4.0 out of 5 stars The best smartphone - and unlocked too!
Whilst I didn't buy this phone from Amazon, I still recommend it as I use it daily.

This phone is put simply - outstanding. It is an excellent smart phone, and with 32GB of storage, that should be more than enough to store the 720p HD videos recorded on the phone, the music and selection of 200,000 Apps that you can get from the Apple App Store.

The...
Published on 24 Oct. 2010 by MC Daddy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what all the fuss is about.
Bought this phone as my first iPhone after moving from Android. The phone itself is very aesthetically pleasing, but that's really it.

Published on 22 Nov. 2012 by Callum T

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The best smartphone - and unlocked too!, 24 Oct. 2010

The reason why this particular product is quite good is because it is factory unlocked - this means that it is not locked to any network, or, I believe any particular country. With stock demands excessively high at this current moment, and many network providers out of stock - you may wish to actually purchase one of these iPhones, although it is quite pricey.

Alternatively, you should be able to purchase it cheaper with a particular network - the downside of which is you may have to have a 18 or 24 month contract if you want the iPhone to be relatively cheap.

Now don't get me wrong - I don't think that the iPhone can replace your standard computer yet - but your phone and MP3 player - without a doubt. The HD camera might allow you to replace your HD camcorder (although let's be honest - you're HD camcorder probably has a lot more features than this).

Whatever people say, the battery life might be the only downside to this phone. Apple quotes a 300 hour standby battery life, but realistically, if you get your emails "pushed" to your iPhone, and get Facebook notifications as they happen, as well as playing all the addictive games - then it's unlikely that the battery will last this long. However, depending on the frequency of your use, I believe that this battery will last for about 1-2 days.

Try not to charge the battery too frequently, as this will mean that in the long term the battery life will deteriorate. Also, you should charge the battery for 12-16 HOURS BEFORE FIRST USE, preferably via USB cable to ensure that it is completely and fully charged.

That said, I love my iPhone and I'm sure that when you get it, you can't imagine what you'd do without one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Papa's Pocket 'Puter, 11 Jun. 2011
John M. Ford "johnDC" (near DC, MD USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've had my iPhone 4 for months, after an upgrade from the old one. A friend asked for a cell recommend. I told her why I like the iPhone. It's not about the phone.

Big things that matter.

- Pocket Kindle. I read everywhere. And nobody knows what. SF in staff meetings...
- Facebook. A pocketful of friends. Yeah. Let's not look at that one too close.
- Emergency Browser. Handle crises with web access. Too cramped for fun browsing.
- ToDo List. Necessary adult supervision. Also, move undone tasks easily into the future.
- Alarms. My morning alarm Is actually four. Also for events and tasks. More supervision.
- Camera. Great candids while they think you're reading. Or browsing.
- Office docs. Editing not creating. Good for tweaking spreadsheets, viewing PowerPoints, etc.
- Backup. Keep your docs with you. Like your resume. Just in case.
- Email. Fast hits--email the resume while they're still giving the presentation. Be first!
- Distance. Create a cone of privacy with Caller ID, Silent Mode, Call Reject, etc. It's your iPhone.
- Bejeweled. Don't even like it now. Just can't stop. Don't need to. Silent mode for staff meetings.

Little things that don't matter. Much.

- Ugly. A more blocky, Soviet look than the old one. No problem--put a case on it.
- Reception. A problem when you hold it wrong. No problem--put a case on it.
- Slippery. Slides out of the hand. Bounces alarmingly on the floor. No problem--put a case on it.
- Stock. All iPhones are cookie-cut clones. No problem--put a case on it.

So its not about the phone. It's about the apps, mostly. And a little about the case. But you need the phone for them to make sense. So get one.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's so simple, it's boring, 1 Dec. 2010
I used to have such fun with my Nokia E72, it used to crash, nokia music store was the most awful thing ever conceived, I couldn't sync with itunes, the camera had a lot of pixels but was rubbish - the windows software was even worse.......the whole thing used to keep me entertained for hours.......

