on 18 April 2013
The Freiburg Baroque Orchestra gives an assured and polished account of the set of pieces that are one of the highlights of Telemann's fine music. Excellent, realistic recording quality, too.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have one other complete performance of the Tafelmusik and one of exerpts but of the three I think I like this one best. The comparisons I have done are against: August Wenzinger with Schola Cantorum Basiliensis. I think this recording is discontinued as a single album but (excerpts) are available in this Archiv box set.. The other is Pieter-Jan Belder with Musica Amphion's performance, which appears in the Telemann Edition box set. Of these three, I would say this one is the winner as I find Freiburger Barockorchester's performance the most lively and exciting and most to my taste.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again