on 7 April 2013
Very happy with this brush cleaner. Especially on my foundation brushes it does SUCH a better job than any previous brush shampoo (or conventional shampoo/baby shampoo) and really gives a fabulous deep clean. I strongly recommend this to anyone for use once a week on at least your foundation brush for proper hygiene as I was a wee bit shocked at the difference it makes! Also makes the bristles feel lovely, pliable, smooth and better than new again.

A few notes regarding some criticisms I've seen here in the reviews:

*It will leave a greasy film on the brush if it's not rinsed out properly. This cleaner is designed to be used and then MUST be rinsed out thoroughly. You absolutely cannot leave it in. Perhaps this is also a cause of damage.
*Do not leave your brushes to soak in it for an extended period of time. Don't fill up a cup and set the brushes down for a few hours. Again, I imagine this could cause damage.
*I use a few drops on an old saucer and work the brush in it till it's clean. A few drops will easily clean all of my eye brushes, but powder brushes soak up a bit more of the cleaner and will absorb up a few drops on their own. I tend to shampoo my blush and powder brushes then just give them a treatment with this cleaner once every 2 weeks for a really good cleanse.

Overall one bottle lasted me for about 2 months, using it 2-3 times a week on eye brushes (about 6) and 2-3 times a week on my foundation & concealer brush. As above, only every 2 weeks for my 4 denser brushes. But I think for £5, this is still pretty decent value and I wouldn't want to be without it now. It does a way better job than previous products I've tried.

Finally I must add that I only use cruelty free synthetic brushes, no real fur/hair. My review should therefore be considered potentially unreliable for non-synthetics, e.g. most MAC brushes etc.
on 16 November 2011
this product works! it cleans all my brushes and leave them feeling like new.
specially the one i use for gel eye-liner.
I will be buying this again when mine it's over
on 13 March 2015
Having used this product before with no issues I'm really disappointed and annoyed that it has ruined my Elf stipple brush as per my photo. The bristles started coming out whilst I was cleaning my brush using this product and then the whole brush head came out!
review image
on 25 August 2011
This product cleaned my brushes really well, and the price is fantasti, especially compared to other brush cleaners like the MAC one. The delivery was super fast, very impressed.
on 1 February 2012
Quick Delivery. Exactly what was described. Cleans brushes very well and extends the life of manky looking brushes. This product is great for cleaning brushes especially if you have acne as bacteria can breed on brushes.
on 13 August 2014
This is complete waste of time and money. I used to buy Shu Uemura's brush cleaner which works great but very pricey so I thought i would give this one a try. The cleaner does clean make up from your brushes effectively, the problem only comes afterwards - it leaves your brush head in a thick coat of oil. Obviously you can't apply make up with the oil on the brush (not sure if the oil is safe for skin, even if it is, think of the breakouts, germs etc). What's more annoying is that the oil doesn't come off by just washing it a couple of times, you need to properly washit in soap or shampoo. But the thing is - I could have washed off the make-up with soap or shampoo in the first place! (which you didn't want to do as it ruins your brushes). So it's a total waste of product and time.
on 4 April 2012
This product is fantastic. It cleans brushes in minutes making them feel soft and new. comes with easy to follow instructions on the back of the bottle. Medium sized bottle but you don't really need alot at a time so should give a good few cleans.
on 6 June 2016
This is dreadful I have been so happy with my new Brushes for months washed them properly and took care of them. I came across this product and I thought I'd give it a go. I've read all the instructions how to use it how long to keep it in the liquid and followed as stated. Yes it did wash my brushes however the oily consistency and the horrible petrol smell was not the only problem I have had come across the fact that I lost 3 of my most used brushes due to this products bad quality as I've never had any problems with any other makeup cleaning products this is so unfortunate as I can't get those brushes back now. Disappointing!
review image
on 28 December 2015
I just dont know where to start..
I initially gave it one star..but I think that it does melt makeup off my brushes..although there are a few points that I have to talk about:
1. This is too expensive for how big this bottle is..so i eas hoping for this to be more effective than it appears to be. it works better with removing eyeshadow from my brushes than foundation (which is VERY difficult to remove). To be honest this is the main reason I buy a Professional Cosmetic Brush cleaner : to remove foundation from within the bristles of my brushes...; eyeshadow or even concealer its easy to remove even with soap and water.
2. The amount you get is not enough too last you too long and you also pay quite a lot for the quality of this product..
As it says..its professional, so based on this i decided to buy it thinking it will dissolve foundation easily and it would be a strong effective formula.. But it doesnt seem to be.
if you are someone that takes care of your hygiene and clean your brushes at the end of each week or lets say two weeks..than this product wont last you very long.
I even tried to combine it with water but also used this on its own...I still had to really try and remove the heavy charge with foundation from within the bristles of my brushes..
Well, maybe its me and i ask too much from something that it claims to do a professional job ..you get it and judge for yourself..and then let us know how you do it if you have more success with it.

I also want to add that I have the Nivea Daily Eye Make Up Remover (the dark blue one) and it MELTS foundation from my brushes better than this stuff here.
Im thinking to buy a separate bottle and use it as a brush cleaner !! Thats how good that is
on 31 October 2011
Strictly Professional cosmetic brush cleaner is just as good if not better than some of the more expensive products on the market.