4.0 out of 5 stars Happy memories
Published on 26 Feb 2011 by A. Greenwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but
Far too short. Should have been combined with other Brian Lawrenson travels as I read this in about an hour and felt I did not get my monies worth
Published 6 months ago by Bedoumal

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy memories, 26 Feb 2011
A. Greenwood - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Golden Road to Samarkand (Silk Road Series Book 7) (Kindle Edition)
I nearly didn't buy this book because I disliked the way the copyright page was written as a mixture of accusation and pleading. It's the first page you see in the sample. But once I'd put that behind me, I enjoyed the book very much. I made a similar trip a few years ago and this brought back many happy memories. The author says there's no fast food there, but surely he must have tried the shashlick that is constantly available alongside every road. My host lived on it exclusively. The architecture of the Tashkent metro is astonishing, but Samarkand is breathtaking. Nearly five stars, but it's a bit brief and I really didn't like the way the copyright page was written.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but, 1 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 5 Oct 2013
A really good read - very informative and also enjoyable. It gives quite a lot of background in an easy and accesible way.