Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 October 2010
Probably the best album she ever did. I was a little bit sceptical about this last one even if I'm a huge fan but all my doubts have vanished in a blast ! It is very well written, the production is brilliant and the songs interesting and Hypnotic. Love it ! I know Toyah is criticized in the UK for some decisions she has taken in her career but In France we love her ! Et en plus, la voix est magnifique, toujours présente et elle a su adapter sa technique vocale à l'évolution du moment. Bravo !
on 13 December 2011
This album is a brilliant return to form and a pure delight. After a couple of listens every track becomes a favourite. OK - there are a few riffs and melody lines we've heard soemwhere before but Toyah makes this a vital, foot stomping, thrilling ride and nails every moment. Her voice is a delight, sometimes rocking and punky as ever, elsewhere sexy and seductive and then subtle and expansive. All I want is for her to tour again so that we can get to see her fantastic live performance of some of these numbers. I'm so glad I sought her ought again after all these years.
on 13 March 2011
When I bought In The Court Of The Crimson Queen, I did not know quite what to expect I had only briefly heard Heal Ourselves & was expecting another deep and meaningful album like Prostitute or Take The Leap. To my delight what I got instead was Toyah at her power pop best, delivering an album to rival 1981s Anthem.
The art work on the album also features some stunning pictures, which prove Toyah still has it & how!
Listening to The Humans album recently, We Are The Humans reminded me that I had quite forgotten how good the last Toyah album was, the wittily titled "In The Court Of The Crimson Queen".

Toyah is one of those people who only really became interesting to me after the hits dried up, and this album is a bit of a secret joy. There's half a dozen songs here that deserved to be huge with the likes of 'Sensational', the bluesy (!) 'Latex Messiah' and 'Legacy', utter delights. However, it would be a brave man who listened to 'Come' and 'Bad Man' more than once.

You really ought to buy this, just so Toyah doesn't have to slum it on the Vampires Rock tour again.
on 20 December 2014
Love this album, I have always liked Toyah since she started out, but since having my children sort of got behind on my music so I decided to buy this on the feedback given on here and Im not dissapointed I love this album!!!
on 2 March 2011
Being an original Toyah fan, I didn't know what to expect of this CD. BUT greatly surprised. The only way to describe is it's mellowed with age. On continuous play. Well Done Toyah for this Album.
on 19 April 2012
Wonderful to have you back wonderful Toyah. Stylish and addictive, and I can't play it too much. That voice throws me back to my bedroom in 1982, poster city...Rock on...
on 1 June 2016
Excellent. Quick delivery.My wifewas singing with Toyah in Rock Choir but whole CD very good.
on 23 January 2011
This album was a real good surprise ..full uf nuggetts ..at the first song we are taken by the energy and follow by the emotion of "heal ourselves"(on myspace toyah)
"bad man" and legacy "..Toyah is a rare artist who take some diffrent way (THE HUMANS )and i love her creation ..so different of what we heard everytime...bye
on 30 July 2014