5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint hearted - but it IS the best
Published on 25 July 2010 by AV

The reviews have been in the main part, quite positive for this Invisible Shield screen protector.
However, my experience was less than positive.

I had NO problem applying the screen protector. I have done quite a few over the years on a few different phones.
It was a breeze - and yes, I did even watch a couple of youtube videos to help...
Published on 10 Aug. 2012 by FiNaLiTY

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint hearted - but it IS the best, 25 July 2010
This review is from: InvisibleSHIELD Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 4 (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I've had a ZAGG cover on my iPhone 3G for 2 years and have bought them for my wife and daughter too. I also have one for my iPad and I absolutely would not have anything else. This is the best screen protection that you can get. Our phones have been dropped onto surfaces that would have destroyed screens like gravel and rocks and not only has nothing happened to the phone but the screen has remained pristine.

BUT - you are warned - this is the most difficult screen protector I have ever installed. There are a few things you absolutely must do in order to make your installation go well

1) really scrub your hands in hot water with lots of soap - remove absolutely every bit of natural body oil otherwise you will end up with fingerprints

2) make sure the screen is really clean - I mean spend a lot of time with a lint free cloth. I've now taken to not removing the plastic protection that comes with the device until the ZAGG arrives - just so that it won't have a single mark on it.

3) spray your own fingers first. I mean it. Make sure your finges are coated with the application liquid before you remove it from the backing sheet and spray front AND back of the film (important - DO NOT spray the phone - if liquid gets in, that's it - game over)

4) let the cover pretty much fall into place - don't use force or you will stretch it

5) let it dry overnight - it may be slightly tacky in the morning - I've found that spraying application fluid onto a lint free cloth the next night and using that to give the screen a good clean and once again dry overnight has removed all stickiness

It's a pain to install, yes. But after doing it right once, your phone will have maximum protection for the rest of it's life.

Superb product. Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to remove it after 12 hours... terrible. Sooooo Frustrating., 10 Aug. 2012
However, my experience was less than positive.

It was a breeze - and yes, I did even watch a couple of youtube videos to help.

However, having followed the instructions to the letter and seeing any airbubbles disappear,
the protector had a circular tiny indentation just off-centre which did not ever disappear. It was a defect in the screen plastic. It was there all the time. It would not go, even if I pressed my nail into it, to help disperse it. It wouldn't change despite my trying to 'disperse' it with the included cloth. ... Truly a defect in the plastic. I had my daughter check it out... "definitley a problem with the actual protector".
I truly was sooooo meticulous when applying, that it wasn't a fragment of dust or anything - seriously, this was a manufacturing fault within the actual screen film.
And SO annoying right in the middle of the screen film.
I went to the Zagg website (as instructions said) and put in all my personal details to register the product.
In order to activate a *Guarantee* return, and obtain a new one - you have to register your details. Then you pay a delivery fee. Then you activate a $14.99 replacement fee on your card, until they register a reciept of your faulty one, with them. i.e. you send your 'faulty one' back to them (at a cost to you), then they may -or may not- send a replacement to you. After you have incurred a shipping cost back to them ($4.50) and paid a shipping cost from them, to you ($3.99). Total cost to you...$8.49 - to obtain a replacement for this faulty product, which cost orginally, around $11....
You may well, indeed, recieve a replacement screen protector. (How many people will actually do this??) But I guess I would have saved $1.51 in the process.... Not to mention my time/effort. Sheesh.

The Invisible Shield also looked cheap / weird. It had an 'orange peel' texture and was a bit 'sticky' to move your finger over. Just really awful. I'm putting all this down to an expensive, non-returnable £10 experience. I'm moving on! (Or I'll keep ranting on here... and we don't want that!!!)

I have now angrily ripped off the rubbish that was "Invisible Shield" (totally not invisible anyway) - and gone back to my beautiful original fluid, smooth-swipe screen.
Think I'll go with Screen Devils again, which lasted about a year, last time. Couldn't tell it was on, it looked so similar to the normal screen.
The Zagg was such a disappointment. Will not buy again. And as for the 'guarantee'..... yeah, right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be patient and do it right!, 27 Oct. 2010
Mr. C. George (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
The invisible shield is the best product going in terms of protection, but you have to do it right! Hand washing as if preparing for surgery, then apply, and scrape out the vast majority of bubbles. Don't then panic, cos it will look a bit rubbish a first on your new gadget. You have to then relax be patient and wait 24 hours. At this point nearly all the bubbles will have gone, by 48 hours, gone completely. If you panic before then and muck around with it, then fingerprints and disaster beckon. Protection once dry is awesome. Have used on ipods as well as iphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 20 Nov. 2011
Sticks really well. I managed to put it on OK first time, which I thought was pretty impressive. The film is a lot less flat than I thought it would be (it just looks like polymer rather than glass), and is kind of soft, but doesn't look too greasy/grubby which is good. The amazing thing about this product is how well it sticks. I love the fact that it hasn't peeled up at the edges or anything yet. It has attracted some of the red fluff from my case, and will probably need replacing in a few months because there is dirt around the sides (I'm a bit OCD), but otherwise it is fabulous. My one comment is that the squeezy juice bottle had leaked before it got to me, but this wasn't really a problem because it is properly sealed in a bag. I just snipped the corner and used what had escaped to coat my fingers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great!, 15 July 2012
I've had these on different phones for a while now. The protector is simply brilliant. I have dropped, slid, knocked off of desks various phones and none have suffered any damage. I always carry my phone in my pocket and there are some inevitable times I forget and put change or keys in that pocket. No problem
My first iPhone in now in the hands of the third person and the screen (and this original protector) are still pristine, the second one is with someone who loves to go to festivals etc and wear tight fitting pockets, still pristine.
I am just buying 3 iPhones, a Galaxy SIII and a Blackberry for the family and each one will have this fitted before being dished out. They can then put whatever cover they want.
The downside is simply following the instructions. How difficult can that be?? The first person in these replies reiterated what to do. It's not so hard. Just do it and the protector will do its job. Having fitted loads of cheap ones, and having had to replace them after a short while because they do not work or last, I much prefer to take a little time and do it right, and more importantly do it once
If you want your nice shiny phone out in public with you immediately you receive it, maybe look at a cheap option - but if you actually value your phone (or are the person who has to pay for its replacement!!), get one of these. The longer they are on your phone the better they look and the easier your fingers slide. I have seen absolutely no impact on touch sensitivity or visual impairment of the screen, as long as you follow the instructions. That's all it takes, and a couple of days of patience. I just don't tell my brood the phones have arrived till this is done ;-) and that takes away their impatience

