5.0 out of 5 stars asus transformer extension
I purchased this item to use as an extension to the very short charging lead supplied with the Asus Eee pad Transformer, I can confirm it works perfectly and indeed it is blue
Published on 20 July 2011 by mr david webb

3.0 out of 5 stars USB not-quite-3.0
I've got two USB 3 devices - a memory card reader and an external HDD. Both will reach speeds of over 90MB/s when directly connected to my PC.

Published 19 months ago by sploo

5.0 out of 5 stars asus transformer extension, 20 July 2011
This review is from: 2M USB 3.0 Extension Cable, Genuine CPO Branded Product (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 18 Mar 2011
P. Norman (Wales) - See all my reviews
I bought this in the hope that it would allow me to connect my usb 3.0 portable drive (WD My Passport Essential SE), to the rear port without the faff each time.

Thankfully it works and powers the drive fine. I had a write speed of 61mbps for the vast majority of a 250gb copy of files, ranging from 57-63mbps probably depending upon file sizes.

5.0 out of 5 stars DOES work for Asus Transformer., 15 July 2011
Not quite sure how user error becomes a factor with plugging in a cable, but despite the previous user's comment, this works perfectly fine to extend the power of my Asus Transformer by plugging the extension cable into the Asus plug power supply, and then plugging the Asus charging cable into the extension. Charges my tablet no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for EeePad Transformer Tablet, 3 Aug 2011
Like some other reviewers I bought this to extend the silly, short power lead supplied with the Asus EeePad Transformer tablet. It has to be a USB 3.0 lead to achieve this. Works perfectly and I'm happy it is blue to remind me it is dedicated to one purpose only! Incredible fast delivery from this supplier and a bargain price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Asus Tab, 29 July 2011
I used standard delivery. Ordered on a Thursday, delivered on Friday: very impressive. I ordered this to extend the usb power lead for my Asus Eee Transformer Tab, and it works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it does have USB 3 speeds, 5 Jun 2011
L. Shao (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for the WD My Passport Essential (which btw, has a ridiculously short proprietary cable). I get reads/writes of 60-70MB/s so I can conclude that the cable works.
Guess that's all you wanted to know really!

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and does the job, 7 Aug 2013
MJ Willis (UK) - See all my reviews
Why pay inflated prices at PC World etc, fast free delivery too - what's not to like!? Does what it says on the tin!

3.0 out of 5 stars USB not-quite-3.0, 9 Sep 2012
sploo (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews

The USB 3 sockets on the PC aren't that accessible however, so I bought this extension cable. Unfortunately, with the extra cable, devices usually appear to only connect at USB 2 speeds (the HDD only once gave me >30MB/s). Either the cable is a little dodgy or its length means the PC and devices must be negotiating a slower speed.

So, this is a working extension cable, but in my experience it's mostly only giving me USB 2 speeds. I'm going to look for a higher quality (and shorter) cable in the hope that'll work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed this cable, 2 Nov 2013
No longer need to crawl in behind my PC to attach any USB 3.0 devices
This cable will save my back and I will no longer have to use the f-words
Connect the cable and you can happily plug in any USB 3.0 devices, perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars annoying, 6 Feb 2014
The price was good and the delivery was good and I was initially pleased but on use i have discovered it to be truly annoying. The trouble is it does not make a decent connection and the keyboard I had plugged into it keeps connecting and disconnecting repeatedly going ding every time. Sometimes you can fiddle with it and it works for a while but then one slight movement of the cable and its ding, ding ding, ding well you get the picture. In fairness to the company I have not complained to them so they may have replaced it I just didn't get round to it however they did send me an email asking me to do a review good or bad so here it is.

ARRAY(0xa9bdb7d4)