5.0 out of 5 stars Good price. Good Sound
I bought this product to replace my ageing infrared transmitter + headphones and simply use my bluetooth headset that I have for my phone anyway. I also welcomed the flexibility of being able to use this anywhere. This way I can listen to my laptop, tablet, mp3-player and other devices anywhere.

It arrived this morning. It paired/connected flawlessly with my...
Published on 23 Aug 2012 by customer

Published 2 months ago by AW

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price. Good Sound, 23 Aug 2012

It arrived this morning. It paired/connected flawlessly with my 7dayshop R7 Premium Foldable Bluetooth Stereo Headphones / Handsfree Headset With Touch Button - Piano Black - Travel Case Included!

Findings so far:
1. The sound quality is much better than my old infrared headphones. Not as good as high-end wired headphones, but good. The sound is also louder than through infrared. Infrared can be shared with many, though. Bleutooth allows only one connection at a time.
2. There is a small delay (lips are slightly out of sync etc.).
3. The unit can be used plugged in (i.e. charging) or unplugged. If you unplug it while using it it just plays on, but if you plug it in while using it, it will re-set and re-connect.
4. When using the unit unplugged the sound quality is crisp and clear, when using it while charging there may be interference audible. I'll need to experiment with different powersources.
5. The range is about 10m through several walls. Great.

Conclusion:
Despite the tiny delay I prefer this setup over the infrared one. The sound quality is better, the device can be used with other devices and away from home (and can be charged in the car or anywhere from any USB source).
I should have bought one earlier...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, easy to pair, excellent range and good battery life, 26 Sep 2011
This review is from: TaoTronics® TT-BA01 Wireless Portable Bluetooth Stereo Music Transmitter (Not A Bluetooth Receiver) for 3.5mm Audio Devices (iPod, MP3/MP4, TV, Media Player) (Electronics)
The device arrived a few days ago. I recharged the device as instructed and then paired it with a sony ericsson bluetooth stereo headset. I connected the adapter to the TV and watched/ listented to the TV whilst doing other chores. There is sufficient range to go to a different floor on the completely other end of the house. The battery life is great. It does exactly what it says on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Missing Link : Bluetooth for Audio Systems, 3 July 2014
heretic666 (High Dudgeon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I consider this a missing link in my audio system. I am used to a top quality sound through valve hybrid equipment and four speakers. This has meant using a 3meter lead trailing across the floor for me to trip over. Or strain on the socket of laptop or phone. This is entirely portable with a good battery life and easy recharging via usb..
With a selection of leads I connected via the RCA/phono sockets on my pre-amp and I think I might leave it there. The laptop, phone and tablet connections via bluetooth establish themselves instantly without messing about with drivers or I would not bother with the thing.
having a bluetooth connection to my audio system makes the possiblity of any item being connected to it instantly for an excellent sound

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little device., 9 Sep 2011
I bought this the other day and did as was asked to charge it for at least 4 hrs initially. I turned it on and it paired without fuss to my Motorola Bluetooth Stereo Headset. The sound quality is excellent. It's small and inconspiq... inconspicui...incompspi... hardly noticable when attached to the TV. The feel of the device is good too, not the cheap plastic I was expecting but a neoprene feel to it. It does nothing more or less than I was expecting or needing, I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transmitted from an LG TV to a Bluetooth Speaker,, 2 Aug 2014
PT Cruiser - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
What I wanted to do: transmit sound from an LG TV to a good quality Bluetooth speaker.

The problem: The only "Audio Out" of the TV was an Optical Digital Audio connection. This Taotronics transmitter has a 3.5m connector and comes with an adaptor for an RCA connector, but not the digital audio.

The solution: I ordered a Digital Optical Coax to Analog R/L Audio Converter and a Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable. I plugged the Toslink cable into Optical Digital Audio port on the TV. I connected the other end to the converter. I plugged the RCA to 3.5m adapter into this TaoTronics transmitter and then plugged the RCA (red & white) into the Digital Opticl Coax to Analog converter. I plugged the converter and this transmitter into a power source. (A power strip). Then I just held down the button on this transmitter thing til it flashed blue and red. I held down the Bluetooth button on the Creative speaker (bringing them within 3 feet of each other until paired. Voila! They paired!