I then purchased the iPhone 4 - it just works the way it should - copy and paste is easy, photos are great, hd video works a treat, web browsing is a synch, I even Airplay my photos to my Apple TV.......it never crashes....

If you're a techy who enjoys the intricate day to day hassles which make technology so much fun, please stay clear of this product, you'll turn to stone within a week....

5.0 out of 5 stars iphone 4 - where have i been ?, 7 Nov. 2010
What a Phone ! Brilliant . Picture Quality Brilliant , sounds great , facetime is another world . I have been using a NOKIA for years and thought it about time I entered the real world , plus i needed to keep pace with everyone else. The phone has several qualities to it . Its a bit bigger than my last phone but its worth it - and being an Apple virgin I wasn't too sure what i was getting into.Ive just picked it up and to be honest if i can work it , anyone can . The APP store is so simple . Ive not done any HD video recording yet , but im sure i will be soon . Moving the apps is easy , downloading is easy and the pictures are good quality . Lots of Free Apps to download , Itunes store on hand , and for those who like a bet now and again , theres an APP for that too . You can do several Apps at once . Battery Life is great , ive charged mine and it lasted 2 1/2 days and thats with several songs played . The phone doesn't come with a cover , so you NEED to get one otherwise it will be scratched to high heaven .I would advise anyone to get one of these but GET WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD as the price of them seems HIGH compared with the others in the market place . But i cannot fault it - signal has been great , 3G fine(thats getting mobile data to you and me) . I rated it 5 , and if Mr APPLE MAC wants me to review the iphone 5 let me know PLEASE Luv this phone!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my iphone 4!!!, 7 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Apple iPhone 4 32GB on Vodafone Network (Electronics)
Pros:
*Consolidating my phone, browser, email, camera & iPod makes my digital life much easier.
*The rear-facing camera performs so well that I no longer carry a digital camera with me on vacations.
*The high resolution screen displays video so well that I often forget that I am viewing it on such a small device.
*Reasonably priced at $200 (at the time of my purchase) for something that does so much.
*Mobile Safari renders pages much better than any other mobile browser.
*The device integrates all of my email and calendar accounts very well.
*The ability to store my contacts server side puts me at ease. I know that if I lose my phone, a simple re-sync will bring all of my contacts back to a new device.
*I have not had issues with the alarm, which I use every day.
*A plethora of apps makes this device a shopping and entertainment delight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 23 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Apple iPhone 4 32GB on Vodafone Network (Electronics)
Unless there is a an app to deal with it, the phone does not automatically try to re-send texts that do not send. If the phone is outside a cell you will know immediately that it has not gone, but if your intended recipient is outside a cell, the phone could take up to a minute before recognising that the text has not been delivered, and it doesn't alert you audibly nor does it try a re-send. This is not a problem with the e-mail function where all e-mails are held in the Outbox awaiting a mobile data network whereupon the outbox is automatically emptied. Given that most devices are now using e-mail, I think the flawed text service is not so important.

Also, the bluetooth function is limited in its ability to find other non apple devices, such as printers.

Overall, the best handheld device I've ever owned

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like phones, you will like this one., 4 Jan. 2011
Reece Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
Firstly I want to say that buying this product from places like Orange or o2 is cheaper than buying from here (Except here of-course is SIM free and unlocked) Although buying from here is never bad as the delivery is always fast.

So the iPhone 4 itself. An amazing product, and one of the only phone brands or series that I've ever keep up with. I will break the review into sections, otherwise it would be hard to explain.

The design:
Just one look at the iPhone 4 and I wanted it. They've skipped the traditional curved back and gone for a flat one, which makes this slimmer and (in my opinion) a better looking phone. Around the edges is stainless steel which will protect the phone from easy damage. On the phone you have a loud microphone, a charging port, the power button, SD slot (hidden away), a microphone, a small noise cancelling microphone at the top, jack-plug, volume buttons, mute switch, home button, 2 cameras (covered in more detail further down) and ofcourse the screen.

