4.0 out of 5 stars Batteries for my EOS 550D
They charged up straight away and have not gone flat yet and I've been using them for weeks. Great product and no compatibility problems.
Published on 7 Sep 2010 by Martin Johnson

2.0 out of 5 stars no good for video
disappointed as they do what they should in terms of working in the camera and charging up but I got 2 to back up my canon 650D for shooting 'video' and each one
lasted for about 10, (30 second takes) and then died.

I've got 3 of these now and they all die very quickly if shooting in full 1920x1080p HD

They probably lean towards photographers...
Published 20 months ago by buyer1

2.0 out of 5 stars no good for video, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: Maxsimafoto® - TWIN PACK (X2) High Output, 1352mAh! Battery Pack LP-E8, LPE8 for Canon EOS 550D, 600D, 650D, EOS Rebel T2i, T3i, T4i, Kiss X4, X5. (Electronics)
lasted for about 10, (30 second takes) and then died.

They probably lean towards photographers but for video no - didn't last long enough I'm afraid.
I'm stuck with them for now and looks like I'll be doing lots of charging next week as I'm planning a long indoor shoot.

If I had to rely on these to do lengthy outdoor location work I'd be in trouble.

4.0 out of 5 stars Batteries for my EOS 550D, 7 Sep 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 10 Aug 2013
They charge fine, but have a really short battery life, not like my actual battery I got with my camera, cant complain for the price, they work ok for photos but when filming run out after 15 mins or so, just use them as really back ups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Camera, 15 Jan 2012
Mr. G. Martin (UK) - See all my reviews
As described and quite a lot less expensive than other similar products. Been using it for a few days am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet to the funky style beat, 11 July 2013
There are lots of versions of this particular type of battery and understandably many people may be cautious about buying any type other than the Canon original. Canon certainly don’t recommend any other brand and why would they? Your camera warranty may be invalidated if non-Canon brands ‘damage’ your camera through incompatible voltage, leaking, etc. But who can afford to pay the price for Canon’s brand – not me.
I’ve read all the reviews on Amazon regarding all the versions they sell and although there are some poor reviews, overall the majority of buyers are very happy, regardless of manufacturer. My first non-Canon brand purchase has a Cameron Sino logo etched on it and it works fine in my 550D and fits my Canon recharger. It has a slightly higher voltage – 7.4V (Canon is 7.2V) but the same 1120mAh (milliamp hours). So far it seems to perform similarly to Canon battery, although I haven’t done an actual comparison test. This review is about the Maxsima brand batteries and they are also 7.4V but have a higher 1352mAh. They came fully charged and I put them both in my battery grip where they also performed very well. I bought these because they were cheap, came with covers and were mostly positively reviewed on Amazon. They too, snugly fit my 550D and charger. Like other reviewers, I found that the camera battery indicator stays at ‘Full’ until it tells you to change battery – no gradual ‘charge depletion’ that you get with the Canon version. So carry a fully charged spare battery with you if you’re out and about.
If one takes the time to research the LP-E8 battery, you’ll see that Canon outsources the manufacture of their LP-E8 battery and somewhere along the line, other third party compatible batteries are produced to similar specifications, then marketed to other companies who re-brand them – thankfully at a cheaper cost.
Without a doubt, no matter what product you buy, you may have a bad experience, whether an original or a ‘copy’. For the price of these compared to Canon’s version, just go for it and I wish you a positive experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as originals., 4 Dec 2012
Adrian Kelly (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought a twin pack of these batteries before covering a wedding for some friends of mine last month. I'd originally bought them as a backup in case my two genuine Canons gave out on me but, on the day, decided to use them as a pair in my battery grip first with the Canons held in reserve in case they gave out unexpectedly. I needn't have worried, the Maxsimas lasted for the entire evening (approx 400 shots taken) without any hint of a problem. I'd bought a similar item last year (different brand) and whereas those ones never seemed to fit the charger properly these ones fit perfectly. Given the saving on the Canon spares, these represent a genuine bargain and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to any of my friends.

Update: A year on since I bought these batteries and they're still as as good as ever. I regularly use them singly or in pairs and they last just as long as my Canon originals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why would I pay more for the 'marque' units?, 4 May 2014
I bought these for my wife! No she doesn't run on batteries, they are for her camera. They arrived very quickly and work very well. I always take care when buying a cheaper version of anything for her photography. If she has trouble with it I cop the blame for all the failures! I have used compatible batteries on all my cameras and camcorders for years. I have never had any problem with them. Whether you buy compatible or 'original' (expensive!) batteries it is important to charge and discharge them fully at least twice in first use. This helps in getting the most life between charges and the longest life of the battery overall. There is a good explanation of this on the earbyanddistrictcameraclub.co.uk website on the Tech Tips page.
I recommend these Maxsima units they are as good as any and cheaper than most.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, it's a ok product., 12 Jan 2014
Hi,
i bought this because i was going on a trip for a week and i thought i needed more batteries. looking at the reviews for the product, it said different things, such as -

"the battery lasts less than the canon ones"
"it docent show the remaining battery life on the camera accurately"

They were true but i needed batteries for cheap.
They lasted me a whole day of shooting (including the Canon battery that came with my 600D).
The only thing that i had problems with was that it felt that the batteries were losing power slowly when i took them off charge.
so i charged the Canon one first then kept these ones charging till i was ready to leave the hotel.

Overall for the price it's worth if you are on a budget but if i had the money i would buy a canon branded.
I had looked at the canon branded battery on amazon but i think its a replica and not official so i would be careful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work perfectly as expected, 9 Sep 2013
Good product, really helpful during a trip in South America.
Always good more than one batteries while you're in the jungle

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for job., 25 Jun 2013
Mr. A. Anderson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Good product does job as well as original Canon battery. Supplied with protective case, ideal to slip in pocket. Twin pack a bargain.