5.0 out of 5 stars Just lovely
Published on 18 Jan 2011 by Sybi

1.0 out of 5 stars Please check the toy before wrapping as a gift!!!!
Published on 18 Nov 2010 by booms

5.0 out of 5 stars Just lovely, 18 Jan 2011
This review is from: Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet (Toy)
My daughter fell in love with this toy through advertisement on tv. She's 6 and therefore kind of "old" for this toy, I thought. So when I finally decided to get it for here, it wasn't available anywhere and thanks to Amazon I managed to get one and even for a better price than in stores! The toy is the sweetest horse I've ever seen, it has soft fur and although its inside is harder (because of the batteries/motor) it's cuddly. When you turn it on it opens the sweetest, long-lashed animal eyes and it has all sorts of reactions. Fact is, my 6-year-old basically sleeps and plays with it every day and I've seen much older people in this house playing with it, too! A full success, not only for horse-lovers.

4.0 out of 5 stars favourite Xmas pressie, 17 Jan 2011
This review is from: Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet (Toy)
I bought toffee pony for my three year old daughter and she loves it. Its very soft and cuddly and she loves brushing him when he gets frightened. He goes everywhere with her and even to bed at night. Out of all the gifts she received this has been played with and loved the most.

4.0 out of 5 stars Toffee the Pony saves Christmas, 22 Jan 2012
This review is from: Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet (Toy)
Toffee the Pony was on the top of my daughters wishlist and therefore the expectations were high on Christmas eve. To be honest I would have expected little bit more features from such an expensive toy but the most important thing is that my daughter was more than satisfied with it. Product seems to be well-made and durable.

4.0 out of 5 stars toffe the pony, 30 Nov 2010
This review is from: Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet (Toy)
Buying presents for the grandkids in the uk when you live overseas can be a bit daunting but have had never had a bad result when shopping through amazon also the pony (toffee) the grandaughter loves to bits !

1.0 out of 5 stars Please check the toy before wrapping as a gift!!!!, 18 Nov 2010
This review is from: Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet (Toy)
The toy arrived very quickly and I thought that I should check it to make sure it was ok before putting it away for my daughter for Xmas. Fortunately for me that I did so as the spring in the battery compartment was missing (or had fallen out) which rendered the item useless as the battery would not be held in place. I have seen a number of similar experiences on forums so it looks like it is not an isolated problem.

Please don't wait until Christmas morning to find out if it faulty as you will have a very unhappy little girl.

It is such a shame that a very popular and hard to get item was returned due to such an avoidable issue.

Unfortunately, I cannot say if Toffee Pony is educational or fun, but I can recommend Amazon for their very quick returns and refunds process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying to see your childs face light up, 7 Dec 2010
This review is from: Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet (Toy)
I bought this for my 5 year old daughter after she had seen an advert for it on tv. Although it's quite expensive, it is worth it as my daughter loves it and carrys it with her about the house all day. It's good quality too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toffee is the Best, 25 Nov 2010
This review is from: Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet (Toy)
I brought Toffee for my 3 year old back in the summer but I was amazed to see the other reviews as we think Toffee is Top Notch.

We have not had any problems whatsoever and Toffee has been carted everywhere since the day she arrived.

Wherever we go, people think she's great and has kept my little girls interest for months - so that's saying something.

So please give Toffee a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well if you read the instructions!, 11 April 2012
This review is from: Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet (Toy)
My daughter was very keen to have Toffee Pony and having bought Milky for her for Christmas we were a bit reluctant to have another animated toy especially as the reviews mentioned it was difficult to operate and that it didn't do much. However, much pester power later we purchased this and it came very well wrapped and ahead of scheduled delivery. It was very clear from the front page of the accompanying booklet how to operate it. Being a battery operated toy it makes sense for this to have a 'sleep mode' otherwise it would need powering to the mains as it would constantly run out of power! Once the batteries are inserted into the stomach area you need not open it again. To 'awaken' it after play simply press the sensor/button situated in the top of his tail for about 3 seconds, this is shown in the third 'bubble' or instruction. Once `awake' he responds to different things, the carrot and the brush operate him with 'magnets' creating happy/sad/hungry motions. The 'noise' required to upset him is basically to clap your hands once he's finished a little session of neighing for example, if you do it mid cycle it won't work. It's quite easy really....childs play! Now for the pony itself. It is well made and tactile with lovely detail, if I could find one fault it is that he doesn't stand up he is permanently lying down the legs are very floppy and you need to position these carefully to have him stay `upright' but you can't have everything. I think for 42 this is a good value present and we are certainly pleased with it but wouldn't want to add to the collection as there are only so many animated cuddly toys. If you are wondering about buying something like this but don't want to jump in financially the smaller Animagic toys would be a good benchmark as to whether or not your youngster would be interested in this type of toy. All round, does what it says on the tin, especially if you read the enclosed instructions!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy With It, 8 Feb 2011
Mrs. Marina R. Fry "moosli" (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet (Toy)
My daughter wanted this ever since it was first advertised on TV. I checked out some reviews for it on the run-up to Christmas and they were all so negative, I decided to wait until the new year and see if things improve.
I finally got it for her this week for her Birthday and she was the happiest thing in the world.
Toffee is appealing in looks and cuddlier than I expected. All the mechanics work fine and the quality is very satisfactory. Of course, as it is a new toy I cannot vouch for its durability, but it has started out well and the stitching is fine too. I can recommend Toffee. It will be a hit, I'm sure of it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 Mar 2014
E. A. Ewington "enigma" (North Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet (Toy)
Bought this for my 4 year od Granddaughter for Christmas. It was not particularly well made and did not live up to the description. The first day the shops were open I replaced it with a Furreal Friend - the monkey - and she has not put that one down since. Takes it everywhere.

Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet