5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headset
Published 9 months ago by D. Banbury

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this set ...
...unless you're after a cheap-feeling, poor performing expensive headset. Let me explain:

I bought this set to replace my excellent Plantronics .Audio 500 headset which is still working great after a good five+ years service*.

Published on 23 Sep 2011 by C. D. Hiom

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headset, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Plantronics 76921-15 Audio 400 Digitally-Enhanced Foldable Stereo Headset (Electronics)
I use these with Dragon Naturally Speaking and chose them after checking the list of headsets approved by the manufacturers of the Dragon software. They fit so comfortably and the accuracy of the text written by Dragon that I dictated is much better than with the cheaper headset I used in the past - the set that came with the program. I also like the fact that these fold away so I can carry them around with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 April 2011
I use it for voice recognition with Dragon Naturally Speaking and it works very good. Much better that the one I had before. I recomend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this set ..., 23 Sep 2011

I've used and own at least half a dozen different headsets over the years and Plantronics .Audio 500 is easily the best. Best sound levels (listening and recording), best noise reduction, best base and overall sound quality. The .Audio 400 set is, by comparison, inferior in every way and they're also less comfortable. The microphone on mine stopped working (being recognised by Skype) within 24hrs and the sound (level) on recording was very poor in comparison with the .Audio 500 set anyway (see below). Finally, compared to the .Audio 500 set, the build quality of the .Audio 400 is also very cheap-plastic like and can't imagine them lasting more than a few weeks in a back-pack, say. Very disappointing and already returned.

See comparison review here if you're interested: Plantronics DSP-500 Stereo Computer Headset

*The only thing wrong with my .Audio 500 set was the disintegrating foam ear-muff covers - exactly the same type used on this .Audio 400 set - which Plantronics doesn't appear to sell separately. And this was the only reason I wanted to replace it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 19 May 2013
Great little product, does the job perfectly well. We use several of them in our office and everybody thinks they are comfortable and good quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best I've found, 17 April 2013
Hello, My second set of Plantronic headphones. Far better than my short lived Sennheiser's I had in-between.
Comfortable, lightweight, good, sound and microphone. One criticism, my first set had a tie-clip on the lead which was quite useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great performance with Dragon Naturally Speaking, 21 Jun 2014
but too fragile. On my second set and I don't expect these to last either. Best value for use with Dragon Naturally Speaking though. Very accurate due to the high quality microphone and digital processing... but the casing and hinges are brittle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 26 May 2014
Mr. Jeff Pettitt (London, England) - See all my reviews
I got the headset - based on reviews - for use with iMac, I use it for Dragon Naturally Speaking and also my Rosetta Stone Course. I find it very useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 6 May 2014
P. J. Hills "PJH" (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with this device, it replaced an older device that had travleed a lot in my bag. Hopefully this will do as well, it has the added bonus of a revised USB connection, although the cable is shorter I can stil get up from the desk amd move around a bit.

4.0 out of 5 stars All good, 16 April 2014
This is my third set of these - I use them daily and after a few years they stop working - fab for travel as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics Headset, 7 Jan 2014
This is a professional headset which we use at our office and very straightforward to use. It does what it says.