5.0 out of 5 stars Good price. Good Sound
I bought this product to replace my ageing infrared transmitter + headphones and simply use my bluetooth headset that I have for my phone anyway. I also welcomed the flexibility of being able to use this anywhere. This way I can listen to my laptop, tablet, mp3-player and other devices anywhere.

It arrived this morning. It paired/connected flawlessly with my...
Published on 23 Aug 2012 by customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought it on the strength of all the good reviews, sadly my experience was not good
Bought it on the strength of all the good reviews, sadly my experience was not good, the sound quality was very poor. I tried a different transmitter (my sons Bluetooth) with the same headphones and the quality was then excellent, tried the TaoTronics again and the quality reverted to poor. I was happy to ask the vendor for advice but their contact page re-directed me to...
Published 18 days ago by AW

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price. Good Sound, 23 Aug 2012

It arrived this morning. It paired/connected flawlessly with my 7dayshop R7 Premium Foldable Bluetooth Stereo Headphones / Handsfree Headset With Touch Button - Piano Black - Travel Case Included!

Findings so far:
1. The sound quality is much better than my old infrared headphones. Not as good as high-end wired headphones, but good. The sound is also louder than through infrared. Infrared can be shared with many, though. Bleutooth allows only one connection at a time.
2. There is a small delay (lips are slightly out of sync etc.).
3. The unit can be used plugged in (i.e. charging) or unplugged. If you unplug it while using it it just plays on, but if you plug it in while using it, it will re-set and re-connect.
4. When using the unit unplugged the sound quality is crisp and clear, when using it while charging there may be interference audible. I'll need to experiment with different powersources.
5. The range is about 10m through several walls. Great.

Conclusion:
Despite the tiny delay I prefer this setup over the infrared one. The sound quality is better, the device can be used with other devices and away from home (and can be charged in the car or anywhere from any USB source).
I should have bought one earlier...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, easy to pair, excellent range and good battery life, 26 Sep 2011
This review is from: TaoTronics® TT-BA01 Wireless Portable Bluetooth Stereo Music Transmitter (Not A Bluetooth Receiver) for 3.5mm Audio Devices (iPod, MP3/MP4, TV, Media Player) (Electronics)
The device arrived a few days ago. I recharged the device as instructed and then paired it with a sony ericsson bluetooth stereo headset. I connected the adapter to the TV and watched/ listented to the TV whilst doing other chores. There is sufficient range to go to a different floor on the completely other end of the house. The battery life is great. It does exactly what it says on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Wireless device. Made me fall in love with my HI FI system again. Love it!, 12 July 2014
John Ryan "One man and his Kat" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
If you’re like me, you’ll have a smartphone, a tablet computer (an iPad, Android Tablet or Kindle Fire), and all your MP3 music on an iPhone or online on Spotify with absolutely no way to play all that wonderful music on your existing home HI FI system.

This is, until now.….

What is it?
———————
This little black box of tricks is a Bluetooth wireless receiver. In short, you plug in the supplied pair of excellent quality photo leads from your stereo system into this little box, and pair it your smartphone. This means you can play music straight from your Smartphone wirelessly to your existing HI FI.

No wires, no fuss just fantastic loud quality sound!

They even supply a “audio jack” cable (effectively a headphone socket at either end of a cable), which means you can use this in the car as well.

What’s it like?
--------------------------------------
Its a small, incredibly light black box with two LEDs, one to indicate it’s charging, the other to indicate it’s in “pairing” mode - searching for a bluetooth connection. It comes in at a diminutive 3 by 3 inches and just under an inch deep with three sockets on the back:-

*Line Out: The AUX port where you plug in the headphone socket cable
*A pair of HI FI phono sockets (one red, one white) to plug into your stereo
*A Mini USB socket - so you can charge up the device

It comes nicely packaged with all the cables (HI FI, “headphone” and USB), and all are really top quality. As an additional nice touch, it comes with a nicely designed 62 page instruction guide in the usual range of languages - but like many blokes, I just ignored it, plugged it in and it worked flawlessly without any problems first time.

