5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, useful and money-saving
These timers are so useful for any electrical item that you may forget to switch off. Easy to use and ultimately save money and eliminate risk. They are therefore handy for hair straighteners, irons etc A red light flashes on and off whilst the timer is conducting electricity which is useful as you can then push the on button for a further 30 minutes.
Published on 7 Jan. 2012 by Doc Barbara

3.0 out of 5 stars Performs as described
.... but note that there's no way to turn it off before it does so automatically at 30 minutes. So you need to turn off at the plug of whatever it's plugged into (or unplug/replug if it's an extension cable) to manually turn off the power.
Published 12 months ago by MR CHRISTOPHER D WILSON

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 29 July 2011
AlanMusicMan (North Cornwall) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug (DIY & Tools)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our water (immersion) heater does a great job, heating up water for a bath within 20 minutes. However, the problem is that once it's on, we tend to forget that it's on and it stays on for hours at a time - using lots of expensive power to heat up a tank of piping hot water that we never use.

So, by using this we can now press the green button, have the heater on for ONLY a half hour and it will turn itself off. It works excellently!

I wonder why nobody has done this before? It would be even better to have a similar product that lets you input the number of "on" minutes, rather than it being a fixed time - such an enhanced product would have many other uses - but this one is exactly right for our immersion heater.

Highly recommended product. With electricity prices rising inexorably this can save a great deal more money than it costs to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug (DIY & Tools)
I have a habit of leaving the iron on, or should I say I did have a habit of leaving the iron on since I have been using this, I have always remembered to turn it off, but it is there just in case, I did of course test it and it worked fine turning the power off after half an hour

3.0 out of 5 stars Performs as described, 12 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little gadget !, 19 Aug. 2011
I. Mcintosh "Ian Mc" (Great Yarmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug (DIY & Tools)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very simple to use, just hit the green button and you get 30mins of power. Imagine the number of different uses you can get from this smart little plug !

Perfect for pedestal fans ! As its been so hot in the evening lately the kids have wanted fans on in their bedrooms to help them get to sleep. They don't like leaving the windows open because of the creepy crawly's so the Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug has been an absolute godsend ! We simply plug in the fan, hit the green button knowing in 30mins the kids will be asleep and the fan will be safely turned off.

The simplest ideas are often the best and this is certainly the case here.

Everyone should own a Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 4 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug (DIY & Tools)
I purchased this a few months ago and I was prompted to write a review after I had recommended it to a friend. I bought the plug having previously left my hair straighteners on for 11 hours (no real harm done, although the straighteners were never the same again). This plug does exactly what it says - switches off after 30 minutes. I can go to work without the nagging doubt that I may have left my (new) straighteners switched on...
Don't be put off by reviews complaining that 30 minutes is too short a time - I would suggest that this isn't designed for phone charging. It is also very straightfoward to reset the timer (by simply pressing the button) once the 30 minutes is up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly as described, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug (DIY & Tools)
I have my iron and board set up in a spare room and don't put it away after a session so it occasionally it gets left on for an hour or so until spotted.
Having recently left the iron on overnight I found this device on Amazon and thought I definitely need that.

The device is solidly made and the flashing LED provides a good reminder that the iron is still on when I finish my ironing.

I tested the claimed 30 minutes and my device cut off after 30 minutes and 55 seconds under load so that's acceptable.

It will save me money and could potentially save my life so a worthwhile investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars One minor gripe is the slowly-flashing and rather bright red ..., 16 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug (DIY & Tools)
One minor gripe is the slowly-flashing and rather bright red LED, which I find distracting. I'd rather it were constant and less bright.

Also I'd suggest anyone buying it to save money calculates how long it takes to break-even. I bought mine for the electric radiator next to my desktop computer. I think it could pay-back in a year if it changes my pattern of use - so I turn it back on when cold, rather then off when warm. Based on occasionally leaving it on after leaving the room, it could easily take decades. I suspect this is why they market it on safety grounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug (DIY & Tools)
What a great little gadget, so easy to use straight out the box with no complicated instructions. I bought this as I am always worried that I've left my straighteners on when I've left the house to go to work or out for the day - it even ruined one shopping trip as I was convinced I'd left them on and had to hurry home to check. Now I can relax in the knowledge that if I have left them on then this will switch them off after 30 minutes. Real peace of mind. I am so happy with it that I have recommended it to my sister and niece.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 18 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug (DIY & Tools)
Bought this to accommodate the fact that I 'saved' a few pounds on my iron by not buying the one with the auto switch off facility. A few incidents of coming home from work to find the iron doing it's best to heat the room (ie on all day)made me realise I may have made a false economy. The timer plug works well. Press the green button and you get 30mins of power and then it switches off. Press it again and it switches on again for another 30 mins. That's it. Simple and effective. Should pay for itself within the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved a problem, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug (DIY & Tools)
I like to sleep with the window open and so my bed room is often cold when I get up; hence I have a fan heater to warm the room up quickly.

My problem was that the fan heater has a thermostat and so switches off when the room is warm; the sometimes led to me forgetting that it was on and going out with it still running. The thermostat prevented it wasting too much power but it was still not good.

Now I can just press the button when I get up and do not have to remember to switch it off.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›