5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint hearted - but it IS the best
Published on 25 July 2010 by AV

The reviews have been in the main part, quite positive for this Invisible Shield screen protector.
However, my experience was less than positive.

I had NO problem applying the screen protector. I have done quite a few over the years on a few different phones.
It was a breeze - and yes, I did even watch a couple of youtube videos to help...
Published 23 months ago by FiNaLiTY

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint hearted - but it IS the best, 25 July 2010
This review is from: InvisibleSHIELD Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 4 (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I've had a ZAGG cover on my iPhone 3G for 2 years and have bought them for my wife and daughter too. I also have one for my iPad and I absolutely would not have anything else. This is the best screen protection that you can get. Our phones have been dropped onto surfaces that would have destroyed screens like gravel and rocks and not only has nothing happened to the phone but the screen has remained pristine.

BUT - you are warned - this is the most difficult screen protector I have ever installed. There are a few things you absolutely must do in order to make your installation go well

1) really scrub your hands in hot water with lots of soap - remove absolutely every bit of natural body oil otherwise you will end up with fingerprints

2) make sure the screen is really clean - I mean spend a lot of time with a lint free cloth. I've now taken to not removing the plastic protection that comes with the device until the ZAGG arrives - just so that it won't have a single mark on it.

3) spray your own fingers first. I mean it. Make sure your finges are coated with the application liquid before you remove it from the backing sheet and spray front AND back of the film (important - DO NOT spray the phone - if liquid gets in, that's it - game over)

4) let the cover pretty much fall into place - don't use force or you will stretch it

5) let it dry overnight - it may be slightly tacky in the morning - I've found that spraying application fluid onto a lint free cloth the next night and using that to give the screen a good clean and once again dry overnight has removed all stickiness

It's a pain to install, yes. But after doing it right once, your phone will have maximum protection for the rest of it's life.

Superb product. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be patient and do it right!, 27 Oct 2010
Mr. C. George (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
The invisible shield is the best product going in terms of protection, but you have to do it right! Hand washing as if preparing for surgery, then apply, and scrape out the vast majority of bubbles. Don't then panic, cos it will look a bit rubbish a first on your new gadget. You have to then relax be patient and wait 24 hours. At this point nearly all the bubbles will have gone, by 48 hours, gone completely. If you panic before then and muck around with it, then fingerprints and disaster beckon. Protection once dry is awesome. Have used on ipods as well as iphone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to remove it after 12 hours... terrible. Sooooo Frustrating., 10 Aug 2012
However, my experience was less than positive.

It was a breeze - and yes, I did even watch a couple of youtube videos to help.

However, having followed the instructions to the letter and seeing any airbubbles disappear,
the protector had a circular tiny indentation just off-centre which did not ever disappear. It was a defect in the screen plastic. It was there all the time. It would not go, even if I pressed my nail into it, to help disperse it. It wouldn't change despite my trying to 'disperse' it with the included cloth. ... Truly a defect in the plastic. I had my daughter check it out... "definitley a problem with the actual protector".
I truly was sooooo meticulous when applying, that it wasn't a fragment of dust or anything - seriously, this was a manufacturing fault within the actual screen film.
And SO annoying right in the middle of the screen film.
I went to the Zagg website (as instructions said) and put in all my personal details to register the product.
In order to activate a *Guarantee* return, and obtain a new one - you have to register your details. Then you pay a delivery fee. Then you activate a $14.99 replacement fee on your card, until they register a reciept of your faulty one, with them. i.e. you send your 'faulty one' back to them (at a cost to you), then they may -or may not- send a replacement to you. After you have incurred a shipping cost back to them ($4.50) and paid a shipping cost from them, to you ($3.99). Total cost to you...$8.49 - to obtain a replacement for this faulty product, which cost orginally, around $11....
You may well, indeed, recieve a replacement screen protector. (How many people will actually do this??) But I guess I would have saved $1.51 in the process.... Not to mention my time/effort. Sheesh.

The Invisible Shield also looked cheap / weird. It had an 'orange peel' texture and was a bit 'sticky' to move your finger over. Just really awful. I'm putting all this down to an expensive, non-returnable 10 experience. I'm moving on! (Or I'll keep ranting on here... and we don't want that!!!)