Didn’t even need to read the manual.

The manufacturer recommends you charge the built in battery for an initial 4 hours, after which a short 2 hour charge should give you about 8 hours playing time. Having said that, if you’ve got it attached to a stereo, you can plug in the supplied USB cable into an existing smartphone charger and just leave it there.

I also tried it in my car, plugging it into a USB socket in the cigarette lighter socket, and used the headphone cable to plug into my Kenwood Car Stereo without problems. The box is small enough, and the cables long enough to hide it away in a glove compartment without issue.

What's the sound quality like?
---------------------------------------
I have to say, while I’m no audiophile, I was incredibly impressed by the sound quality from both my HI FI and in my car. I have a standard test set of tracks, and they all sounded fantastic.

My test tracks included, the solid bass beats of Radiohead’s “High and Dry”, and the haunting deep echoey lyrics of “Exit music (for a film)”. Bill Withers - Aint no Sunshine - just sounds wonderfully smooth, and his voice like treacle.

The pure rock of “Should I stay or should I go” (The Clash) was equally fantastic with all the shock and raw punch I expected, and Gerry Rafferty’s Baker Street was just wonderful.

The separation (the fact you can identify and listen to individual instruments) is just brilliant, and “Hollow Ponds” by Damon Albarn is great. I can highly recommend the new solo album by ex lead singer of Blur and Gorillaz.

Finally, I paired it up with my iPad Air and played the classic war film “Apocalypse Now”, and can confirm watching the classic helicopter attack sequence complete with explosions, and gunfire to the backing of Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries is just exhilarating through my home stereo system.

In short, given the size and cost of this little box, the clarity and sheer volume it produces is just amazing. It’s just made my “legacy” HI FI system useful again.

I tested it out with no issues at all on my:-

* Google Nexus 5 Smartphone
* iPad Air
* iPhone 4GS

What’s Good about it?
-----------------------------
* Absolutely stunning sound
* Incredibly small and light
* Option of using the pair of phono connections to the HI FI or headphone cable in the car

What’s not so good?
--------------------------
Not a lot really. It doesn’t come with a transformer (to charge it up), but it’s designed to be used with a smartphone, which means you’ll have one already. Finally, if you use it in the car, you can always buy a cigarette lighter/charger which will accept the USB cable.

Conclusion
-------------
Fantastic device that’s made me fall in love with my old HI FI again, with the bonus if I ever switch over completely, I can use it in the car stereo as well.

Disclosure: I was kindly sent this by the manufacturer to give an independent unbiased review. Having said that it’s a pleasure to test a device this good.

Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and sounds good!, 4 July 2014
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
This TaoTronics TT-BR02 Bluetooth Audio Receiver was sent to me for review. The "out of the box" experience is positive - it is nicely presented and the quality of the product looks and feels good. In the box you get the TT-BR02 Bluetooth receiver (which measures 3.35 x 2.87 x 0.75 inch), a set of phono leads, an audio jack lead, a USB to USB Micro lead for charging and a clear, detailed instruction book. Although the description suggests this is a device for headphones, whilst it will work with headphones, it is also suitable for almost any audio device with a phono or audio line input.

I charged the unit to get it going (the red charging LED goes out when charging is complete) and then connected it to the auxiliary input of my oldish Yamaha music system. I then paired my iPad (which was easy and no passcode was needed) with the TT-BR02 and was amazed by the crisp, hiss free, quality sound. The bass, treble and mid-range were very clear and the stereo soundstage wide, this may be because this device uses an specially enhanced version of Bluetooth designed to deliver improved audio. Range of the unit is about 25 feet before you get some fall off in reception.

