I waited for "No more Idols" with much anticipation and from the first track through to the last, I played it again, again, and again until I didn't know which track was first or last! The album is so innovative, an almost game-changing piece of production that is my definite choice for album of the year 2011. My reviews of each song:

1. No more Problems -...
Published on 9 Jun 2012 by Vijay Luhan

3.0 out of 5 stars Confirmed, C&S Go Mainstream
I don't normally do this, but I thought I would take the time out to write up a detailed review of this new release.
I had been eagerly anticipating the release of Chase & Status' new album No More Idols for a long time now, and have been following the duo closely after their sublime 2008 album, More Than Alot.

However, as predicted, the album is a bit of...
Published on 31 Jan 2011 by Sam Probert

5.0 out of 5 stars Chase and Status explore new dimensions...and define a new genre!, 9 Jun 2012
This review is from: No More Idols (Audio CD)

1. No more Problems - 7/10, love the opening but than is a little too fast-paced where i start suffering to keep up.
2. Fire in your Eyes - 8/10 - You can feel the album coming to the boil.
3. Let you Go - 9.5/10 - The music video is what really makes this song. Lyrics are incredible too.
4. Blind Faith 10/10 - The standout song of 2011 and a reminder of the warehouse-garage scene of the 90's.
5. Fool Yourself - 8/10 - Deep, soulful, electric. Plan B and Chase and Status are a match made in heaven.
6 Hypest Hype - 8/10 - A more bouncy song by C&S, again that has you jumping up and down during the build-up.
7 Hitz - 10/10 - Gives you an almost Pineapple Express vibe. Tinie Tempah, steps into the role perfectly.
8 Heavy - 8.5/10 - You want find a tune with bigger bass all year.
9 Brixton Briefcase - 7/10 - Not one of my favorites. Just don't like Cee-Lo Green.
10 Hocus Pocus - 7/10 - I really want to know what they were smoking when this went into production. Because i want some!
11 Flashing Lights - 9/10 - Just close your eyes and see your whole life flashing right before your eyes!
12 Embrace - 10/10 - Along with Blind Faith, the best song(s) of the album. A shift from C&S. For god's sake it was even used in Gossip Girl to perfection!
13 Time - 10/10 - The album is coming to a close, but you just don't want it to end. Delilah's tone of voice goes perfectly with the backing breakbeat.
14 Midnight Caller 8.5/10 - Tranquile.
15 End Credits - I0/10 - The first single of No more Idols and the best way to finish the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it so much I had to buy tour tickets, 17 Mar 2011
This review is from: No More Idols (Audio CD)
As someone getting on in years (stopped counting at 40), I wouldn't have expected to find myself buying, let alone reviewing this. But, I bought it and like it so much that I've bought tour tickets. Now I need to find out if there's anyone I know who's still up for this sort of night out... I don't know my D&B from my Elbow, but in my head, this is a great album to bounce about in an embarrassing fashion to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Banging Album, 16 Aug 2011
This review is from: No More Idols (Audio CD)
The best tracks on this album are just outstanding. Its classic Rave music with a Banging
Edge. It gets a bit hardcore in the middle, but its balanced by some 'sweet' harmonious tracks. You'll love it, if you like: dance, dubstep, hardcore, old Drum and Bass, all mixed with some punk attitude.

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding, 20 Feb 2011
This review is from: No More Idols (Audio CD)
this album has been stuck on repeat since it arrived through my postbox.

i am falling in love with it more and more with every listen.

an amazing combination of tracks: i jumped around and danced to some and chilled and got goosebumps with others.

favourite tracks would have to be "flashing lights", "time", "midnight caller" (with the beautiful clare maguire) and of course, massive single "blind faith" although there is not one track that i dislike or skip past.

i don't usually take the time to do things like this but i cannot recommend this enough.

5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Two More Idols, 15 April 2011
Mr. Lawrence Schofield "Cravin' Ravin'" (Berwickshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No More Idols (Audio CD)
A lot of people say they've turned mainstream, and it's true there's definitely a large change in sound since More Than Alot, but I'm not sure mainstream is the right word. There is such a wide range of sound that you couldn't define it in a word. This obviously isn't popular with pure drum 'n' bass and dubstep fans (which I also like), but personally I liked all of it. From the raves of No Problem and Let Me Go to the mellowed sound of Embrace and Midnight Caller, it all has the duo's stamp of brilliant producing. I own and love More Than Alot, but if you want more of that, this isn't for you. The album ranges from drum 'n' bass to rap to some sort of prog. rock, all of it great and something everyone in producing should look to.