The display:
Before I bought this device, I of-course heard of it's retina display. I bought this forgetting this was even a feature on the iPhone 4. The display is amazing. Everything on screen is in pure detail, which is bright and just amazing to look at. The screen size is also larger than the other devices.

The cameras:
The iPhone 4 has 2 cameras. One on the front and one on the back. The cameras are HD, being able to record 720p videos. The back camera has flash, and records 30 fps. On screen the camera has functions such as changing the optical zoom and changing from video taking to taking pictures. As well as the normal things, there are tons of apps that allow you to edit the images and change them in all different ways. The same going for videos, as well as being able to use Apple's iMovie. They both also have auto-focus, which is amazing. There is also tap to focus, which allows the user to select where to focus on, in frame.

Applications:
There are hundreds of thousands of applications out there that are downloadable for the iPhone, which is one of the iPhone's top features. The reason why I bring this up is because of the further compatibly with applications, as well as storage space to keep them. There are applications like iBooks for books, iMovie for editing videos, then there is games like Plants Vs Zombie and Angry Birds.

Music, TV and films:
Of-course the iPhone 4 can also allow a person to listen to music, holding 1000's of songs, watch videos on the display as well as films. With the size of either 16GB or 32GB it can hold tons of items. As well as on-board media, you can stream it from your computer to watch on the iDevice, which is mind blowing.

Speed:
The iPhone 4 in testing have shown that it is faster than the older models, loading pages around 1 second quicker, and loading applications much faster in better quality. This allows much faster movements around the internet as well as personal apps.

iOS 4:
The 2 devices that the newest iOS works best on is the iPhone 4 and the iPod Touch 4G. On these devices all of the new features are usable, such as multitasking, folders, facetime (Only on iPhone 4), Game Center and more.

Signal issues:
If the reason for you being put off the iPhone is because of signal issues, go and buy an iPhone 4 now. As in my opinion, the signal issues were over played. My iPhone has NEVER dropped signal because of where I'm holding it. To address this issue, not only did Apple for a short time give out free cases, but it was also fixed in a iOS update. I have never had issues with the signal.

Battery:
I use my iPhone daily. If I just used it to text and phone people, it would last around 4 days. However, I use it daily for internet, games, music, phoning, texting and other apps. So my battery normally lasts about a day and a half, which is fine because I have a docking station to just plug into at night.

Accessories:
There are tons of other things you can add to the iPhone too. With other external battery's, headphones, docks, cases, bumpers, remote mics, sensors and more. The main one being cases, with tons out there to protect the iPhone.

There is a few things I did not really touch on, like the Three-axis gyro sensor, Accelerometer and Proximity sensor on the iPhone. But these are features that in some way or another, allow the iPhone to either know which position it's in, or allow you to move the iPhone around to play different games or use different apps. I also did not really talk about 3G on the device, which allows the user to surf the internet anywhere you are, which is really quite fun too. The device is quite delicate without a case, and will be scratched, so I do suggest one.

My conclusion is that the iPhone 4, for me is the best phone I've ever owned. And yes it's expensive, but I do think that it was and is worth the price. It has many different functions, features and uses, including many that I more than likely missed out (There is a lot to talk about). The setup is simple, and really you will be using it for entertainment, as well as research and as a phone. I personally don't put the phone down all to much.

I strongly do recommend this phone.

EDIT:

Since I originally wrote this review, this has gone up £180+ on here. I would not advise to pay 180 pounds MORE than you would on any other site just for it being Sim-Free. If you want it on a different network than you bought it on, just get it unlocked instead. That would only bring the total to around £615.