Remember, this is a Bluetooth receiver designed to receive music etc. not a transmitter - if you need a transmitter there are plenty to choose from and TaoTronics do their own matching one - the TT-BA01 Bluetooth Transmitter.

The unit has an internal battery which after an initial 4 hour charge will deliver around 8 hours use from a standard 2 hour charge. However, the receiver can be used whilst charging, so, in effect, you can use it continuously. Almost any USB charger or port will work. The only control is the on/off switch and two LEDs - one for Bluetooth and the other for charging/power.

In my opinion the TaoTronics TT-BR02 fills a bit of a void and the results are really good especially at the price. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transmitted from an LG TV to a Bluetooth Speaker,, 2 Aug 2014
What I wanted to do: transmit sound from an LG TV to a good quality Bluetooth speaker.

The problem: The only "Audio Out" of the TV was an Optical Digital Audio connection. This Taotronics transmitter has a 3.5m connector and comes with an adaptor for an RCA connector, but not the digital audio.

The solution: I ordered a Digital Optical Coax to Analog R/L Audio Converter and a Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable. I plugged the Toslink cable into Optical Digital Audio port on the TV. I connected the other end to the converter. I plugged the RCA to 3.5m adapter into this TaoTronics transmitter and then plugged the RCA (red & white) into the Digital Opticl Coax to Analog converter. I plugged the converter and this transmitter into a power source. (A power strip). Then I just held down the button on this transmitter thing til it flashed blue and red. I held down the Bluetooth button on the Creative speaker (bringing them within 3 feet of each other until paired. Voila! They paired!

Still one thing left to do. I went into the audio settings on the TV and changed the audio from Automatic to PCM. Then I turned on the AV Sync and set the TV speakers to 5 and the Bluetooth speaker to -5. This keeps the sound and video from the TV speakers and the Bluetooth speakers pretty close to the video. Like any Bluetooth device, there is always a tiny lag but with these settings it's almost unnoticeable on our set.

Why the neck did I wantto do this to begin with?: We have a large familyroom/kitchen that are connected. With tile floors and lots of windows and open doorways our acoustics are terrible. When watching movies we use the surround sound system but for watching TV we don't always feel like turning the whole system on. We also like to watch shows on Amazon Instant Video using the Amazon Fire TV without the whole surround sound thing. But it can be difficult to hear with just the TV speakers which are actually located in the back of the TV. The Creative Labs Bluetooth speaker sounds fantastic and since it is battery operated it can sit right in front of us on the coffee table. Much easier to hear, even with the terrible acoustics.

This would work exactly the same way with a pair of Bluetooth headphones if I wanted to pair them with our TV.

Of course this Taotronics Transmitter also works very well for simple applications. My 1st Gen Kindle Fire doesn't have Bluetooth. It does now! Just plugged the 3.5m plug into the Kindle and paired it with a Bluetooth speaker or headphones. Nothing else needed. Any device that transmits sound and has a 3.5m or RCA plug can be made into a Bluetooth transmitter (and even a few that don't as shown in my TV example, with a few adaptations). This is a great little device.

Keep in mind that this transmitter will make a device into a Bluetooth transmitter (like a tablet, old iPod or phone). It isn't for making a device like a speaker into a Bluetooth device. For that you would need a Bluetooth Receiver adapter.