5.0 out of 5 stars The only way!, 1 Jun. 2012
If you want a screen protector this is the one to get on a number of points:

1. It is an incredibly tough and resilient cover that will protect your phone against all day to day encounters with keys, coins, children etc.

2. The soft nature of the skin allows it to mould around any of those annoying dust partials which may end up on your screen despite your best efforts to keep them away when applying the cover. This prevents permanent bubbles forming around pieces of lint/dust, a feature that does not carry across to stiffer covers.

3. The application process using the included spray, squeegee and cloth is a little more involved than other covers. However it offers the huge advantage of being able to slide the cover over the phone (rather than having to reapply) to allow the precision placement required to form a good seal along all edges of the phone.

4. There are some very good videos on YouTube on how to fit this product.

5. The product finish improves with time and use and minor bubbles will disappear as the moisture from the application process dries.

6. The issue of the final finish is a minor one but it is valid if it matters to you. There is undeniably an orange peel look to the screen protector which is very shallow and visible only when closely inspected. When using the phone it is not discernible at all and does not affect the function or sensitivity of the screen at all.

In summery there is potentially one minor point with this product however this is the best screen protector (in my opinion!) on the market and I have tried a few!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone needs this!!!!!!, 7 Sept. 2011
InvisibleSHIELD is THE greatest product I've ever used with my Apple phones. I bought Zagg's coloured design stick on covers and it was AMAZING. I really can't understand why everyone doesn't have this on their device. It protects, is sooooo easy to install and lasts forever.

I had one on my iPhone 3GS and it never once let me down. My partner now has this phone as I upgraded to an iPhone 4 (which is the reason I bought this product) and he's glad to have it.

The one huge benefit about this product since I bought it last is that the adhesive solution is now in a spray form which made it so unbelievably easy to install. For my 3GS the solution came in a little tray with a sponge and the process was messy and prolonged. I had delayed putting on my new invisibleSHIELD telling my partner that it was a fiddly job but when I sat down to install it on my iPhone 4 it literally took me 30 seconds.

No bubbles, no mess, no fingerprints, no hassle...

I really REALLY can't stress how much this product is of benefit to protecting the delicate screen of the phone. I also don't find that it distorts the screen resolution at all.. the screen is just as clear as without.

YOU CAN'T NOT HAVE THIS PRODUCT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hi-tech cover!, 15 Jun. 2012
J. Evans "Yiyan" (UK) - See all my reviews
I went for this as I was looking for a good quality screen cover that would last longer than the usual cheap options.

Upon arrival I was surprised to see a full application kit which indicated that it was a little bit more hi-tech than the usual peel and stick. Having read the instructions, I then decided to also view the online video's from the manufacturer. This was definitely a good idea as it made the application process a lot easier!

Once on I had to leave my phone unused for several hours whilst the shield full settled. I decided to apply it late in the evening so I could just leave my phone off over night.

The next morning I fired up my phone and was pleased to see that the shield was on properly and had stuck down nicely. The only thing I noticed before turning the screen on was a slight texturisation that was now given to the screens surface. I thought this might effect the image but was pleased to see that when the screen was on, it was much harder to notice.

On the whole this seems to be a pretty good product and aside from the texture change, I certainly have no reason to complain so far!!

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOOOOPEEB, 12 July 2011
A. Shodjaie "EZZ" (UK, southampton) - See all my reviews
in the past i have bought 4 or 5 of these and i ruined the first 2 cuz i was just keen to get it on as quick and soon as i could on the phone but the tricky part is to know exactly how its done and what you need to make it right, there is a video on their web site "zagg" make sure you watch that 2 or 3 times at least b4 trying to install this your self for the first time.
ignore the bad reviews on this item cuz they obviously bunch of idiots and dont know that to get this thing right and make it look like that its not really there,you need to be patient.
after proper instalation of this thing you need to put ur phone aside for 48 houres for perfect result. it will get cured over that period!
if u r not a patient person then this thing is not for u, I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT THERE IS NOT A BETTER SCREEN PROTECTER OUT THERE OTHER THAN THIS ONE.
make sure you watch the instalation video b4 doin anything

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product. Don't waste your money., 16 May 2012
I bought one of these shields for my phone after reading and believing all of the hype. It may actually give the protection that it claims to do but I never got the chance to find out. On trying to remove the back protector, it was so poorly cut that the screen actually collapsed into an unusable ball before I even got the chance to try it on. I actually managed to remove the front okay and fit it relatively easily until it came to the last bit. It turned out that it was very very poorly cut, leaving me excess plastic which would have covered vital parts. Requesting a refund is no good either as you are asked to return the screen as near new as possible, which is impossible unless you haven't actually tried to fit it. Don't waste your money on Zagg, go with a reputable and cheaper company.