Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Refreshed in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

on 18 January 2011
My daughter fell in love with this toy through advertisement on tv. She's 6 and therefore kind of "old" for this toy, I thought. So when I finally decided to get it for here, it wasn't available anywhere and thanks to Amazon I managed to get one and even for a better price than in stores! The toy is the sweetest horse I've ever seen, it has soft fur and although its inside is harder (because of the batteries/motor) it's cuddly. When you turn it on it opens the sweetest, long-lashed animal eyes and it has all sorts of reactions. Fact is, my 6-year-old basically sleeps and plays with it every day and I've seen much older people in this house playing with it, too! A full success, not only for horse-lovers.
on 17 January 2011
I bought toffee pony for my three year old daughter and she loves it. Its very soft and cuddly and she loves brushing him when he gets frightened. He goes everywhere with her and even to bed at night. Out of all the gifts she received this has been played with and loved the most.
on 11 April 2012
My daughter was very keen to have Toffee Pony and having bought Milky for her for Christmas we were a bit reluctant to have another animated toy especially as the reviews mentioned it was difficult to operate and that it didn't do much. However, much pester power later we purchased this and it came very well wrapped and ahead of scheduled delivery. It was very clear from the front page of the accompanying booklet how to operate it. Being a battery operated toy it makes sense for this to have a 'sleep mode' otherwise it would need powering to the mains as it would constantly run out of power! Once the batteries are inserted into the stomach area you need not open it again. To 'awaken' it after play simply press the sensor/button situated in the top of his tail for about 3 seconds, this is shown in the third 'bubble' or instruction. Once `awake' he responds to different things, the carrot and the brush operate him with 'magnets' creating happy/sad/hungry motions. The 'noise' required to upset him is basically to clap your hands once he's finished a little session of neighing for example, if you do it mid cycle it won't work. It's quite easy really....childs play! Now for the pony itself. It is well made and tactile with lovely detail, if I could find one fault it is that he doesn't stand up he is permanently lying down the legs are very floppy and you need to position these carefully to have him stay `upright' but you can't have everything. I think for £42 this is a good value present and we are certainly pleased with it but wouldn't want to add to the collection as there are only so many animated cuddly toys. If you are wondering about buying something like this but don't want to jump in financially the smaller Animagic toys would be a good benchmark as to whether or not your youngster would be interested in this type of toy. All round, does what it says on the tin, especially if you read the enclosed instructions!
on 25 January 2012
As with many children our little girl fell in love with Toffee as soon as she saw it. We decided to save up and purchase it for Christmas. The excitement of the reveal was short lived when we all realised what a poor "wake-up" mechanism Toffee has.

Toffee has what seems a very short activation lifespan before it goes to sleep. Unfortunately the only way (we found and also detailed in the instructions) to reactivate toffee is to unbutton toffee to gain access to the battery compartment to turn off and then back on. Now we would never encourage any child to do this however we feel this is just a poor design.

Unfortunately Toffee just sits lifeless and does not really get a look in. One disappointed little girl.

We sent a letter, not of complaint as such but disappointment to the chairman of Flair Leisure Products PLC many many weeks ago and although asking for some acknowledgement of the letter nothing.

On this occasion the implementation (and lack of response) fell far short of the high expectation we all had.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 December 2011
I ordered this toy for my two year old for christmas after he got excited watching an advert for it. He loves animals and will adore toffee the pony. He arrived this morning and i have had him out of the box to install batteries and check that it works (always a good idea to save hassle on christmas day as toffee comes tied to the box and it did take me quite a while to get to him, my son not being the most patient child at the best of times). Having installed batteries, which i found fairly easy to do and switched him on he started working straight away, he blinks his eyes and neighs. I had read reveiws saying that he didn't do much, i think for the money and as far as a 2 year old is concerned he does plenty, he does everything it says on the box and i have had no trouble waking him up once he has fallen asleep. He is grogeous to look at and nice and soft, not as rigid as other interactive toys i have come across. All in all i was very impressed, my son will love him and i think milky the bunny will definatly be making an appearance at our home for my sons third birthday next year. A great toy would definatly recommend.
on 25 October 2010
My daughter wanted this more than anything else for her birthday today, and we're now trying to find another one to replace this one with as they seem to be sold out.
It's a fairly rigid-bodied toy, which hasn't lasted the day; and the stitching seems to be fairly badly done in places as well.
Why is this toy so expensive if it can't last a single day (on a birthday)!?!
I didn't enjoy seeing my daughter cry when we tried to explain to her why her favourite toy doesn't work properly.
Very disappointed.
If you have bought one and are keeping it until Christmas, I would recommend you checking the toy prior to the magical day.
Good luck.
on 7 December 2010
I bought this for my 5 year old daughter after she had seen an advert for it on tv. Although it's quite expensive, it is worth it as my daughter loves it and carrys it with her about the house all day. It's good quality too.
on 17 March 2013
This is at a bargain rate of under £30 at Amazon and I was lucky to get it for £50 at Christmas!! My 5 year old loves it and tries to take her to bed sometimes. It has three functions, being groomed, being fed, being frightened. It does also make a chomping noise when offered a carrot to calm it down. It's quite big too. I didn't think it would hold my little girl's imagination but she was happy with it which is all that matters ultimately.
on 17 January 2011
My 3 year old was really pleased to receive Toffee for christmas. It is a nice looking toy and can handle being dropped and thrown around. It does get trough the batteries though!
on 15 May 2013
Bought as a last minute gift for my daughters 4th birthday as was at a good price. Other places still asking just under £60. Due to mixed reviews we didn't want to waste money. But turns out a great toy that our daughter loves. Does everything it says on the box, soft and cuddly too. Only gripe is Shuts itself off sometimes when still being played with and you need to reset on/off switch. Otherwise a good buy!

See one answered question