on 27 November 2010
I bought this for a school project on Titanic. It arrived in a small plastic pouch and contains a number of items, including two double sided postcards (the first being Titanic and Olympic in Belfast, and Titanic just after launch; the other being fitting the tailshaft and the gymnasium). They are standard postcard size and are a little blurred in quality, but ok.
There are 6 'cigarette cards' with images of Titanic - 3 double sided with pictures, 3 with information.These were too small for me to use.
There was a long cut away diagram of Titanic with information on the back - but very flimsy paper so needed laminating before use (not easy due to the long length).
There was a copy of the 1st class passenger list - again flimsy but useful for work on data and on biographies
Also included was a postcard sized menu, 2nd class dinner on one side, untitled menu on the other.
An Advert for Vinolia Otto Toilet Soap - enough of a decent size for a small display.
A typewritten letter from the Seamans Union express sympathy for the loss of life - again small in size.
A copy of the comparison chart with the upended new Titanic against the pyramid, St Peters in Rome and other buildings (this picture is on the web also)
A music sheet of Nearer My God to Thee (English one side, in French the other)
a small pink card ID certificate for Percy Ball, a cook, born Southampton 23 Feb 1898 (and much too small to be of much use)
A transcript of the shipping certificate for Titanic - large enough to go on the wall, but with a lot of information on it so not easy to read if on wall.
A copy of a telegram from Titanic to Burma 'we have struck and iceberg sinking fast come to our assistance' etc
A larger poster adverising Titanic
A letter sent from on board Titanic from one of the passengers to 'My dear brother young' from 'your loving old Pastor' (it doesn't say so but I think it was from Rev Harper)
Finally there is a reprint of the Daily Graphic's special memorial number on Titanic.

Overall there is a good selection of items for the money, but it is difficult to know how to use them in a structured way. Many are too small or too flimsy to be used in a class setting - even in a small group setting - and are too small to be used in a display. Some of the choices are not as helpful as might have been. I would love for example to have had a copy of a ticket for Titanic that could have been used as a starting point. However the telegram, the advert and the newspaper reprint are useful, and given the very modest cost of this pack these three make it worth while.

I also bought a book - 'The Titanic Experience' and that had a lot of similar resources included within it, plus an audio dvd of Titanic survivors talking - but was four times the price of this when I bought it though it appears to have come down in price since - The Titanic Experience: The Legend of the Unsinkable Ship and the two together provide a good selection of resources.
on 25 January 2011
Good value for money,lots of information. My daughter is a big Titanic fan, this was a great resource pack.
When I gave her the pack she was so happy with it, happy kid means happy mum. I would recommend to anyone thinking of buying it.
on 29 December 2015
My son LOVES Titanic, but struggles with the human aspect of the story. I was a bit worried before buying this as some people had written that it's all a bit too small to be used as a teaching aid - and this I can understand.

But for sitting next to a child and exploring together with them, this is lovely, and it certainly prompts the understanding that the Titanic was a human tragedy as well as an engineering disaster; the included items are surprising, moving and prompted some very interesting (and surprisingly frank) discussion with my then-9-year-old son.

Since then, they've become one of his most treasured possessions, finding a home in his little Treasure Box (along with a thrush's egg shell, foreign coins and other such bits and bobs that children collect). What's lovely about this is that, though he visits his treasure box often, my son has kept this little collection of memorabilia intact and in lovely condition - he really treasures this.

I would agree that, for holding up to a class of children, these items are all a little bit tiny. But for individual enthusiasts and learners, it's just perfect.
on 14 February 2011
My Titanic-mad 5 year old son was very interested in the pictures but too young to comprehend the level of detail in all of the ephemera, but I expected that when I ordered. I think this pack is very good value for money, especially for a child over the age of 6 or 7.
on 4 December 2011
Ordered this product to help my daughter with a summer school project on the Titanic.

All in all, a great buy....the historic looking documents fired her imagination and lead to further research on Google. A great buy, can't recommend it highly enough.
on 10 June 2016
I'm an Amazon prime member so delivery was next day. The Titanic information pack was full of all sorts of memorabilia which I bought to add to our WI Speakers topic on the Titanic who actually used some of the material in his talk. A very good educational and interesting set of documents which would compliment any study on the Titanic.
on 22 February 2015
This is a fantastic pack of memorabilia which anyone studying or collecting Titanic stories will be very pleased to receive as a gift. The items bring to life the well known story and offer an insight into early 20th century travel and culture
Well worth buying and highly recommended
on 2 September 2011
Arrived promptly and although the contents were good the quality was a bit flimsy and was a lot smaller than I had envisaged. A good fun pack but I would have liked something more substantial.
on 17 May 2016
Amazing! My daughter even took this to school for a 'show and tell'
The detail is fantastic, I bought it for my 7 year old daughter, Emily but anyone would enjoy having these.
Fantastic product .
on 8 December 2015
Very good selction, a lot of information in this pack for anyone with an interest in learning more about this terrible disaster. You will be suprised at the great content. Worth every penny. Arrived within week of placing order, well packed.