4.0 out of 5 stars Logitech C2070 HD Webcam
Published on 11 Jun 2011 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good webcam but software crashes computer.
Published on 11 April 2012 by Cenydd

4.0 out of 5 stars Logitech C2070 HD Webcam, 11 Jun 2011
This review is from: Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black (Personal Computers)
When my prehistoric webcam finally died on me I was a bit dubious about updating it because I am something of a technophobe. When I was browsing I got muddled up with all the different makes and styles et cetera and it was one of my computer geek friends that flagged this one for me. Given that my previous webcam was about eight years old I was worried that I'd struggle using this one but I've found it to be extremely user friendly. The quality of the video is fantastic, (perhaps a little TOO good if you're like me and get the odd spot every now and again,) and it's very reasonably priced- buy it from amazon not the official logitech website because you save about a fiver. I also like the fact that it's small and compact which is great if you're like me and do a lot of travelling. The software is very easy to install and you can be using it in less than an hour after opening your package. Probably the best purchase I have made so far this year!

4.0 out of 5 stars High end product, 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black (Personal Computers)
Image quality is quite superior in comparison to some other makes in the price range.

Movement is almost 100% in sinc. The sound is clear and sufficiently loud. It has auto focus, a must-have, I reckon!
(A word of advice: - See that it is attached with a lump of blu-tac as it's prone to falling off the computer fairly easily).

Unfortunately, the avatars and face accessories appear to present installation problems on one's computer.
They either won't instal at all or if they do, won't work. The problem or at least part of it, appears to be the file type. Some computers and editing tools don't recognise it although having said that, I did manage to get just 3 avatars and 2 face accessories to work on my Vista OS desktop and I still can't figure out how these function OK yet all my other choices won't even instal.

I'm still struggling to get them working on my Vista OS laptop and Win 7 OS netbook, though.

Nonetheless, I still recommend this webcam. Amazon offers the cheapest price that I've come across after doing a fair amount of surfing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality video from my Logitech C270, 8 Nov 2010
This review is from: Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black (Personal Computers)
Opened the box, loaded the software and have been watching hd video quality from then on. At the price its been brilliant for video calling taking vids of my grandchildren, and all sorts of fun things. Sound quality is excellent, Skype chats with Australia and Canada have been fantastic so much so my mates out there have all invested in the C270

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Image and Sound quality, 19 Dec 2010
This review is from: Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black (Personal Computers)
The Image and Sound quality on this camera are fantastic. I didn't quite believe they could be as good as the reviews for the price of £17.99 .. they are. Previously I had a webcam from Tesco for around £8 to say this one is a lot better is an understatement. Don't go cheaper and don't waste money on more expensive. GET THIS ONE. I have already recommended this to 2 other people who have bought it after seeing its quality and almost everyone I've Skyped has remarked on how good the picture and sound are. I would say this would be a good buy for £20 for £17.99 its a steal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant and first class delivery - as always, 13 Jan 2011
This review is from: Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black (Personal Computers)
Before I buy anything I look through all the customer reviews and find them very informative. I must admit, this is the first review I have done, but I am so happy with the Logitech C270 that I thought I would give something back to future buters. I hope this helps people to decide which webcam to buy.

I have had an old Logitech webcam for many years, but the video using Skype was never that good, and my kids said I should throw it away and upgrade to a later model. I started to surf the net for the best reviews of webcams and came down to the Logitech HD C270 as being the best at a very reasonable price. I did like the Rightlight feature, as I have very bad lighting conditions, and the clarity and exposure is superb. It took about 3 minutes to install with no glitches whatsoever - that makes a change !!! For anyone looking for a high definition web cam at a very good price, then look no further and buy one the C270 from Amazon, you won't be disappointed. Best of luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, good quality, 4 Jan 2011
This review is from: Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black (Personal Computers)
I was just looking for a decent webcam that gave a decent high-quality picture for Skype calls. No fancy apps, no super-high-res quality to consume my bandwidth.

As it goes, the Logitech is great for this - I've just used the WinXP plug'n'play drivers, and haven't installed the Logitech additional drivers or software, and it works fine. The camera is small enough to fit in my 'stuff' bag alongside iphone charger and the like.

My only gripe is that the mounting of the camera on the screen is quite precarious, and although it doesn't fall off like you'd expect, I''d prefer it to be more secure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Webcam I've seen yet!, 29 Mar 2011
This review is from: Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black (Personal Computers)
I've a lot of webcams over the years, but this one is by far the best.

It is incredibly easy to install, and once it's up and running has great sound and picture quality.

And then you have all the great extras, like "follow my face" facial recognition and the very easy to use "advanced" control panel... or you could simply tick the 2 boxes for sound and video, and it does it all automatically!

Overall point is... Buy this webcam!, you won't be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good webcam but software crashes computer., 11 April 2012
This review is from: Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black (Personal Computers)
This webcam is very good in picture quality when only installed on my computer with the drivers. The problem that I have had with it is when it is installed with the software package that comes with it. When installed and opened it freezes the computer screen making me force a restart,this has happened a few times so I have just uninstalled the software package and left only the drivers on my computer and have had no problems since.I recommend a custom install where you can pick which elements of the package you want,just the drivers will let the webcam work on MSN messenger. It is a shame that Logitech has not done anything about this as it is a known problem. I am running it on Windows 7 64 bit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little webcam, 13 April 2011
This review is from: Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black (Personal Computers)
I would thoroughly recommend this webcam. It feels sturdy and well built with a great form factor and decent software. Worked first time and gives good picture. The resolution wasn't quite as good as the sensationalist marketing suggested it was. Bear in mind this is a 720p camera. In particular it struggled with direct sunlight so only 4 stars, however it is head and shoulders above average webcams in the same situation so i guess i am being picky. Even professional camera's can struggle with this. Another cool feature is that it can be set to follow your face (it pans and zooms) which is useful if it is on top of your TV in a big room.

Nice long lead with velcro strap which helps keep things tidy when using with a laptop.

Honestly for around £15-20 you can't do much better. Just buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars First impressions are good, 5 Aug 2010
This review is from: Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black (Personal Computers)
Bought this webcam to go along with my mac mini entertainment setup. I can confirm that the camera works on the mac with no issues, just plug it in and away you go. Logitech states that the mac os is not supported and the supplied software will not work. However, I've tried it successfully with Photobooth and Skype. Below are my inital thoughts:

The Good:
- Really small profile. This looks much better than the old ball type of webcams
- Good build quality. Feels solid and well built, and secure atop my flatscreen tv
- High camera resolution and excellent picture. The HD really does make a difference
- Internal microphone works from a distance. I'm using it from 8 feet away with no voice quality issues

The Bad:
- No official mac support. C'mon Logitech, get with the program. For whatever reason Logitech feels that mac owners only require the most expensive (and highest margin) products. Their only "supported" HD webcam is the 9000 Pro which is almost 3x the price of the C270. This camera works fine on the mac, if only Logitech would decide to throw together some software for it

The Ugly:
- Nothing at all. Very happy with the purchase and in my opinion, great value for the money

Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black