5.0 out of 5 stars Printing with low cost printers
As a low cost printer I find the Epson Stylus 522 an very good buy
its simplicity of operation with good photograph output makes it an ideal piece of gadgetry with your computer

Also amazons no hassle with returns (suits me )
Published on 26 July 2012 by James

1.0 out of 5 stars Epson S22 Printer
Published on 5 Jan 2011 by Wessex Man

1.0 out of 5 stars Epson S22 Printer, 5 Jan 2011
This review is from: Epson Stylus S22 Printer with Individual Ink Technology (Electronics)
You know how we gulp down fast food; well, the way this printer EATS INK, it's probably the most uneconomical printer ever produced by Epson. Another view says it eats colour - mine eats black too, in fact the whole lot, and you will always be reaching into your wallet to keep it going. If you are just printing documents, maybe ok, but any colour printing or photographic and image work FORGET IT. To be avoided, especially if you've got a family to feed as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars I regret buying this printer, 20 Oct 2011
Ivana S. (Zagreb, Croatia) - See all my reviews
It's completely true what people say, this printer does eat ink like crazy. I've had it for about a week, printed out around 20 to 30 pages, and black is gone. You cannot print in other colours if black's not present, you have to buy black. Also, if you put the settings on economical printing, the letters will be practicaly invisible, so the economical printing option has no purpose whatsoever. And the printer is embarassingly loud too. The only positive side is the price, but if you plan to print a lot, you will lose in the long run. And if you're a student like me, don't buy this, if you really need a printer, give some more money for a decent one which will be a good investment in the long run.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 2 Oct 2011
Mr Stonky (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
I've avoided Epson printers for years due to bad experiences in the past.

I needed a 'disposable' printer and this was cheap, so I thought I'd give them another chance.

How wrong I was. Installed from new; I'd barely printed 7 pages of my daughter's homework and suddenly it told me it was out of ink. 7 pages!

If it was possible to give this a negative number of stars I would.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unparalleled loathing, 22 Mar 2014
I loathe this printer with so much venom it's not even normal.
You must be very precise in the amount sheets you put in the paper feed, one more than it likes and it'll jam, one less and it'll jam.
Unfortunately, the precise amount it wants changes with every use. This printer is the epitome of fickle.
You will have thoughts of violence that you didn't believe you were capable of.
But then, when you've spent the best part of an hour trying to print half a dozen documents, it's to be expected.
Print quality? Ha!
It'll slap a few gaps into the printing, you'll go off and clean the print heads and then you'll realise this was a foolish errand as it has now swallowed all the ink remaining in your cartridge.
Oh, and if you thought you might try a compatible cartridge instead of remortgaging your life to purchase a genuine Epson cartridge? Well more fool you, because Epson have jolly well outfoxed you there too. It'll just flat out refuse to do a damn thing.
And there's more...so you want to print a document, entirely with black ink, but you've run out of magenta ink? Well, frankly, at this point it sucks to be you, because if any one cartridge runs out, you will not be able to print a single thing. Nothing. Full stop. Actually, not even a full stop.
But I want to print in black you say, not magenta! I don't need your magenta! Tough doo-doo! No printing for you my dear.
If I lived in a fictional world where I had accrued enemies, I might actually foist this upon them, but not even a Bond villain actually deserves to be tortured with this atrocity.
Shame on you Epson!

2.0 out of 5 stars printers, 14 Nov 2010
I bought this printer to see how it performed, because I have had, recently two Cannon printers which were very good for a while, but then had trouble with the colour correctness, I know that this Epson printer is only a very cheap product, so was not expecting a great deal, but the rate at which the colour cartridges are used up is absolutly useless. I have gone through two full sets of cartridges, which are not cheap, and I have only managed to print about 40 --- 24cms x 12cms photos on semi gloss photo paper.On the Cannon printers I did about 3 times this ammount. I will have to find a printer which will be a lot more reliable, and this is destined for the rubbish bin.

1.0 out of 5 stars cant use it, 4 Jan 2012
J. M. Ward "mfanwy7" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
Epson state that this is compatible with Windows 7. It is not. I bought the printer a few weeks ago and then a new computer Windows 7. It will not work and will not load the drivers. It did eat the ink with my previous XP computer. Rubbish!

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, 28 May 2013
If you ever get it to work it can print well but after 2 hours of just getting it to take in 1 sheet of paper i hit it with a sledgehammer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsuited to photo printing, 4 Sep 2012
Bad at printing photographs. The actual print quality is OK, though not great, but the paper feed tears the photopaper emulsion leaving a track of white dashes along the photo. I ended up exhausting one of the colour cartridges trying to get ONE unmarked print (approx twenty 5" x 7") but every single one ruined. I've uploaded an example of the problem in customer images. This printer might be suitable for general letter / presentation / homework printing, though I never got to try this (beyond an initial windows test print page). It might be cheap, but that's the only redeeming feature. I returned mine, and this is the last time I buy an Epson.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this Epson pain, 2 Sep 2012
Not only does it drink ink - it will stop printing black text when any colour runs out. You are warned that Epson recommend that you only use their ink - when in fact they INSIST by making it NOT POSSIBLE to use compatibles.
This is my fourth and last Epson printer - shame because they just got TOO GREEDY.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy it!!!, 27 Aug 2012
I have had this printer for about 5 months and the entire family hates it with a vengeance. It drinks the ink faster than you can imagine and then tells you that there is no ink left in a brand new ink cartridge! It also takes several attempts to print each document as it sends blank pages through continually them jams up all the time. I for one cannot wait for pay day so that I can get myself a decent printer!