5.0 out of 5 stars Best Navman I have owned
Having previously owned a Navman Icn 510 and was very happy with it, I decided to upgrade to one that allows full postcode entry. This model not only does that but the maps are more up to date and the voices are English not American so it knows that we call roundabouts 'roundabouts' not 'traffic circles' over here, amongst other bad American English.
I am very...
Published on 16 Mar. 2011 by Mr. C. Pugh

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware Rip-Off Britain map costs!
The item is great and works very well - I have a Navman S70 3D myself and this is my second Navman unit, but as a general note let's have a little think about the typical Rip-Off Britain scam which we continue to put up with and, in true British style, never make a fuss about!

Published on 21 Mar. 2012 by Neppo

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Navman I have owned, 16 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Navman Mio Spirit 575 Satellite Navigation System - Regional UK (Electronics)
I am very pleased with this unit as the touch screen and menus are much easier to use than the old system (Although it was considered good in its day).
Would recommend this to anyone after a easy to use Satnav.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware Rip-Off Britain map costs!, 21 Mar. 2012

UK map updates are £39.99. Yes, that's right. Compare that to just buying a new unit and wonder why they can't just give you an update when it costs them nothing.
Now I also am off to the USA this year and don't want to pay $70 a week to rent a sat-nav with the rental car because that's crazy, so what are my options?
USA maps to add to the Navman units is £59.99. Yes, you read that right again, £59.99! Fifty Nine Pounds Ninety Nine Pence! Just to download the maps.

Now, lets have a little look on the Walmart web site in the USA to see what happens if I just buy another unit from the supermarket over there when we land. Well, I can buy a similar unit off the shelf at the first Walmart we pass for $59, which is currently £37. Oh, and get this, it includes Free Map Updates for the Lifetime of the unit!

Hmmm...not much to think about really is there.

I've made my feelings known to Navman and hope others do the same, and I really do think it's about time we stopped putting up with being ripped off.

These maps become obsolete very quickly on our roads and that means you are about to be fleeced for new ones. Don't let yourselves be conned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 8 Sept. 2011
Kaio (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I got this satnav as a replacement for an aging Navman N60i which was a family favourite. Navman Mio Spirit 575 is, of course, the same pedigree and you will also note improvements over the years, such as the voice prompt now referring to roads/streets by their names (as opposed to simply saying letters and numbers as A123). This can be quite helpful particularly in dense city areas where you see road or street names than alphanumeric codes.

Of course, not all street/road names can be that easily recorded into audio and for this speech synthesis is unavoidable (as for this satnav). The synthesized voice (particularly with long or multiple-word road/street names) at first sounds a bit odd (due to unnatural synthetic speech resulting in wrong syllables, imperfect intonation, etc.) but with time it can be accustomed to. I think the satnav has an option to disable this added feature (which means no street/road names in navigation as in old models) but didn't even bother to disable this. Oh, I just forgot ... I just couldn't get used to Garmin and I had to return it.

The traffic alert is also very useful (but makes me wonder as to what will happen if the traffic alert is commonplace and everybody follows the same advice, say to avoid a certain route).

Excellent build quality, pleasant user interface including the voice prompt (with and without road/street name prompts). Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Navman Mio 575, 27 Aug. 2011
Andy D (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
Hi

This is my 2nd Navman....

#Big screen
#Simple menu display.
#Very easy to save your locations and edit them with the name of your choice eg: Soho London.
#Screen automatically zooms in on junctions and roundabouts making it very clear where to go.
#Cradle attachment to screen is less bulky and very easy to use.
#You can touch the screen during the journey to change settings like volume...

.... very happy ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Navman Mio Spirit 575, 6 Feb. 2011
Its a great product but is let down badly by the web site and custemer support. It took almost7 hrs over 3 days to register the product . But the sat nav works fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars There's always a hitch, 16 Aug. 2011
Steve F (Manchester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great price for a basic SatNav. The unit has worked fine so far with just one little hitch. The map on the unit is years out of date. Theoretically if you log on to the web site within 30 days of purchase you get a free update. Theoretically. In practice you log on then the web site doesn't recognise your password so you have to ask for a new one before you progress. When that arrives and you try top get you free upgrade it goes upto the point where it asks for the model of your SatNav but does not give you any options to click on. Of course you then attempt to contact their customer support. Their e-mail appears to be directly linked to second class snail mail because I have yet to get a response. I am reluctant to start paying premium frees for phone help and given the lack of ability to get an upgrade I doubt I will be laying out money for the regular upgrades of extra services. Still, as I use it only as an assist along with road signs and proper maps it is a good enough unit for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Navman review, 29 Nov. 2011
mike samuels (Stockport, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this product. Light,easy to programme, easy to follow.

Big screen makes inputting info. easy for "Mr. Sausage fingers." Could be improved with provision of audible "recalculating" warning when driver misses a waypoint. Otherwise, a pleasure to use, AND, it doesn't fall off the windscreen, unlike some of its rivals!

Excellent value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars satnav, 24 Oct. 2011
really pleased with product easy to use, good sized screen, glad its not american voice, sometimes a little confusing which lane to go in on roundabouts but that's probably just me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Oct. 2011
Had mine pinched so bought this and it's much better. Like the speed limit aspect altho found it was occasionally incorrect. very good on motorways and cutting through countryside.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased!!, 6 Oct. 2012
purchased as my first ever sat nav and im really pleased with it.

- great sized screen
- very easy to use
- automaticaly goes into " day" or " night" mode so no fiddling round with it half way through a long journey if the sun begins to set
- easy to mount and stays put

BAD POINT - PLEASE READ!!

- This sat nav comes with an "in car" charger only. On opening up the box for the first time and reading the manual it states that you MUST charge the sat nav for minimum of 8 hours befor 1st use.......... kinda impossible with only an in car charger !! Luckily I had already had the brains to order a mains charger ( about £5) when I ordered the sat nav - but if I hadnt, I would then have had to order the mains charger and wait days for it to arrive befor using the sat nav.

- even fully charged from the mains the battery only lasts about 2 hours before you need to plug in "in car"

- covers are quite expensive as you need the 5" ones.

Generaly im really pleased with it... but im sure that sat navs at £20-£30 cheeper probably offer the same quality.