5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Value
Published on 18 Sept. 2010 by Thomas Hooper

1.0 out of 5 stars doesnt fit iphone 4
i have sent this case back for a refund. It is too big for the iphone 4 and the phone can easily slip out! also the camera hole needs to be moved over slightly as it causes a reflection from the flash to show in the photos. Overall a bad purchase
Published on 14 Nov. 2010 by twlitee

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Value, 18 Sept. 2010
Thomas Hooper (Kidderminster, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Proporta iPhone 4 iPhone 4S Leather Case with Aluminum Lining - Protective High Quality Flip Cover with Magnetic Closure and Pinstripe Lining (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This case arrived the day after I ordered it for my iPhone 4 - a couple of days before the phone itself arrived! It ticks all the boxes; my phone fits perfectly into the case and I haven't experienced any issues with it being loose or even shooting out of the case, as some users have reported. It offers spectacular coverage of my phone, solves the reception problem, and makes it much easier to grip. At first I was worried about the chunky look, but there's nothing as reassuring as seeing my precious phone safe in this case, and it fits snugly into the pocket of my jeans - very easy to take out. The magnetic lid offers very good protection and doesn't even open if I hold it up in the air by the flap alone. The only problem I can name is with the iPhone's main button, which the case covers over. It takes considerable effort to push this button now, but once you get used to it, it's perfect. For the price, I would recommend this over any "luxury" or "designer" case on the market at three times the cost - it does exactly the same job.

== EDIT ==

I thought it would be appropriate to add something to this review, almost a year and a half after purchasing the case - I recently bought a second of these for another iPhone and the design appears to have changed a little since my original review. The foam padding in the back of the case and its front flap feels substantially thicker than the old design, offering greater protection. The part in which the iPhone sits is different too, it is now fairly rigid whereas this part on the old design moved around. All in all I'd say the redesign has added to the already superb protection offered by this case. Additionally, the problem with the home button being too difficult to press is now resolved. The only fault I can find is that the holding part does cover the left and right edges of the screen somewhat, making it difficult for someone like me to access primarily the 'P' key when typing on the keypad.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesnt fit iphone 4, 14 Nov. 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars Badly designed. Beautifully made. 3 reasons why..., 16 Nov. 2010
D. Henry (UK) - See all my reviews
iPhone4 users should be aware of three major design flaws, which let down what is otherwise a very well made case:

1. The case endlessly sets off voice control! -- The menu button is covered by a squidgy blip built into a leather panel, which then fits neatly into the recessed menu button. It is comfy and easy to use I grant you. However, it also causes the button to be pressed if the case is squeezed in any way e.g. in a pocket. This means Voice Control gets activated endlessly while in pockets and bags, often dialling numbers at random. Arrrgh! There is no way to disable the voice control feature without hacking the phone. Believe me I've tried.

2. The leather cut out for the camera is 3mm too high for the iphone4 camera position -- causing the edge of the leather to appear in frame. To avoid this you have to juggle and stretch the case to keep it out of the way, which doesn't make taking photos easy.

3. The edge of the screen is surrounded by leather edges which get in the way -- these are part of the interior you insert it into. These get in the way of your fingers at the edge of the screen e.g. using edge scrolling such in address book. Still works OK, just keep hitting leather which is annoying.

This is a very well made mistake. I love the magnetic cover but the above points are deal breakers. Avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, 17 Nov. 2011
Angelo "RHtonyflowCP" (Crawley, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've always had a hard time selecting the best phone cases, just because the market is jam packed with so much of a selection. But just going on the reputation Porporta have with their designs and product quality, I decided that taking the plunge into their waters would probably be wiser than falling for some brands I hadn't heard of before.

The case a stylish black robust leather case. It has a strong and sturdy aluminium internal shell and then has a soft leather padded exterior.

The top that goes over the screen is for me the most important part as the screen stands to be the main functionality of a smartphone. So ultimate protection needs to be guaranteed. It it falls short in that department, then it is recommended that you look elsewhere. But the Proporta is 100% there in support. A solid aluminium sleet with an outlined soft leather. A perfect combination to prevent scratches and cracks.

The fit is spot on. Any fit issues that might have been before have been duly noted and is definitely not an issue now. 100% snug fit.

The lid is magnetic rather than velcro and provides easy access as well as a quick closed snap.

I've only had this case for a couple of days, so durability cannot be commented on, but everything else in terms of protection, fit, style and usability superb.

For the price, it stands to be very worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of iphone case, 26 Sept. 2010
I consider the case to be high quality, attractive and fits my iphone very well. The camera apertures are clearly visible when the phone is in the case. I have not experienced any signal loss whilst using the case.
I have had the case for 2 1/2 years and it is wearing very well and still in excellent condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case for iPhone 4S, 21 Dec. 2011
This arrived before by new iPhone 4S, so delivery was good. The case looks great (particularly with white iPhone). Let me assure you the phone will not fall out of the case, so I assume Proporta have addressed that problem. In fact its pretty difficult to get it out to put in my iPod dock, but seems to be loosening up a bit now. It will never 'fall' out!

I dropped the phone on the train station floor with the case open and no damage to the phone or case.

My only gripes are 1: The small bits of case (straps) at the bottom, partially cover the iPhone 4S speakers, though I haven't determined if this has a negative effect in the sound quality when playing something over the speakers. 2: If you are a prolific texter, the case does slightly obscure the very left and right hand edges of the keyboard, but I've adapted my fingers to work around that and if I have a lot to type I'd slip the phone out of the case anyway, or go landscape.

I'm a lover of luxury goods and I have quite high standards. This case looks the business, is not too bulky, protects the phone, provides quick and easy access to the front screen, and all for a reasonable price. I would definatley buy the same case again.

5.0 out of 5 stars ...best iPhone case ever!, 20 Sept. 2010
I am very pleased with this product - very functional, very durable and very classy!Definitely worth the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine Case, 10 Sept. 2010
I was initially uncertain following some of the reviews on here, but the faults seemed aged so I though I would give it a try.
Fast delivery and wholly delighted with case. I initially noticed the bottom straps partly obscuring the mic and speaker - but they have to be positioned as such as to allow the charge/sync cable to attach correctly and as another reviewer has said this does not seem to effect sound or mic adversely.
Best case I have had (and be assured I had a few!!)
Actually when you look at it closely you wonder how they make it for the price!

2.0 out of 5 stars Diet Needed, 7 Oct. 2010
Just a word of warning ! A beautiful case with one major flaw. It has to be said that when the phone is in this really nice leather case it is well protected and looks great. However the case is just to big for the I-Phone 4 and if you flip it open with the top of the case pointing anywhere but UP the phone just slides out onto the floor ! Looks 10/10 - Functionality 1/10 (case returned for a refund)

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks pretty at first but don't be fooled, 10 April 2012
Having seen mixed reviews for this product I thought I'd hold off on leaving one until I had seen how long-lasting it was. The answer is not at all. After a month or two, the lining at the hole for the camera started to tear away, meaning I had to take the camera out of the case to take a photo. A month after that, the leather started to stretch, meaning that the phone wasn't secure and someone picking it up carelessly when the lid wasn't down could see the phone fly across the room. The leather also began to tear from the metal there, potentially scratching the screen. Finally, the two leather holds on the bottom have now broken, four months after purchase. This of course makes the case completely useless as the phone just slides out the bottom, I was lucky that it landed on a soft surface or I would be looking at a broken phone. For what it's worth, the aluminium lining at the front is good and I have had no problem with the magnet, but I bought this more expensive case thinking it would be more durable and it just isn't.