5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop to TV Cable
Published on 22 Dec 2010 by David Lomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not S-Video
Be warned, this is not an S-Video plug. It is a 7 pin mini din and although an S-Video plug will fit a 7 pin mini din socket, they can not be used the other way around because of the extra pins. I've given it three stars on the assumption that it works but it is of no use to me as I have a S-Video socket.
For confirmation of the above see this-[...]

For confirmation of the above see this-[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop to TV Cable, 22 Dec 2010
David Lomas (Norwich UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DIGIFLEX 7 PIN S-VIDEO to 3 RCA TV Cable (Electronics)
Being a keen photographer, I thought it would be a good idea to be able to connect my laptop to my TV, so that I could give the family a "slideshow" After doing a little research it seemed that the answer was this 7 pin S-video to RCA TV cable. I wasn't interested in a sound connection, as they are all still pictures, but if sound is required then a second cable from the laptops earphone socket would be required. The cable arrived within a couple of days, and I plugged it in to the S-video output of my Dell Vostro 1500 laptop and the RCA input of the TV. These are the red, white and yellow phono sockets that are on the rear or side of most TV's. I switched the TV to the Aux side input, and using Googles excellent Picasa photo programme, put it in to the slideshow mode. The pictures appeared instantly, and were very clear. Certainly good enough for family viewing.

Considering the cable cost under £10 and worked first time, I was very pleased at the result, and can highly recommend it. It was also a good length enabling me to put the laptop on a nearby table whilst connected.

1.0 out of 5 stars How long is this cable?, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: DIGIFLEX 7 PIN S-VIDEO to 3 RCA TV Cable (Electronics)
That crucial information is missing. My TV is hanging on the wall, I cannot hang the laptop besides it with a 10cm adaptor cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars I got it wrong, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: DIGIFLEX 7 PIN S-VIDEO to 3 RCA TV Cable (Electronics)
I didn't realise, when I bought this that there were 7 pin and 5 pin S-Video connections. I got the wrong cable. I'm sure it'll come in handy in the future though.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Manual is not always correct, 17 Nov 2012
This review is from: DIGIFLEX 7 PIN S-VIDEO to 3 RCA TV Cable (Electronics)
There is nothing wrong with the product however, it did not do the job that it was intended for.
When I connected my Sony Bravia TV as instructed to my Dell Inspiron computer the computer would not recognise the TV.
I then had to purchase a different type of connector - read my other reviews.

1.0 out of 5 stars faulty, 25 Sep 2013
Paul Andrew Woodfield "broken rod" (Burntwood, Staffordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DIGIFLEX 7 PIN S-VIDEO to 3 RCA TV Cable (Electronics)
Wrong y configuration. Totally useless Very good response to my quiry.Will.not.hesitate to use this site again.Thank you very much to your response.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: DIGIFLEX 7 PIN S-VIDEO to 3 RCA TV Cable (Electronics)
I was sent a completely different cable to the one advertised, couldn't be bothered to send it back as it only cost a couple of quid...but still resented wasting the money!

3.0 out of 5 stars good for the price, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: DIGIFLEX 7 PIN S-VIDEO to 3 RCA TV Cable (Electronics)
My laptop screen broke. Just needed something cheep for few days. Its good for the price and dose what it says.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get you Laptop movies on your TV !, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: DIGIFLEX 7 PIN S-VIDEO to 3 RCA TV Cable (Electronics)
Admittedly you may also need a "STEREO" 3.5mm Headphone Jack to two phone, but your nearly there with this lead !

5.0 out of 5 stars Total bargain, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: DIGIFLEX 7 PIN S-VIDEO to 3 RCA TV Cable (Electronics)
Just what I needed, great price and with free postage I almost felt guilty paying so little. . . .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›