on 24 February 2011
I already use the 2009 model. It was about time to restring it and I thought I better get a backup racket, so I purchased this one (the 2010 model). The only difference I noticed between the two is that the 2010 model is a little heavier. No much though!

This is a fantastic racket that is suitable from everyone from beginners to top level club players. I find the racket a little more suited to power than control, but that suits my game. The frame is light yet strong. My old racket had quite a few collisions with the wall and the floor and it never went out of shape. If you're used to playing with beginner rackets you'll find that the Blackstorm has an increased 'sweet spot' making the racket slightly more forgiving if you don't hit the ball with the precise centre of the racket.

All in all, a highly recommended racket.
on 29 November 2011
I've played most of my squash with Wilson Hyper Hammer raquets (or similar). But as the price of my usual raquet had risen considerably it prompted me to look around for an alternate. The Dunlop had excellent reviews.

On the positive side the raquet is light and very agile, it's very easy to whip through the wrist. The downside is that I struggled terribly to play with it in my first two games, constantly striking the ball into the ground. I've been using the raquet for several months now and I still get the occasional down hit, and it's not uncommon for a shot to feel quite flat. Perhaps this raquet has a smaller sweet spot than the Wilsons.

I wouldn't say this was a good raquet for power play. While I can strike the ball fairly hard, it seems less so than with the heavier Wilson and also less accurately (which often decreases power in itself).

I'm happy enough to continue playing with the raquet, it's not so bad that I feel the need to bin it. But I live in hope of being able to figure it out, if I don't manage to do that before it needs replacing then I will not be buying this model again.

It's a hard raquet to give a star rating too. If you can get along with it then I don't doubt that it would be an easy five star as the weigh and agility is great. But if like me, you find a lack of sweet pot and accuracy then it's going to be hard to like. 3 out of 5.
on 7 May 2011
I was hesitant to buy my next racket on line but generally choice is greater and prices cheaper. I was sent a marketing email from Amazon which included the Dunlop Blackstorm and took a gamble - very pleased I did. The first time I played with it just felt 'natural' - doesn't happen that often with new rackets but when it does you know you're on to a winner. Good weight - not too light but heavy enough to feel solid and get good power. Lovely easy to find sweet spot and also good ball control. To top it all very nice looking (picture doesn't do it justice). This racket is a perfect all rounder and I would say good for beginners as well as more experienced players. The handle may need an extra grip if you like thicker handles. Cannot recommend this enough. Took the free shipping option and still a quick delivery from Amazon too. Very happy indeed. Go on, treat yourself!
on 22 August 2014
Lovely racket to play with but the most fragile and weak piece of kit. I have had two of these rackets and on both occassions the racket broke within a couple months of purchase. First occassion was playing a boost of the wall. The second racket broke after a collision with another racket. Crap and a complete waste of money.
on 17 July 2013
It really improved my game... The head light gives extra control without losing power... Anyway it broke after a few months ... Maybe it was my fault because there were some serious wall hits... Moving on... Trying Head rackets now :)
on 11 April 2015
Hi,
I bought this racket about 4 months ago. I am an advanced player playing twice a week if not more.

At first, I was amazingly well surprised by the racket. I previously had mainly Dunlop rackets and played for years with the Rapid 135 which was great but a bit heavy. With this Titanium racket, I reached the next level very quickly. The racket is very light and I was able to do new shots like wrist shots while defending in a corner. The touch and control is amazing but lack a bit of power when my game is about power and less about tactic. Therefore my game completely change for the good. I'd give an 8/10 for control and 8 for touch but a 6-7 for power. Maybe if you restring it, you might have more power.

For me, there is a massive flip side. The racket is light but not strong. I never broke a racket in 4 years. This one, in not even 4 months, I was warming up with lunges. Hit a perfect shot that sticked the wall and on the following shot, I slightly hit the wall (not badly) and the frame broke.

I am really disappointed by this purchase and I feel it is a waste of money. After having couple of Dunlops, I bought a Tecnifibre.
on 28 December 2012
I didn't want to spend a fortune as I had only just got back into playing but had this 4 or 5 months & play twice a week so it has had a good work out (& a fair few whacks against the wall) & I am really happy with it
on 1 June 2012
Good balance between power and control

Just the right weight

Excellent choice for players of intermediate level

Very good price-quality ratio
on 24 October 2011
I bought this racket on the strength of the great reviews it got, unfortunatly I dont agree with them. I am a power player also but found myself getting killed on my serves because there is just no power. Its ok around the court otherwise but I find myself going back to my 15 year old kennex which hammers the ball around the court. I will be returning this racket as it is not as described.
on 18 September 2011
I used the racket only once since I got it, but so far it looks amazing.
Very light, good balance.
The post was very quick (2 days).

Update,
I still use this racket and after half a year I think it's a great one.
I don't have any problem at all with it.

See one answered question