1,679 Reviews
 (1,166)

4.0 out of 5 stars 3D Makes it a better film
I purchased this at HMV due to promising a movie night at my house and unfortunately my Amazon purchase did not arrive on time (yet - Royal Mail issue?), but this is exactly the same film - therefore is not an Amazon verified purchase.

Like I always say, I am dubious of reviews before the product is released as I do not feel this is a true representation of...
Published on 24 Oct 2012 by Mr. Russell A. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, but special edition on the way...
Ok so the film we all know about, how can you not? Personally I expected to dislike it given the enormous amount of hype that went with it, but in actual fact I thought it was an amazing film, dazzling, exciting, well acted, great effects and an immersive adventure, which whilst simple in story was perfect in execution. The Blu-Ray disc is pretty much going to be the...
Published on 26 April 2010 by Deckard

‹ Previous | 1159 160 161168 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, 16 Mar 2010
L. O'Riordan (Billericay, Essex) - See all my reviews
I won't go into a review of the film as we all know lots about that already. What I will say is make sure you know what you're buying before ordering this. According to Jon Landau the makers of Avatar wanted to offer us "something really special" and fill the Blu Ray disk with the highest quality sound and video possible. In fairness the sound will be SuperBit, if you have kit capable of handling that, but there will be absolutely NO extras in the package. Predictably they will be offering an Ultimate package in November so it looks like they're rushing this out to benefit from the hype and they hope that people will double dip later in the year.

This was only announced yesterday so maybe things will change but with only a month to go I doubt it. If you can wait buy it in November but if you must buy this version check out how much of the 50GB capacity it has used and if there is more than a few Gigabytes free question whether you really want to give these kind of people more of your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars giant smurfs!, 31 Mar 2010
Ap Nj Dorrall "nicky0512" (plymouth,devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
Am i the only in quite possibly the whole world who didn't think much of this movie. Yes the graphics are good, i didn't think much of the 3d version, only that i paid more for it in the cinema & to be honest, the story line was not really anything new & exciting. We'll probably get the DVD, because my son enjoyed the movie enough to see it twice. i might wait until it's sold second hand & get it cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 16 Jan 2010
Mr. J. Hall (UK) - See all my reviews
This film is awesome in so many ways... it's a visual feast, it has a touching story and amazing set pieces.

you need to own this if you like movies it's that simple.

1.0 out of 5 stars Style but no substance, 27 Mar 2010
A. Nicoll (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
Visually very good, shame they forgot how to tell a story. Painfully boring and predicatable. Does not live up to the hype.

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing Book and Art Cards, 3 Dec 2011
Was disappointed, had to return Avatar Steelbook collection as only DVD turned up. The book and art cards were missing. Although the day after I bought it Amazon had withdrawn from sale to look into customer queries about missing items. I returned for a refund and was also sent an email from Amazon letting me know about the problem. It seems the manufacture didn't send the complete set on all the orders to Amazon. You would think that Amazon would have checked supplies when they received them. I expect quite a few will have been returned from the Black Friday deals.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 30 May 2010
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
This guy should not be alowed onto amazon. product never seen. i dont know how people like this get away with it. it is shocking.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing for me, 6 May 2010
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
Did not know what to expect of this film because of all the hype, looked forward to it but was let down, It did not do it for me I am afraid, I cannot understad why I have heard it took 25yrs in the making, WHY ? The theme song by Leona Lewis was the best thing for me, I thought is was truly magic, but you have to buy the album to get it, crafty move but I wont on principle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 2 May 2010
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
Basically, total dross! 2 and a half hours of a non-story line. Admittedly the effects are good, but that's about it.

1.0 out of 5 stars UUuuugh, 20 July 2010
This review is from: Avatar (DVD + Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
I saw this in 3D and while it was impressive as the movie proceeded I didn't notice it.
I bought it on Bluray + DVD thought i might enjoy the film 2nd time around. I was wrong it is almost annoying for all the reasons in the other 1 star reviews.
One point I will mention is that considering the blue peeps are so peace loving how come they have so many "brave mighty Waryors (warriors)"

1.0 out of 5 stars Pomising yet not recieved, 30 May 2010
Mr. T. Paterson (Largs,Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
Looking forward to getting this legendary film and I was supprised to gain a bargen with second hand issues.
I sent my money and awaited with high anticipation, only to not recieve my copy a long time after its delivery date. In sending mail to the seller and not hearing anything back at all.
It was a loss of money and a big loss of anticipation of a copy of a classic film.

‹ Previous | 1159 160 161168 | Next ›