Omega-3 Fish Oil: (For anyone that has heard of but don't know a great deal about Omega-3 Fish Oil, it is a form of fatty acid that comes from the tissues of oily fish. It contains the Omega-3 fatty acids, including eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic (DHA), the 2 most important fatty acids found in the fish oil. Although nuts & seeds also contain Omega-3 Oil Fatty acids, they are called alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which are not the same and not as powerful as the EPA & DHA).

Reason for buying :
I decided to buy this product because I wanted to experience some of its widely reported health benefits:

Some Health Benefits of Omega 3 Oil:
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Assists in building strong joints
- Improves skin quality
- Provides the body with a healthy dose of 'Good Fat'
- Improves mood and reduces depression
- Improves Immune system function

Reported Health Benefits after 30 days:
After taking 6 tablets daily with food (2 with breakfast, 2 with lunch & 2 with dinner), I noticed that the quality of my skin had significantly improved; it looked much cleaner, much shinier, less dry and much healthier, it was a pleasure looking in the mirror every morning!. I noticed that I felt happier, calmer and felt angry less often even in situations where I would usually blow my lid!. The product had worked very well indeed.

Can eating cooked fish supply you with sufficient Omega 3 Fish oil?:
Although the EPA and DHA are only found in cold water fish such as Salmon, Mackerel, Halibut, Sardines, Tuna and Herring, the problem with eating fish is that it contains more Saturated oil, Monounsaturated oil and Polyunsaturated oil than the Omega-3 EPA & DHA. Cooking actually lowers the amount of EPA & DHA which means that you would have to eat a significant amount of fish to obtain a reasonable amount of EPA & EPA. Not only is good quality fatty fish generally expensive but it also contains significantly more Mercury (extremely poisonous to the body) than any other food source.

It therefore makes perfect sense to take concentrated Omega-3(EPA & DHA) fish oil in tablet form, especially when they are Enteric coated (EC) and Mercury free (EC is a special coating that surrounds each capsule that protects the product from the harsh conditions in the stomach which is very acidic and has high content of Bile)

Negatives:
The only negative that I found with this product is that the product label is not transparent enough. It tells you everything you need to know apart from the most important thing which is 'How much EPA & DHA are in it?'. Although it says that each capsule contains 1,000mg of 'Fish Oil' and that 300mg of that is Total Omega 3 Fatty Acids, it just says that the EPA & DHA values are both **. I had to look it up on their website; it's actually 180mg EPA, and 120mg DHA.

Summary:
Although this product only has a normal amount of EPA & DHA, it is Mercury Free & Enteric coated. I believe that this product is good value for money when you also consider it's proven health benefits.

Verdict: Recommend at these prices - High Quality Omega-3 Fish Oil which is 'Mercury a Free & Enteric Coated'.

'Feedback - If you found any aspects of this review useful and you would like to leave feedback - please follow the link below - thanks'.
on 3 May 2015
First I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy this type of supplement online, but based on my previews shop which was a When Protein and It made me happy with buying it. I have tried this.
I am so happy with the product, no regret at all, and i would definitely recommending this.

I live in England, and the delivery took two weeks which was bad compare to my first shop which item arrived within 2 days even i chosen standard delivery.

Overall there is no negative thing about this product... Thank You Optimum Nutrition.
on 21 January 2016
One serving of Optimum Nutrition Fish Oil measured 320mg omega-3 fatty acids, consisting of 160mg EPA and 120mg DHA. Furthermore, EPA + DHA content accounted for 28% of total fish oil content, which was below average.
on 9 November 2011
It appears cheap, but the mg omega-3 fatty acid count is a bit low. 2 pills will give you a little bit under what 1 kirkland pill will give (684mg). So I am taking 2 pills a day.

On a positive note, this is the first brand where I have had no aftertaste once-so-ever.
on 7 February 2015
I have been taking fish oils for many years but always seem to not be quite as satisfied by the ones I get in my local shop. So, I searched for this and I can tell you that I really believe it helps promote better health. Fatty acids seem to be the big thing more and more so I am happy to continue taking these. The bottle goes a long way as it has more soft gels than some other ones I've purchased. The only reason I gave it a four instead of a five is that for my personal preference, the soft gels are a bit big for swallowing. But, I swallow them with a large swig of water and it goes down. I will buy them again.
on 10 April 2013
I have been having this as my fish oil supplement. In order to get an adequate Omega 3, you would have to have 3 softgels of this. I would give credits for no aftertaste effect and your burp would not contain any fish smell. Good product overall.
on 11 December 2014
5 stars for optimum nutrition fish oil. Zero after taste and amazing value for those on little money.
on 20 June 2016
Very good caps, my husbant very like it. Very happy for take it, very reccomended. Thank you
on 12 March 2014
I've not got much to say really, these have always been my favourite fish oil softgels. They're incredibly easy to swallow, and they don't taste of anything. I've been buying these for a few years and always recommend this supplement.
on 6 May 2016
Nice set of soft gels. I used these primarily for my skin as its almost always dry. I found that it also helped to make my hair nice, soft and shiney. I haven't had any adverse affects like other fish oil capsules where I would feel bloated or get stomach cramps, I've no problems at all. A great plus is that your breath won't smell like fish after taking one of these!