5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product!
Published on 8 Nov 2012 by Oopnorth

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but buy a bigger size.
I was pleased I paid the lower price for these shoes. Although a good build quality you would be better buying 1-2 sizes bigger to ensure they fit. I bought 11 and I can barely fit them on.

I can see how they would be very comfortable to wear round the house or a quick walk to the shops.

I wouldn't have paid the full price though.
Published 22 months ago by Mr Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product!, 8 Nov 2012
These shoes surpassed expectations! Arriving in their own canvas bag, they look and feel hand made so if you prefer a pristine factory finish then you'll be disappointed. The canvas upper is reassuringly heavy duty, and the sole (which allegedly is made from recycled tyres) looks like it will last forever. Not sure about wearing them in the wet (I suspect the dye will run) but coming from Ethiopia then I suppose they don't worry about that too much. Get a bigger size than normal as they're on the tight side, but are wearing in fine as the canvas will eventualy stretch to the foot. Quirky, but really good value.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality of rubber sole, 8 Jan 2014
Bed quality and pretty strange and uncomfortable to go in 'cause that foot has a tendency to glide back. The rubber part of sole went off with first occasion(on three of bought pairs and on second occasion on another two pairs). I bought couple of different Solerebels model and pay approx… 7Gbp for each of them but I had experienced same problem on all of those with this "construction of sole, because that they are not glued properly(perhaps cheap glue).
I had to use super glue to fix the problem...And it worked. The shoes are definitely not worth the full price but concerning the price I paid.
The other two models are better and feels better made 'cause they used a different technic to glue rubber part of shoes. Namely they thermally processed edges of sole rubber in combination with traditional gluing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but buy a bigger size., 6 Feb 2013

I wouldn't have paid the full price though.

1.0 out of 5 stars They really are awful, 26 Jan 2013
P. Wood - See all my reviews
I bought these shoes despite their incredibly ugly design. I thought that it would be good to encourage the solerebels initiative, using recycled materials in a shoe made by some enterprising Ethiopians to allow them to make a better life for themselves.

But these shoes are outrageously poor by any measure that anyone has ever judged a shoe by.

Appearance: They're incredibly ugly.

Woeful workmanship: (a few stitches are easily over a cm apart) a child would be embarrassed to say they'd made them.

Ergonomics: are not considered all the design means it's like wearing snow shoes with a cm of sole outside beyond what's necessary to house the foot.

Quality control: the left shoe looks different from the right, even at a glance. (and you'll get plenty of those if you wear them in public)

Sizing: 12s are too small. (I usually take a 10)

You could argue they just about pass for slippers and you can say you've helped some guys who've got it tough catch a break. However I'm not sure that any company should do well because the consumer is looking at buying the product as akin to a charitable donation.

I honestly believe I could make a better shoe than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE EM...., 21 Jan 2013
I have bought 'Solerebels' before so knew the quality etc....The only thing I will say is; if you get the lace up shoes...they never fit! Awful designed heel, keeps slipping off...If you were me, stick to 'slip -ons'...and if possible order a size half a size smaller than you are...enough said....

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware sizing, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Solerebels Men's Purelovesupahkuul Remix Ed Sky Slip On (Apparel)
Just to re-enforce similar reviews from other soulrebels buyers. I am a slightly wide 10 with highish instep. Ordered 10.5.
They are small, but got them on and over the course of a few uncomfortable hours they began to give, being cotton.
But as they cost peanuts I was able to recomend my similarly footed brother a pair, but suggested 11s. These fitted fairly well and I have since bought some 12s which are a little big.. Moral of the story, order 1 - 1.5 sizes too big for your feet.
Despite all that I really like them. Nice bright colours and decently sewn. Have scotchguarded, but am not expecting to go out in the rain with them.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Too Small, 11 Jan 2013
The left shoe is smaller and very difficult to get on, it is also very uncomfortable. I know I only paid a small amount for these shoes but I did not expect to only wear them once and then have to throw them into a cupboard and not be able to wear them again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong size delivered., 21 Dec 2012
Size delivered was 42??? Not even close to size ordered. Not impressed with the execution of this order at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust Slippers, 14 Jan 2013
C. Manning "mud man" (devon,uk) - See all my reviews
The first ting i will say is that by buying these slip ons you will be helping an African community ,i found these slip ons are about 1 size perhaps more smaller than the U,K. sizing ,i also found the hole for your foot could be a tad larger but perhaps with more wear it may stretch a little .