4.0 out of 5 stars i phone 4 from new user, 23 Dec. 2010
awesome, never wanted an apple product before, as there so uncompatible with pc software and im not really familiar with apple operating systems but easy to figure out, easy to use, the only fault ive found switching from a bog standard mobile is battery life, ok i may be using more bits on it than i need to and probably leave apps running in the background, so i suppose it could be configured a bit better by myself,and it seems to run out after a day, dont know if this is normal and i have been using it quite a lot as i travel a lot, and make use of all the free hotspots in airports etc, i was origianally worried about how you connect to the internet and wi fi first and how you switch to one from the other, to avoid eating all my data allowance on a certain network, (related to water without naming them directly!) but you can easily switch that facility off and connect to wi fi easily, it automatically uses the wi fi connection first! whitch is good, then if nothing else is available or out of range it reverts back to your phone network 3g, and its clearly marked so you can see what your connected to on the front screen at all times, so you cant get confused easily, so as a first apple product ive owned im hooked , the apps you can get just look at the reviews first, im a mingebag and wont pay for any and just get the free ones, some are just joke/gimmicks and you think wow can it really do that, then you read the reviews on the app store by people and realise its just a toy, but there are some excellent free ones to download, ie free hotspot finders etc, so you can connect to wireless without paying, etc, its just bigger than a mobile and the keyboard is a little fiddly when the phones straight up, ive found it easier to use by turning it on its side then using it spreading the keyboard out widthways equals less wrong keys hit when im typing , but then what do you expect on something that small, if you want a bigger one buy an ipad instead or a netbook, i bought the 30 quid otter box defender case for it which has protected it great, i work on oil rigs and ships so its getting carted all round the place, after a few weeks use i took the case off and cleaned it and there was not a mark on the actual phone, i suspect it may scratch or mark with the cheaper little cases, as mines in and out of my pocket on deck of ships and oil rigs with my gloves and heavy duty weather gear on, so its getting shoved everywhere, so it makes the phone a bit bigger but hey it protects it well, and thats what i bought it for, no problems with accessing all the buttons and screen, i dont have any probs at all with the screen protector detracting from the response of the screen, so thats not an issue in fact you cant even notice the screen protector film and the protector on the otter box is on there!, to be honest i cant for the want of trying find in general use a fault with it, as i said before maybe the battery is the only fault id ideally like to have an extra battery so i could swap out without charging, and this just isnt possible as its built in and does not have this facility... this is my first ever review and ive been honest , if you cant afford one outright get it on contract so it doesnt hit you, basically your buying a mini pc here, it does all and more than your average netbook, and probably better and faster,i hope this helps you decide!

4.0 out of 5 stars Freeeeezing, but sooo goood!, 28 Nov. 2010
What can u say. It's an iPhone. The screen is marvellous, the WIFI and all HW in it is excellent, the camera is awesome, and the video / sound recording quality is - splendid.

Even though I am a standards freak (I'm an old CALS, SGML, OpenSource buff) and loath proprietary HW/SW, the app system (inc Appstore) is great. There are simply so many developers around that anything you can wish for is available for free or at a very low cost - actually offsetting the presumptive drawbacks. And if you don't like it, JB it.

What is negative are the constant freezes of the iOS. 4.1 is simply not stable on the iPhone 4. I also own an iPhone 3GS, and that one runs uninterrupted for many weeks. The iPhone 4 has to be restarted at least daily, often 2 times a day.

My old phone, a WIN Mobile based unit form a large Swedish / Japanese company is used as a paperweight nowadays. At least that it can do.

iPhone: Get it, fall in love, never look back.

***** for everything, except
*** for freezing on me every day

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what all the fuss is about., 22 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Apple iPhone 4 32GB on Vodafone Network (Electronics)

Coming from Android, iOS just seemed very limited. Stuck with a homescreen which does not seem to have much customisation except moving a few app tiles around. The App Store was a constant source of annoyance, constant timeouts, VERY slow downloads and a constant reminder for me to sign in all the time (that may have been a bug however). iTunes wasn't too bad however and the phone did feel well made.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›