5.0 out of 5 stars For those with a wide ranging taste in music, 4 Feb 2011
For those with a wide ranging taste in music this album is simply brilliant. The number of different genres covered and high quality of songs on this album is amazing. The Stand out tracks are- No Problem, Fire In Your Eyes Let You Go, Blind Faith, Fool Yourself, Hitz, Hypest Hype, Heavy, Hocus Pocus, Time and End Credits.

Yes they may have gone more mainstream but so long as the song quality is still as good as this I can't see why it matters. If you are only really into D n B this is probably not an album for you just certain tracks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Confirmed, C&S Go Mainstream, 31 Jan 2011
This review is from: No More Idols (Audio CD)

However, as predicted, the album is a bit of a disappointment, personally I feel due to the lack of D&B on the album. Don't get me wrong, their production is second to none and there are a few stand out tracks on the album such as 'No Problem', 'Blind Faith' & 'Flashing Lights' (only because co-produced with Subfocus) & 'Time', however quite a few of the tracks on here are absolute trash. I don't know what the duo were thinking with the production of 'Fool Yourself' with a nice intro by Plan B only to be ruined by a cheesy drum loop and MC Rage shouting the same petty phrase repeatadly over it. Most of the tunes have a guitar based melody to it which only reminds me of pendulum and rock rave commercialism, and just by looking at the colabs throughout the album one could have predicted this.

Again, many of the best tracks on this album were released as singles (Hypest Hype was even released for free) before the album itself which makes the album even more disappointing. I only fear that the majority of these tunes are going to be played in my local Oceana instead of Fabric and other D&B clubs where essentially this music belongs.

All I can say is I am glad to have witnessed the days when tracks (Smash TV, Take me away, Eastern jam) off More Than Alot tore down clubs like Fabric & Matter and sent crowds into a frenzy, however only a select few off No More Idols will be able to compare to the masterpiece of 2008.

If it is Drum & Bass your after, you will be disappointed with the new C&S and be better off buying one or two singles rather than the album as a whole, but if you like all genres with a splash of dub then you could possible be for you.

Chase & Status, remember where your roots lie, Im sure you've made good money through this album by attracting a wider more commercial audience, but please can we have some future classics released for the D&B heads in the future please!

Sam

3.0 out of 5 stars Chase & Status with a dash of Pendulum, 31 Jan 2011
This review is from: No More Idols (Audio CD)
I've been eagerly looking forward to this album for ages now, half expecting a delightful array of DnB and a slightly less eagerly expecting some dubstep, in the same style of More Than Alot.

The first song, 'No Problem' started off well, but then no big crescendo (to quote Music Club) materialised and no big drop for me to throw my hands to. This continued all the way through the album, I wanted a CD full of 'Take Me Away's and 'Hurt You's and even an 'In Love'. Fast, racey beats, big drops, big bass lines. There is hardly any of this.

Blind Faith is a lovely tune, but the Lonestar Remix is better, and more attuned to what I expected to be on the album. Time, Flashing Lights and Midnight Caller are excellent songs in their own right, but for anyway, it's a step backwards from their previous album in terms of DnB. The production values are clearly up and I'm sure a new crowd of UK Grime/Urban will be feasting their ears to this album and raving about Dizzee Rascal, Tinie Tempah and Plan B being featuring here, which is cool, but I'm sure a lot of DnB followers like me, will listen once or twice then looks for remixes of the better songs.

Overall then, disappointing, but not entirely surprising.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not to bad, 2 May 2014
This review is from: No More Idols (Audio CD)
Great tracks on this album but some could do without the swearing a good CD for using in your car on a journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 April 2014
This review is from: No More Idols (Audio CD)
Bought this for my mum, she absolutely loves Chase and status and was really pleased with the album. Great buy

No More Idols
No More Idols by Chase and Status (Audio CD - 2011)