Style Name: A3|Change

on 15 November 2012
This laminator is only just wider than the width of an A4 sheet and very narrow so it takes up a minimal amount of space on the desk.

In terms of speed, it's steady away. If you have dozens of sheets to laminate at once it will be laborious but if you have the occasional need to laminate the odd few sheets, you can't go wrong for the price.
on 10 November 2013
Takes up little desk space. Great value for money. Takes about 5 minutes to heat up. Simple to use. Need to run the cardboard sheet through it when finished. Great for doing the occasional page. It would be very slow and overworked if you did a lot of laminating on a daily basis. But then this product is not designed for that
on 9 July 2014
I am at present looking to replace this laminator with a new one, as mine has stopped working, - no warnings, it worked perfectly well the last time I used it, but now the rollers won't roll, although it still heats up. Don't remember when I purchased it exactly, but don't think I've had it for 2 years (which its guaranteed for, but I've lost the receipt, and not sure where I bought it from, don't think it was Amazon)! Anyway up to it stopping it did a good job, and for the cost of it I was very happy with it, (obviously rather annoyed now)! yes it would be a bit slow if you have lots to laminate, but I only used it to do one thing at a time and probably have only used it 10-12 times max, as I also have an A4 laminator for smaller things, hence the reason for looking to replace it with a different reasonably priced model. Just wondering whether all the cheaper ones are likely to only last a short time also? Decisions, decisions!!!
Reason for 3 stars - It did a good job while it worked.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 August 2015
Style Name: A3|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This laminator is about 50% more expensive than the Texet A3 laminator but it's laminating performance does not buy additional performance.
However it does beat the Texet in a couple of areas. It has a smaller footprint, surprisingly small in fact, and it is very quiet in use, which I like.
Warm-up time seems iterminable, and having to set aside six minutes to allow this laminator to warm-up would discourage me from laminating frequently. Laminating sheets is fairly slow, but perfectly acceptable. The "laminator cleaning sheet" is something I was surprised by, as it's not been something I've had in the previous 3 laminators I've had at home. It's a sheet of card that needs to be run through the laminator after every session. Huh!
Laminating performance with 75 micron pouches is good, but not so good with 100 micron pouches, exposing the limitations of this budget laminator.

Unless you only laminate 75 micron pouches AND require a very small and quiet laminator, I'd suggest you buy the Texet instead.
VINE VOICEon 30 August 2015
Style Name: A3|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This laminator is probably not intended for heavy use but rather for the odd laminating job you might have around the house. It is very compact (much more so than other laminators I have used) which makes it easy to store; it is light too which could mean that it is more fragile in the longterm. The power cable is short (about a metre) so you will need to be near a socket in order to use it. It comes with a thick instruction book (not that you will need it - using it is rather straightforward) with a variety of languages (each language has only a couple of pages so it is thick because of the multiplicity of languages, not because of the detail of the instructions). Unlike most laminators I have owned, it comes with a handy cleaning sheet that you are supposed to use after each use of the laminator in order to extend its life.

One thing that I would warn about is the time it takes to heat up - it must have been about 5 minutes before the little green light said that I could start laminating and this is quite a while to wait. It also recommends that you use 150mcn laminating pouches and does not allow you to set the heat for different sizes.

It laminates perfectly well and I can notice no difference in the end result between this and other much more expensive laminators that I have used. It is probably the perfect little machine for the home with light use. However, if you want to do bulk laminating, I think it's flimsy nature, slow heating time, and the rather loud whirring of the motor might end up being problematic.
on 6 November 2011
the unit was simply incapable of laminating a single sheet/pocket - whether that was because it was too cool or not pressing hard enough I don't know, but it was sent straight back for a refund. Could have been a dodgy unit, but my hunch is that this is a very poor design and a higher spend is necessary to arrive at a basically functional machine.
on 24 April 2016
One disadvantage if you laminate one paper at a time every time you have to wait about 5 mins for laminator to warm up, but all the rest is great.
on 28 February 2015
Bought this item for occasional use at home and it works very well, takes a little while to reach temperature but for what I want its fine.
on 8 November 2014
Brilliant! Arrived within the specified time, as described and works great!! So simple to use, love it! Thank you :)
on 19 May 2015