you can do if you're serious about losing a few pounds and toning up is to purchase some 5lb / 2.3 kg dumbbells or heavier if you're a bigger chap, the workouts are provided from experts and contributions from Mens Health and Womens Fitness too. The game will not do sit ups and push ups which could be something to do with the sensor not picking you up properly in a prone position, who knows...

So is it fun? Yes and No. Is it going to get you to burn some calories and lose a few pounds - heck yes I really do believe it will.

The only real improvement I can see is if they managed to incorporate Heart Rate with Polar Heart Rate Monitor devices, I see EA are bringing out a version for Kinect priced at double the average game and has heart rate monitor of thier own bundled.

I have rated this 5 stars for the fact it's fun and functional - you'll only get out of the product what you put into it, if you own a connect already and looking to lose a few pounds then this is money will spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best fitness 'games' out there!, 18 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have been using Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360) for 4 days now and although it takes a while to get used to, I consider this to be the best fitness 'game' out there at the moment! Unlike other consoles' fitness 'games', you don't require to hold onto any controllers which allows you to concentrate more on your workout. The design and layout of menus are very simple and easy to use and everything is explained in a very clear manner. The personal trainer's comments and instructions keeps you focussed and it feels like a real-life person training you in a gym. Some other users complained about this, however if you are not prepared to stick to proper exercise with direction, then maybe you don't really want to work out. This is not just a game, this all about your fitness. It's simple, don't buy it if you want to play a game, definitely buy it if you want to enjoy a really good daily workout with a really good selection of workout types and levels of intensity. I highly recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST EXERCISING GAME EVER!!, 10 Aug 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)This game beats all the other exercising games and dvds that are out at the mo! its like having your own personal trainer in the privacy of your own home and in my eyes thats awesome because not all people like me that are big get put off going to the gym due to all the thin people down there toning up personally that makes me feel awkward and self conscience (no offence to them the lucky gits :-D) so I have used exercise dvds and videos in the past but I often feel that I am not doing it right or its going to fast for my liking but this game goes at your own pace and shows you how to do the moves and really seems to get you motivated!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutting edge fitness - more demanding than the rest, 31 Jan 2011
R. WEST-SOLEY "Rich West-Soley" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Comparing this to other console fitness products out there, Your Shape seems so much more intense and geared up to 'serious' fitness - I was really surprised at how intense some of the workouts were (especially the toning ones), so don't be tempted to dismiss this one as 'play' fitness - it's definitely a credible home fitness product.

It's quick and easy to get up and running with, and you can be doing workouts within minutes and tracking your progress. Working on the workouts themselves is not dissimilar to using a workout DVD - you watch and copy the actions on screen in time - with the difference that they're more tailored to your own needs, and you get constant feedback throughout. Brilliant!

Despite the serious edge and the demanding workouts, there are lots of fun activities as well - one of my favourites is the block-punching game, which quickly works up a good sweat at the higher levels. Together with the workouts, they make this a pretty comprehensive fitness tool for the XBox.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - something good..., 31 Jan 2011
Paul Brittain (bassins ch) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this recently and what a breath of fresh air it was too. I have to be home with 2 toddlers and hence going to the gym was out of the option. This Kinect gym-a-like is perfect, almost uncanny, in encouraging you to do better. I was impressed by the response of the system and the ability to pick up on your technique if you start to flag. Looking forward to getting into a regular routine. I hope to set 1/2 hour aside at least once every two days to keep myself fit. My littlies like to help out and I can concentrate on it when they are fast asleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Game is great! Pain is not :), 10 Jan 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This game is brilliant for burning off those unwanted calories after the massive Christmas blowout! Any how i got this and not being one to exercise that much thought i would give it a whirl. The who process from setting up, and getting into the action is very simple and quite well thought out.

The activities within the game are good, and varied. But be warned as with most Kinect games you might look like a tit doing some of the activities lol :)

Any how, after using this it must have worked a little as my leg muscles were hurting!!

Brilliant game, highly recommended!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good first effort but room for improvement, 19 Jan 2011
D. Jones (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I go to the gym regularly (5 times a week) and am a bit of a fitness fanatic, I'm also an ardent gamer so buying a fitness game for the Kinetc was a must for me.

There are quite a few fitness titles to choose from but all the reviews pointed to this as the one to get. The first thing I will say is that this knocks the socks off of my wife's Wii Fit. The game (if that's what you can call a title like this) is definitely aimed at the person who is serious about their fitness.

The first thing that blew me away was that an actual digital representation of you is reproduced on the screen, not some cartoony avatar with limited movement and a big head. As you move your digital you moves precisely as you do. A few minutes of fun was had playing around with that!

The presentation is very slick and it does a great job of introducing you to the interface, measuring your statistics, asking you about your goals and suggesting workouts based on your specific requirements.

The exercise routines are well paced, catering for beginners right up to advanced classes. I went straight in for a professional athlete workout and boy did it put me though my paces!!

Each exercise is demonstrated by your trainer before the class begins and you follow their lead throughout the differing routines. The game does a good job of giving you feedback during the class so if you aren't doing something properly your trainer will tell you what it is and how to correct it. The music that accompanies each class is well paced and complements the routines perfectly.

BUT, there are a few niggles that whilst not major do start to grate over time and take the shine off an otherwise excellent title.

- Each class is broken down in to a sub-set of exercises with a pause between each excercise whilst the trainer explains what is coming next. Whilst these pauses only last a few seconds it breaks up the class in to numerous fragments.

- Once a class has been completed (say on beginner level) you cannot automatically begin the next (intermediate) level without navigating completely out of the menu system and back in to select the next level up. Very annoying.

- 90% of the time the game does an excellent job of tracking your movements, even complex ones, but at other times it appears totally incapable of following what you are doing, particularly for some of the simpler, slower exercises. This can get frustrating when you are copying your trainer perfectly only to get a low score because the tracking failed.

- There is quite a bit of purchaseable content within the game (extra workouts and routines). I don't like the idea of games with masses of purchaseable content as this will only lead in one direction. But I guess this is a sign of the times.

Overall, as a launch title this is a great fitness game and a good indicator of the potential for the Kinect. I would recommend to anyone keen on upping their fitness levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and healthy, 22 Mar 2011
Raul Garcia Suarez (Spain) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you are at home and outside it's raining hardly. It's sunday and you have eaten quite much more than necessary, this is your game. Move your ass out of the sofa, switch your xbox on and try to burn as much calories as you can. It's an incredibly addicted game. More if you play with someone.