I was provided with a sample of this product by Taotronics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little device., 9 Sep 2011
I bought this the other day and did as was asked to charge it for at least 4 hrs initially. I turned it on and it paired without fuss to my Motorola Bluetooth Stereo Headset. The sound quality is excellent. It's small and inconspiq... inconspicui...incompspi... hardly noticable when attached to the TV. The feel of the device is good too, not the cheap plastic I was expecting but a neoprene feel to it. It does nothing more or less than I was expecting or needing, I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am NOT kidding, 6 July 2012
I am surprised to see several transmitters all described similarly and at quite different prices.
However,the transmitter I purchased has worked straight out of the box and has been attached to several devices with perfect results.
There is a good range for reception over 15M in line of sight and 15M radius with 3 walls in between me and the device.
I purchased this primarily to attach to the TV for wireless headphone use.This pleased my wife because the volume could be turned down (my hearing is poor)on the TV.
The transmitter sends a good signal that when translated by my wireless headphones is very acceptable.The sound is crisp and clear but not hifi.
When reaching the extent of reception there appears a very slight mushy sound behind the audio.
This is an outstanding product at a very good price.
I will be buying another so that these can be left in position.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Missing Link : Bluetooth for Audio Systems, 3 July 2014
heretic666 (High Dudgeon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I consider this a missing link in my audio system. I am used to a top quality sound through valve hybrid equipment and four speakers. This has meant using a 3meter lead trailing across the floor for me to trip over. Or strain on the socket of laptop or phone. This is entirely portable with a good battery life and easy recharging via usb..
With a selection of leads I connected via the RCA/phono sockets on my pre-amp and I think I might leave it there. The laptop, phone and tablet connections via bluetooth establish themselves instantly without messing about with drivers or I would not bother with the thing.
having a bluetooth connection to my audio system makes the possiblity of any item being connected to it instantly for an excellent sound

5.0 out of 5 stars works, 27 Feb 2014
just pluged it in, and it worked with my bluetooth headphones. it charges woth usb from the tv.
so buy them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Turn Your TV / Laptop / Ipod Into A Bluetooth Transmitter, 29 Aug 2014
This amazing useful little device turns any audio source with a headphone or av jack into a Bluetooth transmitter. It converts the output to Bluetooth and transmits it ready for any Bluetooth receiver, say Bluetooth Headphones, to receive.

So with this gadget, your Ipod, your Laptop, your MP3 player, and my favourite, your TV, are now capable of transmitting sound via Bluetooth for you to listen to on your wireless Bluetooth headphones.

So far, my top two favourite uses for the TT-BA01 are firstly having it plugged into my non-bluetooth laptop’s earphone socket so I can listen to music on my Bluetooth headphones,, but my top use is to have it plugged into our widescreen TV, which then transmits again, to my Bluetooth wireless headphones. I love being able to watch a movie and have the music blasting out as loud as I like without bothering the rest of the family or the neighbours next door.

You could use the Tautronics Bluetooth transmitter to send audio to Bluetooth speakers, Bluetooth car stereo or a Bluetooth Sound bar or a Bluetooth enabled home stereo system.

One use that will be of interest to photographers and videoographers out here is that with the TT-BA01 you can plug it into the earphone socket of a mobile sound recorder, like the Zoom H1 or Tascam DR07, or even the headphone jack of your dSLR - pair it with your bluetooth Headphones, and you’ve got a wireless monitoring solution that is incredibly cheap and effective.

This is a great solution for anyone who’s recording video or audio because you always must check to see what the actual audio being recorded sounds like - otherwise you can record hours of beautiful video only to find that the audio sounds terrible because the batteries were low, the talent was fiddling with the microphone or it was too windy. This is an even better solution for if you’re working by yourself, you can set up your kit and as long as you’ve got the bluetooth transmitter plugged in you can check all is ok with any sound you’re recording.

In the box you get the transmitting, USB charging cable, AV to headphone jack adapter and instructions. Charging time is about 2 hours, and you could expect to get about 7 hours continuous use out of the transmitter, but of course you could always plug it into a charger at the same time and still use it.

Going for about £20 on Amazon.co.uk at the moment, it’s a real bargain.

I’ve got to say that I’ve been really impressed with the Taotronics TT-BA01 Bluetooth Transmitter, and I'm so pleased I was sent it to review. These days it tricky to come across a really useful gadget - but the TT-BA01 definitely fits into that category. It’s so great to be able to plug the transmitter into our TV, put on my wireless Bluetooth Headphones then kick back and enjoy a movie with the sound blasting away.