I have now angrily ripped off the rubbish that was "Invisible Shield" (totally not invisible anyway) - and gone back to my beautiful original fluid, smooth-swipe screen.
Think I'll go with Screen Devils again, which lasted about a year, last time. Couldn't tell it was on, it looked so similar to the normal screen.
The Zagg was such a disappointment. Will not buy again. And as for the 'guarantee'..... yeah, right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zagg Invisible Shield for I-phone 4, 8 Aug 2010
Great product. Arrived on time. MUST read instructions in order to ensure no bubbles are created.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for your phone, 25 April 2012
A. Malt - See all my reviews
Product is easy to fit and works very well. I'm a builder and it has been on my phone for a month and still looks like new!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 20 Nov 2011
Sticks really well. I managed to put it on OK first time, which I thought was pretty impressive. The film is a lot less flat than I thought it would be (it just looks like polymer rather than glass), and is kind of soft, but doesn't look too greasy/grubby which is good. The amazing thing about this product is how well it sticks. I love the fact that it hasn't peeled up at the edges or anything yet. It has attracted some of the red fluff from my case, and will probably need replacing in a few months because there is dirt around the sides (I'm a bit OCD), but otherwise it is fabulous. My one comment is that the squeezy juice bottle had leaked before it got to me, but this wasn't really a problem because it is properly sealed in a bag. I just snipped the corner and used what had escaped to coat my fingers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Sep 2012
Have used this company's products on various items, it does the job very well. Recommend using invisible shield on any mobile device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great!, 15 July 2012
I've had these on different phones for a while now. The protector is simply brilliant. I have dropped, slid, knocked off of desks various phones and none have suffered any damage. I always carry my phone in my pocket and there are some inevitable times I forget and put change or keys in that pocket. No problem
My first iPhone in now in the hands of the third person and the screen (and this original protector) are still pristine, the second one is with someone who loves to go to festivals etc and wear tight fitting pockets, still pristine.
I am just buying 3 iPhones, a Galaxy SIII and a Blackberry for the family and each one will have this fitted before being dished out. They can then put whatever cover they want.
The downside is simply following the instructions. How difficult can that be?? The first person in these replies reiterated what to do. It's not so hard. Just do it and the protector will do its job. Having fitted loads of cheap ones, and having had to replace them after a short while because they do not work or last, I much prefer to take a little time and do it right, and more importantly do it once
If you want your nice shiny phone out in public with you immediately you receive it, maybe look at a cheap option - but if you actually value your phone (or are the person who has to pay for its replacement!!), get one of these. The longer they are on your phone the better they look and the easier your fingers slide. I have seen absolutely no impact on touch sensitivity or visual impairment of the screen, as long as you follow the instructions. That's all it takes, and a couple of days of patience. I just don't tell my brood the phones have arrived till this is done ;-) and that takes away their impatience

5.0 out of 5 stars Infinitley superior, 12 July 2012
L. Matheson "Blondie" (UK) - See all my reviews
I've just put one of these on my iPhone. I've used cheaper ones for over a year now and had to replace them frequently not to mention the fingerprints they seem to maintain on the surface.
But you definitely get what you pay for...the quality is far superior as the product goes on much more smoothly when you spray with the solution provided. This allows you to reposition much more easily and iron out any air bubbles with the rubber squeegee provided.
It does have a different finish to other protectors but it doesn't detract from the screen and I've found it to be nothing less than a great product.
If people find this tough to apply then they will find the cheaper ones a nightmare!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hi-tech cover!, 15 Jun 2012
J. Evans "Yiyan" (UK) - See all my reviews
I went for this as I was looking for a good quality screen cover that would last longer than the usual cheap options.

Upon arrival I was surprised to see a full application kit which indicated that it was a little bit more hi-tech than the usual peel and stick. Having read the instructions, I then decided to also view the online video's from the manufacturer. This was definitely a good idea as it made the application process a lot easier!

Once on I had to leave my phone unused for several hours whilst the shield full settled. I decided to apply it late in the evening so I could just leave my phone off over night.

The next morning I fired up my phone and was pleased to see that the shield was on properly and had stuck down nicely. The only thing I noticed before turning the screen on was a slight texturisation that was now given to the screens surface. I thought this might effect the image but was pleased to see that when the screen was on, it was much harder to notice.

On the whole this seems to be a pretty good product and aside from the texture change, I certainly have no reason to complain so far!!

InvisibleSHIELD Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 4