Still one thing left to do. I went into the audio settings on the TV and changed the audio from Automatic to PCM. Then I turned on the AV Sync and set the TV speakers to 5 and the Bluetooth speaker to -5. This keeps the sound and video from the TV speakers and the Bluetooth speakers pretty close to the video. Like any Bluetooth device, there is always a tiny lag but with these settings it's almost unnoticeable on our set.

Why the neck did I wantto do this to begin with?: We have a large familyroom/kitchen that are connected. With tile floors and lots of windows and open doorways our acoustics are terrible. When watching movies we use the surround sound system but for watching TV we don't always feel like turning the whole system on. We also like to watch shows on Amazon Instant Video using the Amazon Fire TV without the whole surround sound thing. But it can be difficult to hear with just the TV speakers which are actually located in the back of the TV. The Creative Labs Bluetooth speaker sounds fantastic and since it is battery operated it can sit right in front of us on the coffee table. Much easier to hear, even with the terrible acoustics.

This would work exactly the same way with a pair of Bluetooth headphones if I wanted to pair them with our TV.

Of course this Taotronics Transmitter also works very well for simple applications. My 1st Gen Kindle Fire doesn't have Bluetooth. It does now! Just plugged the 3.5m plug into the Kindle and paired it with a Bluetooth speaker or headphones. Nothing else needed. Any device that transmits sound and has a 3.5m or RCA plug can be made into a Bluetooth transmitter (and even a few that don't as shown in my TV example, with a few adaptations). This is a great little device.

Keep in mind that this transmitter will make a device into a Bluetooth transmitter (like a tablet, old iPod or phone). It isn't for making a device like a speaker into a Bluetooth device. For that you would need a Bluetooth Receiver adapter.

I was provided with a sample of this product by Taotronics.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought it on the strength of all the good reviews, sadly my experience was not good, 29 Aug 2014
Bought it on the strength of all the good reviews, sadly my experience was not good, the sound quality was very poor. I tried a different transmitter (my sons Bluetooth) with the same headphones and the quality was then excellent, tried the TaoTronics again and the quality reverted to poor. I was happy to ask the vendor for advice but their contact page re-directed me to Amazon, who, as ever, where very helpful but have no knowledge of the product. Refund was offered promptly. It was shame as it was just what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am NOT kidding, 6 July 2012
I am surprised to see several transmitters all described similarly and at quite different prices.
However,the transmitter I purchased has worked straight out of the box and has been attached to several devices with perfect results.
There is a good range for reception over 15M in line of sight and 15M radius with 3 walls in between me and the device.
I purchased this primarily to attach to the TV for wireless headphone use.This pleased my wife because the volume could be turned down (my hearing is poor)on the TV.
The transmitter sends a good signal that when translated by my wireless headphones is very acceptable.The sound is crisp and clear but not hifi.
When reaching the extent of reception there appears a very slight mushy sound behind the audio.
This is an outstanding product at a very good price.
I will be buying another so that these can be left in position.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Works, 24 May 2014
If you have a cd player or anything that is not bluetooth this is a great way of turning it into a bluetooth device first thing i tried it on was a bluetooth speaker feeding music from my Bose wave 3 works perfect plus it is a lot cheaper than buying the Bose bluetooth kit just remember it only transmtts bluetooth.

5.0 out of 5 stars works, 27 Feb 2014
just pluged it in, and it worked with my bluetooth headphones. it charges woth usb from the tv.
so buy them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 3 Jun 2014
Have used this item for the past 3 weeks and have been totally satisfied with the performance.
The instructions are clear and easy to follow. The setup is simple and straight forward and the reception at the receiver needs to be heard to be believed. The transmission is from a laptop into a stereo system and the quality is as good as any CD played on the same system.
If I found it necessary to replace or purchase a second unit I would not hesitate to go for the TT-BA01.
All can add is that I have found this to be a great little product which I could willing recommend.