TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 September 2011
Having recently purchased a new LG smart TV with no built in Wi-Fi, I was tempted to purchase this network adapter, and I am so pleased I did.

My TV did not have built in Wi-Fi albeit it had both a LAN and USB port - so I could have decided to link to the internet by wired or non-wired means. I chose the latter.

The point about LG smart TVs is that to get the most out of them, you have to be able to connect to the internet. There is a whole new world of LG apps, internet and ways of interacting with your iPad, phone, desktop and laptop. You can also use your internet connection to download new TV software as and when it becomes available.

I was up and running within minutes. You simply connect the device to a spare USB port on your TV, it looks for an available wireless network, and you simply connect. Off you go!

Highly recommended.
0Comment|148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 October 2011
Good product, purchased it for my LG 42" 3D Smart TV, plug it in and it finds your wireless network, give it the password and away you go.
on 6 July 2012
I have just bought this product from Richer sounds (they price matched amazon). If you have any problem setting this up try using a USB extension lead (Amazon do them cheaply for about one pound) It works better if the stick is not plugged directly into the TV. The extension lead seems to allow the stick to pick up a stronger signal from household wi-fi.
on 23 June 2011
I am sure there are cheaper options but this device works perfectly.
The TV recognised it immediately. I followed screen instructions and it soon connected.
I would recommend this product.
on 25 September 2012
Got this for my LG 3D TV and it picked up my BT Infinity hub right away, all I had to do was enter my wireless key and it was up and running in no time. It has a good strong signal and works well with my PC. I would definitely recommend this dongle for all LG 3D smart TV's. I ordered it on Friday and it arrived next day.
on 22 November 2012
Works very well considering my poor broadband speed, any minor occasional connection problems occur on my laptop and if connected with a cable (so nothing to do with dongle). Fits very well on side of TV (via USB socket) without protruding past edge. Overall I am very happy with it and delivery was very prompt and well packaged.
on 21 September 2011
i am using it with my LG 47LW650T. i did not read the manual (the one that came with tv) so had to fiddle with it a little bit to install and get a connection. my router is upstairs and there is no problem connecting now. only on day one it was a bit slow. i disconnected it and put it back in the usb port and it has been working fine. glad i bought it. im using the LG tv app on my smartphone to navidate the smart TV features like web and bbc iplayer and it is brilliant.
on 1 July 2012
Hi Guys,
Used with LG LM4762OT Smart 3D TV.
Received this in 2-3 days of ordering as expected via Recoreded delivery, arrived in good condition. I plugged it in, connected via the TV settings to my BT Infinity hub very easily. I have not had a chance to really put it through its paces as such, but loading up google & BBCiplayer etc. from the TV was a matter of seconds, so looks like it is going to do exactly what is needed.
As the TV is new also, I still need to read the instructions to find out the full online potential of the TV itself, you know how it is! Anyway so far so good, I am sure the other half will be giving me her opinion once she knows it can access FB, but that will have to be another review, lol!
All appears to be very good so far, Thanks
on 12 February 2011
This product is great, and does exactly what it says it will. However the features it brings to your LG TV at the minute are a little disappointing. The iPlayer from the BBC is great but everything else seems to take ages to load up what you ask it to do such as the next 10 albums to chose music from, or going up a level on when browsing your PC's media.

Do not use the Nero software that comes with it. It is the worst bit of kit I have ever tried to work with. Just do a search for media streaming software and you should find a few good free ones.

If I had the choice to buy this again, I would wait for more content to be released on Netcast.
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2012
I bought the dongle to connect my LG TV to the internet and home media server. I'd previously had it connected through a powerline adapter but this item failed and a dongle was the cheaper alternative replacement.

The protocol and security set-up was simple and completed in a few minutes.

Many thanks to Mark(Smart TV Guy UK)for the fast despatch.