4.6 out of 5 stars1,254
Style Name: C270 Webcam|Change
Price:£19.99+ Free shipping

on 8 November 2010
Opened the box, loaded the software and have been watching hd video quality from then on. At the price its been brilliant for video calling taking vids of my grandchildren, and all sorts of fun things. Sound quality is excellent, Skype chats with Australia and Canada have been fantastic so much so my mates out there have all invested in the C270
0Comment|142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2010
The Image and Sound quality on this camera are fantastic. I didn't quite believe they could be as good as the reviews for the price of £17.99 .. they are. Previously I had a webcam from Tesco for around £8 to say this one is a lot better is an understatement. Don't go cheaper and don't waste money on more expensive. GET THIS ONE. I have already recommended this to 2 other people who have bought it after seeing its quality and almost everyone I've Skyped has remarked on how good the picture and sound are. I would say this would be a good buy for £20 for £17.99 its a steal.
on 13 January 2011
Before I buy anything I look through all the customer reviews and find them very informative. I must admit, this is the first review I have done, but I am so happy with the Logitech C270 that I thought I would give something back to future buters. I hope this helps people to decide which webcam to buy.

I have had an old Logitech webcam for many years, but the video using Skype was never that good, and my kids said I should throw it away and upgrade to a later model. I started to surf the net for the best reviews of webcams and came down to the Logitech HD C270 as being the best at a very reasonable price. I did like the Rightlight feature, as I have very bad lighting conditions, and the clarity and exposure is superb. It took about 3 minutes to install with no glitches whatsoever - that makes a change !!! For anyone looking for a high definition web cam at a very good price, then look no further and buy one the C270 from Amazon, you won't be disappointed. Best of luck.
44 comments|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 November 2010
Image quality is quite superior in comparison to some other makes in the price range.

Movement is almost 100% in sinc. The sound is clear and sufficiently loud. It has auto focus, a must-have, I reckon!
(A word of advice: - See that it is attached with a lump of blu-tac as it's prone to falling off the computer fairly easily).

Unfortunately, the avatars and face accessories appear to present installation problems on one's computer.
They either won't instal at all or if they do, won't work. The problem or at least part of it, appears to be the file type. Some computers and editing tools don't recognise it although having said that, I did manage to get just 3 avatars and 2 face accessories to work on my Vista OS desktop and I still can't figure out how these function OK yet all my other choices won't even instal.

I'm still struggling to get them working on my Vista OS laptop and Win 7 OS netbook, though.

Nonetheless, I still recommend this webcam. Amazon offers the cheapest price that I've come across after doing a fair amount of surfing.
22 comments|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2011
When my prehistoric webcam finally died on me I was a bit dubious about updating it because I am something of a technophobe. When I was browsing I got muddled up with all the different makes and styles et cetera and it was one of my computer geek friends that flagged this one for me. Given that my previous webcam was about eight years old I was worried that I'd struggle using this one but I've found it to be extremely user friendly. The quality of the video is fantastic, (perhaps a little TOO good if you're like me and get the odd spot every now and again,) and it's very reasonably priced- buy it from amazon not the official logitech website because you save about a fiver. I also like the fact that it's small and compact which is great if you're like me and do a lot of travelling. The software is very easy to install and you can be using it in less than an hour after opening your package. Probably the best purchase I have made so far this year!
on 11 April 2012
This webcam is very good in picture quality when only installed on my computer with the drivers. The problem that I have had with it is when it is installed with the software package that comes with it. When installed and opened it freezes the computer screen making me force a restart,this has happened a few times so I have just uninstalled the software package and left only the drivers on my computer and have had no problems since.I recommend a custom install where you can pick which elements of the package you want,just the drivers will let the webcam work on MSN messenger. It is a shame that Logitech has not done anything about this as it is a known problem. I am running it on Windows 7 64 bit.
88 comments|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2011
I was just looking for a decent webcam that gave a decent high-quality picture for Skype calls. No fancy apps, no super-high-res quality to consume my bandwidth.

As it goes, the Logitech is great for this - I've just used the WinXP plug'n'play drivers, and haven't installed the Logitech additional drivers or software, and it works fine. The camera is small enough to fit in my 'stuff' bag alongside iphone charger and the like.

My only gripe is that the mounting of the camera on the screen is quite precarious, and although it doesn't fall off like you'd expect, I''d prefer it to be more secure.
on 5 August 2010
Bought this webcam to go along with my mac mini entertainment setup. I can confirm that the camera works on the mac with no issues, just plug it in and away you go. Logitech states that the mac os is not supported and the supplied software will not work. However, I've tried it successfully with Photobooth and Skype. Below are my inital thoughts:

The Good:
- Really small profile. This looks much better than the old ball type of webcams
- Good build quality. Feels solid and well built, and secure atop my flatscreen tv
- High camera resolution and excellent picture. The HD really does make a difference
- Internal microphone works from a distance. I'm using it from 8 feet away with no voice quality issues

The Bad:
- No official mac support. C'mon Logitech, get with the program. For whatever reason Logitech feels that mac owners only require the most expensive (and highest margin) products. Their only "supported" HD webcam is the 9000 Pro which is almost 3x the price of the C270. This camera works fine on the mac, if only Logitech would decide to throw together some software for it

The Ugly:
- Nothing at all. Very happy with the purchase and in my opinion, great value for the money
66 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2010
I bought this camera for a friend of mine, mainly for Skype use. After setting up the camera which was fairly easy, we made that Skype video call and were blown away with the picture quality. As I witnessed the use of the camera just once, I can not go into greater detail about it. All in all in my opinion the camera is well worth the money, as Logitech seems to continue delivering good products at fair prices. Just about to order another one, for the same guy!

As for delivery, thumbs up- super quick!
on 30 December 2011
As a gift to my father, I expected more from Logitech. The Logitech C270 HD webcam is to be used on his PC with Skype, to keep in contact during a planned holiday in Canada. When the software is loaded from the Logitech CD the computer crashes! I uninstalled & re-installed the software, again with the same result! When searching for some explanation for the problem on the web, I find that it seems to be a common issue - yet Logitech do not appear to be addressing the matter or advising their customers of the problem.
The only way I have been able to use the webcam, is to use it without loading the software & use the plug & play feature of Windows XP. The webcam works OK with Skype & no PC crashes. The webcam works OK but using only basic functions & no other program features that the package is supposed to include - so I'm not impressed & will be avoiding Logitech products if they continue to introduce flawed software into the marketplace.