Flavour Name: Gravy Collection|Size: 96 Cans|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 January 2013
Every single ounce of food that comes out of the tin is eaten; so absolutely no waste. And it does seems to have slightly reduced (slightly, let`s be realistic!) the inherent greediness of my cats. They appear to be satiated for longer, and obviously really enjoy the pate recipes. Not too stinky either for the human dishing it out :)
My cats are all very fickle when it comes to cat food; one week's favourite is quickly yesterday's fad and 'got over'. I know it is probably all down to us for feeding them things we shouldn't, as well as pandering to their haughtiness when they decree their favourite of the day before suddenly is poison to their delicate palates, but I do find it difficult to get them to eat in the home and not feel the need to go out to `get it themselves'...

They have an on-going 'love' of one particular variety of `Gourmet Solitaire' cat food, but we do like to give them some variety in their diet, so frequently try to persuade them that other foods are just as nice. Gourmet Gold Pate gets the 'paws up' from time to time. They normally love this for three days, and then declare they do not understand what made us think they could possibly eat it, turn their noses up and go hungry until something more palatable comes along. We often quip that we could probably make a fortune from filming their reaction to another well known brand of cat food that is very rarely on the list of what can be consumed by our cats' delicate little tummies, yet is clearly popular elsewhere.

In spite of what our cats say to our faces, Gourmet Gold Pate is something they generally will tolerate as part of their diet; not every day but frequently enough that it made sense to get a pack of 8 cartons to stock up.
on 22 June 2013
As the kittens (at 7 months) were showing signs of getting fat we were advised to put them on 'neutered adult' food. Have you seen the price of that? So I did a bit of research into the make-up of that and then trawled shops and internet to see what 'normal' cat foods had similar make up. The protein and particularly fat seem to be the main things and about 3% fat seems to be the 'right' level for neutered cats. Most of the standard foods seem to be 5-8% fat, but I found plenty of slightly posher recipes that are about the 3% mark, this being one of them. We feed them this along with a couple of other low fat foods, so if any one of them lacks a nutrient hopefully the others will make it up.

Although this is a premium cat food by getting it from Amazon on a monthly subscription it is not much more per kilo than the main 'standard' food we also use (Felix As Good As It Looks in big packs from Pets at Home). And the cats like it - a lot.
on 22 November 2012
More of a luxury treat that an everyday cat food, but being in tins means that the food stores well for a long time. The flavours all go down well with my four cats, and as i only give them a tin occasionaly the limited flavours are not a problem. Also as other people have mention the cats eat every scrap of the food, so whilst being more expensive at least it is all eaten! The only minor 'complaint' i have with these, is there isn't really enough gravy in the tin, which is something my cats prefer, though at the same time, the tin isn't simply bulked out with sauce rather than meat. Worth buying in bulk as its great value for this more luxury product.
on 11 August 2014
Excellent, especially for those cats that lick off the jelly or gravy and leave the lumps. Tip the can out but then you need to break up the can shaped lump otherwise the poor cat will be driven mad trying to lick it all and will get tongue ache! Half of the food gets left in these circumstances. You also need to be aware that this make of cat food will not suit some (a very few cats - 5%) and their poo will eventually have spots of blood in it. James wellbeloved is a good make for this type of cat. Nothing works for all of them. I run a sactuary.
on 5 May 2012
As ever the Gourmet Gold Pate Recipes are a great product that are a wonderful treat for cats with finicky tastes. It does cost a little more than other cat foods and that is why I've referred to it as a treat. My cats will eater lesser costing cat foods for a while before they turn up their noses and insist on having something with what I can only persume to have more refined taste.
on 17 June 2011
This is not the usual cat food I buy for my moggies but as it was on special offer and just slightly more than my Felix usual brand I tried it out.

My cats couldn't get enough and they loved all the varieties. The quantity in the cans appeared slightly less than the Felix sachets but as my cats ate every scrap of food this probably more than compensated.

I would definitely purchase this brand and variety again but only if on offer.
on 22 November 2012
Gourmet Cat food is always expensive, but the price of this multi pack is very comparable to supermarket offers - and when i purchased it, it actually worked out slightly cheaper. The food itself is high quality pate, which the cats clearly find a little rich if given everyday, so its very helpful have a special treat cat food in tins. There is just enough for one portion in each tin - which could do with mashing slightly with a fork as the pates tend to turn out in a solid 'lump', and thankfully the tins both last a long time, and store really easily.
on 17 August 2014
Pates are hard to find in England. Every other brand seems to only offer those nasty chunks in jelly or gravy, which my cat can't stand. He's had various brands of the chunky types and he either just licks the jelly and leaves the rest, or vomits up the chunks whole.

GG has been a lifesaver, he loves the pate texture and cleans his bowl every time. No more vomiting. I'm sure this food is better quality than those strange rubbery chunks. Highly recommend this brand, and THANK YOU GG FOR DOING AN AFFORDABLE PATE :-)
on 18 February 2016
My two cats love these tins. Yes, they work out dearer than the large tins but the quality of the meat and sauce is good. We give our cats one of these tins between them at each meal along with some ordinary cat food and chicken. They always finish this first!