on 25 January 2013
I tried it on a couple of sims and it cut one incorrectly and when I tried the other and put it in the Micro Sim adapter it fell out leaving the adapter firmly stuck in the phone.

Luckily I was able to use an old thinner strip of an old (obsolete) sky viewing card to lift the adapter enough to pull it out of the phone. In the end I had to call Vodafone & order a new sim card from them, which came in a couple of days.

Sorry, but after two dodgy cuts I cannot recommend this cutter whatsoever, it has been consigned to the metal recycling bin, so I guess it will be useful after all.
on 18 May 2013
Ok the description of the product is a bit misleading. This will not cut a full size phone sim to a micro. It will cut both a full size sim and a micro to a nano which can be used in an iPhone 5.

I personally cut a full sized sim from my old iPhone 3G to a nano and placed into an iPhone 5.

Don't worry about the little bits of what look like the golden edge of the chip also been cut. I watched a few of the YouTube videos and could not get my head around this. To me if you cut the chip, it broken ... This simply is not true of sims. As long as the central core of it lives, the edge is just connectors. Don't panic.... The exact shape is important, so either buy a cutter like this, or take a risk with sissors.

I am reviewing the nano SIM card cutter from full or micro for iPhone 5 ... The problem witheamazon is they will paste reviews to very similar products. Be careful you buy the one you need.

I said the description was misleading, actually it isn't, but this review may be attached to a slightly different product, so be careful
on 25 November 2011
I bought this so that I could have the best of both worlds. I could have a mini SIM in case I bought an iPhone and a standard sized SIM for my Samsung Wave. So I bought this cutter and an iPhone 4S and tested the cutter on an old SIM card, which seemed to work. Foolishly I decided to put the now mini-SIM into the flimsy little plastic cradle supplied with the cutter and put that into my Wave. It was so poorly made that it got stuck in the SIM slot of the Wave and after I had prised it out the plastic was twisted and the Wave would not accept and recognise any other SIM. So with some anxiety I pulled out the iPhone 4S cradle, put the mini SIM into it and hoped for the best. Happily, the iPhone accepted the mini SIM and I was away with my new phone, which is brilliant. However, my Wave is now worthless due to the cheap and nasty piece of plastic that has damaged its SIM card slot and cost me money from not being able to re-sell it at any price because it always comes up with "No SIM", even after I have carefully put in a SIM card.

So let the buyer beware!
on 2 April 2014
Absolute crap, read the other 1 star ratings, I just cant understand the high reviews, this is cheap Chinese rubbish. This item arrived with 2 adaptors instead of 3, plus there were some mundane instructions on the box, no proper instructions inside.
its a good job I tried it on an old sim first, it took the gold off and I wasn't going to try it on my sim after that, I used a very sharp pair of scissors, I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place, just thought I would get the tool that claims to be fit for purpose.its not as if its the cheapest sim card cutter around, at £5.49, its not even worth sending back by the time you pay your postage, I post this review as a warning to other amazon users, I suppose the clues are that as well as arriving in a tatty box, with parts missing and spelling mistakes all over the box, (cheaks instead of checks) (free instead of 3)(adapter instead of adaptor), just don't buy it. its great to have a chance to give feedback on rubbish being sold, but having been an amazon customer for a few years now, I have to say that a lot of stuff being sold on amazon now, is of poor quality, and it used to be so trustworthy.
on 1 December 2010
This cutter works really well. So easy to use too. I tried it out on an old sim card to make sure it worked ok then used it on my main sim card and it cuts down to micro size perfectly!
on 20 May 2014
I was hoping to avoid the hassle with o2 of ordering a nano sim ( codes, transferring balance etc.) What a waste of money no adapters so worse than useless. Don't bother to buy from this supplier, they obviously don't check before sending their goods.

The company promised by e-mail through amazon that problem would be sorted. Was it? of course not! Eventually a refund. Don't let this co. of the hook. And Amazon will deserve a downturn in their reputation if they continue with rubbish sellers like this one. Who counts the 5 star customers?
on 18 November 2010
This is an excellent product,cut sim with no problems and sim fits and works in I Phone 4. Thank You Tecknet.
on 10 January 2014
The short of it: it worked right first time and seems reasonably well made. I would strongly advise that you check, fiddle and re-check the alignment of the car when you insert it into the cutter to avoid damaging the metal chip. Had I not fiddled and just trusted the cutter my car would not have cut correctly and would have been ruined. However, my experience proves that if you take your time and are careful this works just fine. The supplied adapters are poor quality and take some work to get freshly cut card into them. My card needed slight filing down with a nail file afterwards to take off rough edges.
on 26 June 2012
The cutter has a symbol on the top surface plunger to show the way you need to insert the sim card.

You can also look underneath which shows you where the corner cut of the sim card should be oriented.

It cuts very well but you need to be careful that it doesn't cut the chip

Some sim cards have awkward places where the chip is - some on the edge of the sim card.

To avoid this:
- Insert the card in the cutter and look underneath and determine the side that has too much plastic.
- Remove the card and use a pair of scissors to cut away a small excess of plastic.
- Re-insert the sim card in the cutter, look underneath and move it around to get the chip centre of the cutter hole.
- If it's okay, cut away, but if not, just keep cutting small slithers of plastic until you get the chip centred.

Hope this helps.
on 30 August 2013
I bought this so I could chop regular sims for iPhone 5
It is a great product - really clean cut, clear instructions - really can't fault this for a few quid!!
Holders / adapters were a little flimsy but the inclusion of the iPhone prodder (the one you use to get your old sim out) was really cool. Moral of the story though, don't go with T-Mobile as they charge you £10 for each replacement sim (even if yours is fried)... go with Telephonica / O2 who send replacements free in the format you need...